• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 bigdoghoffy72

bigdoghoffy72

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:51 PM

What if someone manufactured angel eyes again? I mean I would definitely buy them but I just wonder if it would be a profitable company. Would you guys support the new company. This is kinda like the thread with the wooden grips and stuff.

#2 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,064 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:53 PM

The company would flop if all it did was make angel eyes

#3 Simiballer

Simiballer

Professional Pillow Fort Architect

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:59 PM

What if someone manufactured angel eyes again? I mean I would definitely buy them but I just wonder if it would be a profitable company. Would you guys support the new company. This is kinda like the thread with the wooden grips and stuff.

How is this like the wooden grips? If someone wanted to manufacture Angel Eyes, they would have to purchase the patent on the design, possibly the trademark on the name if they chose to keep it, buy all the necessary equipment to produce such masks, and possibly have them retested by whatever group deems these masks as safe. The wooden grip just requires a saw and some wood.
If you're under 18 and pay for your own stuff, put this in your signature.
On a side note... Royal Highlanders rule!

#4 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,983 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:21 PM

Well, to be fair, "remade" isn't the proper term. What we saw was a prototype, and a prototype that was deemed to be unsafe. So, if it were to be made, the lens would need a redesign, so the final product has a high chance of looking different than the version we saw.

And one other thing, Mike made a good point in another thread about this very topic. It would be very expensive to bring this mask to market, as the design is probably far from complete. I just don't see any money to be made by bringing some ugly mask that needed a ton of work to market. And, keep in mind, paintball manufacturers do enjoy some profit here and there, they are a business when it comes right down to it.

#5 bigdoghoffy72

bigdoghoffy72

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:42 PM

Well, to be fair, "remade" isn't the proper term. What we saw was a prototype, and a prototype that was deemed to be unsafe. So, if it were to be made, the lens would need a redesign, so the final product has a high chance of looking different than the version we saw.

And one other thing, Mike made a good point in another thread about this very topic. It would be very expensive to bring this mask to market, as the design is probably far from complete. I just don't see any money to be made by bringing some ugly mask that needed a ton of work to market. And, keep in mind, paintball manufacturers do enjoy some profit here and there, they are a business when it comes right down to it.

Of course it would have to be redesigned and finalized to an extent where it was completely safe.

#6 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,301 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:15 PM

They redesign would cost more than almost anybody would be willing to put into it. Whoever would want to produce these mask would need tens of thousands of dollars that can just be thrown away, anybody else would probably go bankrupt before they hit the market.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#7 foxx0440

foxx0440

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 05:09 PM

Hehheheeh someone already did

#8 r45vt

r45vt