• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 pbbrybry

pbbrybry

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 04:53 AM

Just recently I was slightly worried as I had paint shoot to my eyes even when wearing my mask. I had slight blurred vision and couldn't tell where I was shot from, and when sitting down for one game I noticed that they got under the crease where the mask ends and the lense begins. Has anyone had this issue with this mask? It's not a major issue as I don't get hit in the face much, but this slightly startled me and looking into i4's or the HK KLR. I really don't want to invest in a new mask, but if anyone has had this issue and how did you prevent it please let me know.

Edit: Link to pictures here, left image is facing the lens and the right is looking down where the paint came from. 

Edited by pbbrybry, 12 February 2014 - 07:21 AM.

FEEDBACK!

2 | 0 | 0

#2 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,301 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 07:53 AM

Did you push the the lense and the frame back together?

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#3 pbbrybry

pbbrybry

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 08:19 AM

Did you push the the lense and the frame back together?

Yup, but apparently that's how the mask is made... They have vent holes and I'm worried if I cover them up it will fog up. Just curious to see if anyone else has them covered up. I'll post a pic once I get off work and have time to snap a shot for better explanation (visually at least)

FEEDBACK!

2 | 0 | 0

#4 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 02:05 PM

There is also the possibility of a gap when you put on different Proflex bottoms. The Flex8 bottoms on mine leave a little gap on each side of the nose, but the gap is so small and at such an odd angle, that I highly doubt it will ever be a safety concern. In stock form, I have never seen such a gap.

#5 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,575 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 02:27 PM

I've never seen any of this gap stock form. Pics would help.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#6 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,738 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 05:39 PM

All masks have vents around the lens frames. A visor will prevent you from being shot in the ones on the top.

#7 smurfinator22

smurfinator22

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 06:13 PM

if i recall correctly, and im not sure if this was just with the terrepat version or not, the gen 1 eflexes had a small gap in between the frame and the bottoms. they corrected that with the gen 2's. but again im not sure if that was just with the terrepat model or if it was with all models. there isnt much that you can do about it that i know of, other than maybe trying a new pair of flex bottoms would fix the issue

#8 pbbrybry

pbbrybry

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:38 AM

I've never seen any of this gap stock form. Pics would help.

Pics have been posted

FEEDBACK!

2 | 0 | 0

#9 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,575 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 01:28 AM

You know what, the other day, I got shot in that exact spot that you spoke about. Yeah I got paint under my eye. But there's no safety detriment. Just an annoyance.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#10 pbbrybry

pbbrybry

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 06:55 AM

There is also the possibility of a gap when you put on different Proflex bottoms. The Flex8 bottoms on mine leave a little gap on each side of the nose, but the gap is so small and at such an odd angle, that I highly doubt it will ever be a safety concern. In stock form, I have never seen such a gap.

I got these in September 13' and it was stock, I believe this may be current gen but who knows. Also I have the pics up if your still confused on what I'm talking about

All masks have vents around the lens frames. A visor will prevent you from being shot in the ones on the top.

I know they make visors but I got hit under the eye bridge next to the nose, doubt the visor can protect those vents

You know what, the other day, I got shot in that exact spot that you spoke about. Yeah I got paint under my eye. But there's no safety detriment. Just an annoyance.

Well at least I'm not going crazy and think I F'd up my lens swap. I always tug on the bottoms to make sure they aren't loose, I might see what empire has to say about this (plus got proof)

FEEDBACK!

2 | 0 | 0

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: goggle, e-flex, lense, mask, flaw, issue

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users