• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Nate1340

Nate1340

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:47 AM

I was just wondering if anybody had any helpful about how I could improve my game or things that I practice that will help me out. All tips and advice are welcome but I'm looking for mostly advice about speedball specifically. 

#2 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,337 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:03 AM

Play against better players whenever you can. It'll suck getting beat all the time, but you'll get better. Practice snapshooting, sliding etc at home when you can.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#3 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:07 AM

I always like to suggest watching Dynasty Dysected. You should be able to find it on youtube, and it has a bunch of really helpful tips on just about everything you need to know. Mike made some good videos as well, you'll have to search his channel for those.

The biggest thing I can suggest is to just go out and play. Watching videos can help, but they don't do anything for you if you don't play. Also, always play people better than you. The only way to learn anything is to fail. The way to fail is to get beat, and the way to get beat is to play people that will beat you. It won't be fun getting beat all the time, but you will get better in the end.

#4 The Rec-Baller 217

The Rec-Baller 217

GET SOME PAINT IN THE AIR!!!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:16 AM

Play when ever you can, and in your down time go out for a small jog or do sit ups or something to help your movement on the field. 

#5 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:28 PM

Dont be afraid to ask questions

#6 ImpulseTECH

ImpulseTECH

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:40 PM

Play as much as possible. With better players if possible.

Like said before practice snap shooting at home. Maybe use a mirror so you can see yourself and the profile your giving off.

Videos can help but nothing beat muscle memory.

#7 FreeEnterprise

FreeEnterprise

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:01 PM

Learn to hit what you are aiming at with your FIRST shot. You want to get to the point where you DON'T have to aim, you just point and shoot. I haven't thought about "aiming" in years, I picked a gun when I started playing paintball, and never changed that gun, so my muscle memory is based on that gun. If I need an improvement I just change barrels based on the paint or the temperatures... 

Nothing beats repetition. The more you play, the more you learn. But, you can watch and learn from Tips & Tricks videos as well, especially basics like not getting tunnel vision. Learning how to predict movements. How to snap shoot, ect. 

#8 saintnoir

saintnoir

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:03 PM

this will sound weird but use a old mask on a stick if you practice shooting a bunker  you're instinct will be to hit the bunker not the mask

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, It is by the beans of Java the thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion"
2k3 dark angel,2k1 c@c angel,dark ir3,2k1 angel,99 led,2k2 lcd,2kad,05,06 speed,g7,A1,A1 fly......yup i like angels

#9 DasJaco

DasJaco

TIGER STYLE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:54 AM

Play. Play. Play.
Also I reccomend playing pump some say it doesn't help but I feel you can learn a lot playing pump.

Lakeville Ambush #3

DLX Luxe 2.0

Dye Rotor

Ninja 77/4500

#10 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,610 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:25 AM

Play more. Think about your mistakes. Win.
Biggest bit of advice is to learn how to play tight.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users