• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Nate1340

Nate1340

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:53 PM

For me it would have to be getting bonus balled and the extremely high price of everything 

#2 BestPlays TV

BestPlays TV

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:04 PM

Not to be offending but there is an over abundance of threads like this that have no purpose. Instead of complaining about things that are not in your control i.e. people stealing, or shooting hot or something else. I'm not saying to ignore problems at all, because being ignorant of the problems will just lead to the sport worsening as a whole. But rather than just making a whole thread complaining on random problems, make a specific thread for the problem you wish to address instead of just complaining and doing nothing.

#3 DasJaco

DasJaco

TIGER STYLE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:20 PM

You shouldn't complain about the price. We have guns for $300 these days that would have cost $1000 back in the day.

Lakeville Ambush #3

DLX Luxe 2.0

Dye Rotor

Ninja 77/4500

#4 TechPB-Willie

TechPB-Willie

The man behind the scene.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,710 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:30 PM

In comparison of when I started playing, the cost is at about 1/3 to 1/4 of what it used to cost to play this game.

Cases - were in excess of $200 a case. Normal bag prices would be anywhere from $60 to $100 a bag. I fell in love with the game when it was this expensive, and could not play while I was young. I had to wait til I became an adult and made very good money with a company I owned and started back playing and have been playing since.

This is a luxury sport, it is not intended to be cheap. It is a small group that play it on a regular basis. Yes many people play but few play regularly and admit to it. So for the cost to come down, it will need to be played ona  much larger scale and much more frequently by the masses for the cost to possibly come down more. So if we complained about it then, this game would not be here for you to enjoy.

In regards to bonus balls, it does happen at times since the balls are in the air and once the first one hits you there is still 8 to 15 in the air.

Just giving an different perspective, not saying it does not happen but there are times when people claim to be bonus balled and it was not the actual situation.

My suggestion would be if you have a complaint, the best thing to do is offer a solution with it. Addressing the problem will not resolve it. Addressing it and offering a solution is the way to improve the game.

Just an Old Man's perspective.

#5 Nate1340

Nate1340

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:03 PM

You all have a good point and maybe I was being a little sour. I apologize if I came off as ignorant about the whole price thing but I'm still young at 17 and have not  been in the sport very long so these are pretty much the only prices I know. Also maybe part of why I see it as so expensive has to do with the limited amount of income you can make at my age. As for bonus balling I think it bothers me a little bit more because I play mostly semi I think I would have a little more tolerance for it if I was playing ramping. Anyways your all right about it being pointless to just complain and this is kind of a pointless thread so I apologize.   

#6 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,589 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:42 PM

Look I'm 16, but you don't need to have the really expensI've stuff to play for funsies. I rarely use the axe that my brother gave to me in favor of my eNMEy, with a Z2 and a 68/4500. All my gear I accumalated from first asking for it for Christmas, and then working at a job for the rest. I make enough to spend 60ish every weekend and still have some to save or spend on other things. You don't need a 500 dollar gun with 500 dollar apparel.
You can easily have a blast with a low end mechanical marker with a halo and some HPA tank, a t shirt, a good mask, and some cargo pants. Hell even that's pushing it in terms of how much you need to have fun.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#7 DasJaco

DasJaco

TIGER STYLE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:48 PM

Orange Chicken is right. But hell you don't even need a gun B)

Lakeville Ambush #3

DLX Luxe 2.0

Dye Rotor

Ninja 77/4500

#8 r45vt

r45vt

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:55 PM

Shit.  Even without ramping count on 3-4 hits past the one that broke and possibly more if you take the time to check for a paint break.  It happens.  There are many people out there wiping so they shot a few shots at a time.  The later in the day the more frustrated people are at my fields.  Heat makes the balls bounce more frequently so you get a guy shooting 6 at a time instead of 3.  

Always best to yell out and gun up, run out instead of walk.  Bonus balls will always happen.  And don't run in front of your team mates that are still in.  You'll likely get shot as they are trying to hit your team mate.

Edit:

Also I last outing I switched with a friend that was using a rental(for my Ax).  Wanted to illustrate it's not the gun but the user.  It was fun for me to use a crappy rental.  Still nailed 3 people.  

Every now and again I bust out the MR1 mechanical and have some fun with a shake-n-bake on top.  

Edited by r45vt, 05 February 2014 - 10:57 PM.

#9 BestPlays TV

BestPlays TV

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:10 AM

As a funny side note, we play a sport with projectiles. Bonus balls happen get used to it. Lol, its part of the sport.

#10 BestPlays TV

BestPlays TV

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:14 AM

Yeah, an I'm 15. Paintball is not that expensive. The thing is that many parents don't support it. Most seasons for sport team cost a few thousand, just like paintball. Hell, golf cost a lot more than paintball. The key is to bring more people into the sport so the price goes down. So let's all make it a goal to bring a lot, and I mean, a lot of friends to play some paintball. As a side note, you don't need that much paint. But that's how paintball is, the cheaper paint is, the more people shoot, and the more expensive it gets. Like people never shot a case before, not its cheaper so people just shoot the whole thing and then call the sport expensive.

