• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 armonster456

armonster456

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:50 AM

Getting an axe soon. Should i know about any problems? And a bit of a frivolous question but any color recommendations? My cousin has the storm trooper and i dont wanna get the same so anything other than the storm trooper. AND i don't care if you think the axe looks like a piece of crap with any color blah blah! This question is intended for those who have an axe, or aspire to own one. Thank guys. :tup:

#2 r45vt

r45vt

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:09 AM

I bought a black one because it was on sale.  I think the feed-neck sucks. Otherwise it's a great marker.

Nearly every screw did loosen up within the first 10 cases.  After you play a day or two check all of your screws.  Also the regulator will creep a little when new, mine did this the first 2 cases and then went away.

Where are you going to buy it from?  Different places have different colors.  Personally get a color you will be happy with.  Spend the extra money to get one that isn't black.

My youtube channel:

https://www.youtube....QgnGna7lWBK-c3w

Watch some paint splat on people!

#3 OMGitisZMD

OMGitisZMD

Maryland Paintballer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:13 AM

I have an Axe and I love it! I have a Silver & Black Axe (Originally had an all black and part swapped with a Silver & Blue Axe) and I personally think it looks great. I would recommend getting a new barrel because the stock one isn't the best lengthwise (12 inches), a new feedneck if you don't like the stock one, and maybe a Lurker Bolt or Boss Bolt if you are looking to get the best performance out of your Axe. I hope you enjoy your new Axe!

Edited by OMGitisZMD, 05 February 2014 - 01:19 AM.

Maryland Paintballer

#4 karolinen

karolinen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:09 AM

Having the axe le pdd and some normal axe the barrel isent that bad its just too short fore some peopel and dont go running out buying upgrades Before you even own one or playd with it, you may like it just they way it is, some problem,,, well ihave hade  2 axes that hade problem with the air transfer tube in the grip  thats about it, hope it helps

#5 pbbrybry

pbbrybry

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:56 AM

I would possibly say invest in a used axe this way you don't have to worry about any minor kinks it has brand new. I have mine in dust grey and the only issue I had in mine which was an easy fix was the screw in the detent was stripped and I just had to buy new detents. Also I've read the ASA tends to leak and you may want to see if that one does it if new.

FEEDBACK!

2 | 0 | 0

#6 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,881 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:50 AM

Never had a single issue with my Axe.  There's a lot of bandwagon hate towards it but its a perfectly fine mid end marker. A 25 dollar aftermarket bolt will also increase its effectiveness as well.

#7 armonster456

armonster456

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:55 PM

Thanks for the feedback. I have played like 5 games with a friend Axe and its been fine stock. I'll probably pick up acp barrel though. Also how do you tighten the ASA? I've heard that it comes loose quick

#8 r45vt

r45vt

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:51 PM

Thanks for the feedback. I have played like 5 games with a friend Axe and its been fine stock. I'll probably pick up acp barrel though. Also how do you tighten the ASA? I've heard that it comes loose quick

I ordered mine within the last 3 months so it was fairly new.  There was no loctite on the bolts.

I wouldn't worry about it unless you feel the ASA start to wobble.  You can get to the bolts with the grips off.  You might not be able to tighten them without taking off the air transfer tube which requires pulling the grip frame from the receiver.  No biggie really.  Axe is very easy to work on.  

Edited by r45vt, 05 February 2014 - 09:52 PM.

My youtube channel:

#9 Efry34

Efry34

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 07:05 PM

Another problem with the AXE is that KEE is outsourcing their facility from Florida to China.  Which means if you have a problem and need to send it in, it'll be a hell of a lot more money for shipping.  I mean, I haven't read that many things about people having problems.  Just something to consider.

#10 pber709

pber709

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 07:12 PM

the only infamous problem of the axe is the bottom air transfer tube tends to get bent if not reassembled properly 

If you want to be on a team and are in the Chicagoland area pm me.

Save a rock, throw an Ion!

#11 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,114 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 07:33 PM

the only infamous problem of the axe is the bottom air transfer tube tends to get bent if not reassembled properly 

So, user error is an "infamous problem"?

#12 pber709

pber709

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 09:09 PM

So, user error is an "infamous problem"?

No i did this to one of my gen one minis, the set screws become loose from the vibration of shooting and when i tighten it not knowing about this problem the asa bent the tube.

#13 Vlocityfan104

Vlocityfan104

:O la gasp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,746 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 09:18 PM

Another problem with the AXE is that KEE is outsourcing their facility from Florida to China.  Which means if you have a problem and need to send it in, it'll be a hell of a lot more money for shipping.  I mean, I haven't read that many things about people having problems.  Just something to consider.

the axe was made overseas anyway and thats only for basic paint

#14 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 09:38 PM

HOLD THE HELL UP? You have to ship to f***ingg China to have your guns serviced now? So glad I bought the Ego11 over the Axe now. 

Edited by bigx, 06 February 2014 - 09:39 PM.

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#15 pber709

pber709

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 09:57 PM

the axe was made overseas anyway and thats only for basic paint

no for tech needs u send it to their shop in Missouri.

HOLD THE HELL UP? You have to ship to f***ingg China to have your guns serviced now? So glad I bought the Ego11 over the Axe now. 

^^^^

#16 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:01 PM

^^^ I was going to say last I checked Kee had their paint manufacturing in Florida. Not their entire operation, New England is Eclipse country though With Eclipse being based out of Rhode Island <3

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#17 r45vt

r45vt

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:59 PM

Kee has some of the best customer service I have ran across.  

This post seems pretty ignorant.  I'm not sure if you were joking in light of the factories moving or really thought the marker would have to be sent all the way back to the factory.  

If you know what is wrong with your marker they just send you new parts.  All their stuff is serviced stateside if needed.  

My youtube channel:

#18 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,022 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:17 PM

Dont make false claims.

#19 armonster456

armonster456

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:16 PM

So do you guys recommend an axe over an etek4? Or vice versa. I'm just really debating here b/c of the PE packaging and i just like guns like the axe (spoolie kind of gun) thx :tup:

#20 mcsaggens

mcsaggens

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:16 PM

isnt the axe an inline poppet?

#21 armonster456

armonster456

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:39 PM

isnt the axe an inline poppet?

wouldnt know... lmao took a shot in the dark

:P

#22 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:26 PM

It is an inline poppet, and I'd recommend it over an etek because of how smooth it shoots and how quiet it is.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users