• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 adjren

adjren

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:46 PM

I honestly appreciate any advice or input, and know how ridiculous this sounds.

I understand this probably belongs in noob, but here's why I ask:

all service, upgrade, and stock extras aside; what would possess one to purchase an axe;

(f, why not)

ANY marker, over the GoG eXTCY? 

(open ended, devils advocate, hypothetically)

In terms of raw performance, what can I expect from another marker? Accuracy? Less spread? Ball chop reliability? 

I'm a big believer in, 'its not the gun-it's the player". For this reason alone, I'm putting most of my investment into pads and a really comfortable pair of goggles. I figure if I can be all that I can be, and physically have nothing hold me back; whats to say a high end marker is the answer when fields and tournaments cap you at 12 bps anyways? 

New eXTCY - $200 sale - off of ANS so, orings and case n such (possibly $250 if i get it at one of multiple local fields, for the added year membership)

Used Axe - $330 (doubtful it comes with anything extra)

(half naked Late 90's Rachael Lee Cook for your troubles)

rachael-leigh-cook-31-a.jpg

#2 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:12 PM

None of anything you're looking for. All markers and barrels are equally as accurate, it's more in the paint choice. No less spread on either, and they have eyes so neither will chop. The axe is made of metal, is more efficient, the shot quality is different. Better build quality. Macroless too.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#3 adjren

adjren

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:21 PM

excellent post. =) then only thing I could ask, would you mind elaborating on "shot quality"?

#4 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,022 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:29 PM

Your post shows a wisdom on gear very few possess... :tup: (also bewbz! :D)

The only advantages of a more expensive marker are (in my personal order of importance) efficiency (some roles in speedball or scenarios require a certain player to shoot a LOT of paint and some fields only fill to 3000psi), shot feel/sound (most people prefer a marker with less vibration and feel of the bolt moving and quieter when shooting but it doesnt ACTUALLY matter), and luxury/prestige. That last one can mean a lot of things, none of which are really meaningful for how the marker actually performs.

#5 adjren

adjren

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:40 PM

=P thank you guys for the input. been stressn alot; income tax season, just wanna make it count without regretting too much. honestly, just lookn to have a good time, but if a living legends or 3 man comes my way, i'd just like to be prepared.  ;) 

#6 Efry34

Efry34

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:38 PM

I had a lot of problems with the macro line on my extcy when I had it.  And you should look a little harder into that used axe.  I got mine for $250 with a lurker bolt, upgraded poppet, and violent series feedneck.  I'm not sure where you are getting the axe from, but you could get it cheaper.  Bad thing about the axe is that it doesn't come with a case.  Also the axe isn't for everyone, you have to feel both in your hands, they feel VERY different.

#7 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:34 PM

The extcy doesn't have macro^
And what issues would you have with the steel hose?

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#8 Efry34

Efry34

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:58 PM

Mine would always leak from the fittings.  Plus the internal hoses near the solenoid started leaking.  It was just a mess.

#9 adjren

adjren

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:19 AM

Well, the reason I wanted this used axe, is because I don't trust the 'private seller base' in my area. I'd rather get it used at a reputable shop, so I know it atleast passed through someone's hands ya know? Too many kids lookn to sell their beat up junk for some drugs lol. however, I did just read an argument for feeling both in the hands first...

#10 meh

meh

Screw you guys, I'm goin' home

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:10 PM

Mine would always leak from the fittings.  Plus the internal hoses near the solenoid started leaking.  It was just a mess.

Even though it's cheap, the extcy is not the best gun. The Axe is very reliable and very well made. The extcy however leaked on me constantly and I ended up buying an Axe anyway.

Meh

If you're under 18 and pay for your own stuff, put this in your signature.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: extcy, axe, gog, empire

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users