#11 Carolus Rex

Carolus Rex

I won at life once.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:13 AM

I'm 18 and have been playing since i was 14 (Hmmm, time really flies when you have fun) and my parents have been supportive, at least later on when they realised it wasn't a flavor of the month thing. At first my stepmom was a little uneasy about the whole thing and she still complains when i come home  covered in welts and bruises, but tgat's just moms being moms. Dad just thinks it's cool and has said that he would've probably be playing paintball when he was young too. They have bought me gear for christmas or chipped in if it's something more expensive. Even offered money for paint in exchange for good grades :P (A case of paint per A, not kidding actually. Thought it would be fun to add that aswell :))

My parents also thinks that in the grands scheme of things paintball isn't that particularly expensive. They usually compare it to the sports/hobbies his coworkers kids are doing. Compared to hocky, soccer or horse riding it isn't that bad. 

With my budget i get by with about half a case per day of play. Playing twice or three times per month. During the season you spend money on playing, and during the off-season  you save money for gear. That's what i've been doing and it works just fine, for me at least.

Then again i might be lucky since i get 160 dollars per month to cover some of my expenses. 

Spoiler

Edited by Carolus Rex, 06 February 2014 - 03:59 AM.

o8qo.jpg

#12 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,589 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:44 AM

Totally agree with the above. But soccer? You get expensive shoes and some adidas shin guards and you're good for about a year or two, maybe even more. I get that joining clubs is expensive, but I don't know if it's comparable with paintball every weekend or so. I played in club for 5 years.

#13 Carolus Rex

Carolus Rex

I won at life once.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:57 AM

Totally agree with the above. But soccer? You get expensive shoes and some adidas shin guards and you're good for about a year or two, maybe even more. I get that joining clubs is expensive, but I don't know if it's comparable with paintball every weekend or so. I played in club for 5 years.

Ok you obviously have more insight than i do into playing soccer at that level, so i'm not gonna pretend that anything else is the case. Maybe things work diffrently over here. But ok, maybe not soccer.

o8qo.jpg

#14 The Rec-Baller 217

The Rec-Baller 217

GET SOME PAINT IN THE AIR!!!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:19 AM

Orange Chicken is right. But hell you don't even need a gun B)

Oh the joy of sneaking on others with out them knowing your their to only tell them "hey.... barrel tag" and see the look on their faces.

#15 NBTIppy

NBTIppy

Sterling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:55 PM

Snot nosed teenagers that are too good to talk to me when I say hello because I'm not in their circle of cool kid friends. I don't give a shit how cool you think you are, I'm just trying to be friendly.

#16 Scum

Scum

TechPB's Official Llama

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:02 AM

Two things.

Groups of rowdy college age rental users who go on the field with a curse in every sentence. Since their group is so large they get the option to play a private game. And when they do they never call themselves out.

And also referees who won't stop the rowdy college renters from staying in the game and end up making everyone else wait till they run out of paint or otherwise stop playing.

Are you butthurt? Rumproasted? Asscinerated? Tushie tattered? Booty bombed? Colon Crucified? Posteriorpwned?

#17 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,589 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 01:55 AM

I love seeing college renters. They're the fun ones out there.

However, douchebags are annoying.

#18 datballer

datballer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:08 PM

I usually play on the dorito side so whenever some dumbass runs right to the X, i find that people always mess up their footing. They leave their foot sticking out and i can hit it immediately. They freak out not wondering where the hits are coming from, and I shoot them again if they don't get out. 

#19 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,810 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:00 AM

Am I the only guy still in his teens around here who decided to just straight up get a job and bankroll my own future? 

There are good jobs out there, you can have all the money in the world of you go out and put the work in. Ive been working since I was 15 by the time I was 17 I had enough to buy myself a car and keep insurance paid for it. By the time I was 17 I used the fact that I now had my own car to get a better job to make more money? Now im 19 work 3 days a week because of a full College courseload load and still bring home $300 for living expenses and general fun money. 

You guys need to realize that the easiest way to make money is to already have money. Save your pennies get your license and work until you/or your family can afford some sort of car and the money to insure it and keep it running. From there ration your time so you have both time for your studies and time to work. Its not hard eventually you will have enough money to afford to play paintball when you want to. 

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#20 Punisher

Punisher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:39 PM

Someone getting a ball down my barrel!

#21 ragu

ragu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:58 PM

Someone getting a ball down my barrel!

In my most recent uploaded video...Someone shooting a ball at my other barrel  when a ball that big won't make it in a hole that small.

Edited by ragu, 16 February 2014 - 09:23 PM.

Watch my Paintball Music Video Mag-fed chain-fed action

Walk Away:

https://www.youtube....h?v=a9UzZUCgkqI

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users