• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 gmore70

gmore70

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 07:21 PM

Our society is facing a challenge where 33% of kids are overweight and 18% are obese. They are in front of a screen 7.5 hours a day. Paintball provides teenagers with the same rush as a video game, but they get exercise and the face to face interaction that they need. So to promote this idea, I have made a simple Paintball Commercial.

I have granted Free Right To Use to everyone. Please see the video's about section for more details.

#2 Simiballer

Simiballer

Professional Pillow Fort Architect

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 08:05 PM

I love this!its not too long so it doesn't turn into a documentary, yet just long enough so a field could possibly use it as a fun promo. Well done
If you're under 18 and pay for your own stuff, put this in your signature.
On a side note... Royal Highlanders rule!

#3 scpb5696

scpb5696

Non-member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 08:29 PM

excellent work 

"It costs me more than $3,000 to play paintball every year, therefore I'd get a used highend for around $300- $600 and use the rest towards paint, gas, food, hotel costs, alcohol, and cheap hookers." SOUP on March 31, 2014

#4 P.A.N

P.A.N

Techpb to the front!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 09:41 PM

I like it!

#5 Justin B.

Justin B.

One Nation D5 EPL Paintball 2014!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,474 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 09:56 PM

I like it but I think that it creates that view that the general public thinks paintball is. The general public won't really be drawn in by this based on my experiences because they think paintball is "a bunch of people who wanna run around and shoot each other with guns in the woods". Now granted a lot of paintball is exactly that for Rec-ball players but if the video showed say a little more Speedball with some teams, then I think it would be much more successful (tournament playing teams that is).

Just my opinion.

Edited by Justin B., 06 February 2014 - 09:57 PM.

One Nation

Bob Long V1 Victory in **Titanium and Red W/Pressure tester and extras! 9/10 Cond.**: http://www.techpb.co...-910-condition/

My Feedback: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=210995

"CP anything should immediately reduce the value to zero, its painful to see nice guns with CP regs."

- Cookybiscuit

#6 Scum

Scum

TechPB's Official Llama

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:40 PM

I like it but I think that it creates that view that the general public thinks paintball is. The general public won't really be drawn in by this based on my experiences because they think paintball is "a bunch of people who wanna run around and shoot each other with guns in the woods". Now granted a lot of paintball is exactly that for Rec-ball players but if the video showed say a little more Speedball with some teams, then I think it would be much more successful (tournament playing teams that is).

Just my opinion.

Ditto.

Are you butthurt? Rumproasted? Asscinerated? Tushie tattered? Booty bombed? Colon Crucified? Posteriorpwned?

#7 bubo

bubo

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:48 PM

Just my opinion.

That could actually scare away more new players though.  I've been to a field with paintball pants and a pump and had kids think I'm gonna light them up.  this shows what a normal new play would experience thus i would say its probably the best way to portray the sport to the new players.

But I'm just playing devils advocate.

#8 Justin B.

Justin B.

One Nation D5 EPL Paintball 2014!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,474 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:56 PM

Just my opinion.

That could actually scare away more new players though.  I've been to a field with paintball pants and a pump and had kids think I'm gonna light them up.  this shows what a normal new play would experience thus i would say its probably the best way to portray the sport to the new players.

Well heck, that's true too but 99% of the kids in my area that are my age are obsessed with sports and they think paintball isn't one so my post would apply to people like that I guess.

One Nation

Bob Long V1 Victory in **Titanium and Red W/Pressure tester and extras! 9/10 Cond.**: http://www.techpb.co...-910-condition/

My Feedback: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=210995

"CP anything should immediately reduce the value to zero, its painful to see nice guns with CP regs."

- Cookybiscuit

#9 Wolfe

Wolfe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:21 PM

YES, YES, YES and OH HELL YES!

#10 TechPB-Willie

TechPB-Willie

The man behind the scene.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,710 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:45 PM

I have to admit that was well done. As mentioned perhaps a few more highlights of the break out or sliding and diving into bunkers from a speedball perspective to add more of a sport feel to it. But it is true there will be those that will assume and intimidated by it. SO just a few random clips of speedball players, no sound of the guns rolling.

But regardless I do feel this was well produced and gets the message across very well.

There will always be that stigma related to paintball about running and shooting each other, that is the principal of the game. SO to be concerned with those that have that stigma, one video will not change that. There have been many attempts to address the misconceptions and there is still that stigma. I mean people at work look at me like I'm crazy or out of my mind to play. This game is not for everyone, it never will be. Once we accept that we can move forward.

Appeal to the ones that would be interested in it, and let the non believers live in their glass house.

Just my .02

#11 Brook

Brook

Old n00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:08 PM

Brilliant!

I like the woodsball footage (but I am a weirdo).

Throwing in a couple of speedball athletic "moves" (superman dives, etc.) might reassure even more parents and draw in more kids.

...um...I have another stupid question...

#12 gmore70

gmore70

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:13 PM

Just my opinion.

Just my opinion.

Ditto.

Just my opinion.

Just my opinion.

Well heck, that's true too but 99% of the kids in my area that are my age are obsessed with sports and they think paintball isn't one so my post would apply to people like that I guess.

I have to admit that was well done. As mentioned perhaps a few more highlights of the break out or sliding and diving into bunkers from a speedball perspective to add more of a sport feel to it. But it is true there will be those that will assume and intimidated by it. SO just a few random clips of speedball players, no sound of the guns rolling.

But regardless I do feel this was well produced and gets the message across very well.

There will always be that stigma related to paintball about running and shooting each other, that is the principal of the game. SO to be concerned with those that have that stigma, one video will not change that. There have been many attempts to address the misconceptions and there is still that stigma. I mean people at work look at me like I'm crazy or out of my mind to play. This game is not for everyone, it never will be. Once we accept that we can move forward.

Appeal to the ones that would be interested in it, and let the non believers live in their glass house.

Just my .02

Hi Everyone.

Thank you for taking the time and writing down your feedback on my video. Just to let you know my thoughts when I made the video...as I had exactly the same thoughts.

As its was January and I live in Canada...speedball footage was out of the question.

The other piece is I wanted to show new younger kids playing. I didnt wish to show older or more experienced kids playing in the main middle section. However in the last few seconds, where it builds up, I decided to add a few quick pieces, to make them feel excited. Though, I did have exactly the same debate you mentioned above....what is best..reality or action that gets the kids excited.

My target was mostly the parents. I want the parents to see a believable, enjoyable game play. Sliding into snake for a new kid, its not going to happen.

And for the gun aspect. Like I said, I am a parent in Canada...need I say more. BUT! I have made other videos where I do break that down for parents. One thing at a time...right.

So, anyways, that's my thought process behind the game play.

And again, thanks for the feedback. I get most of my ideas thinking about what people have said to me...

#13 Scum

Scum

TechPB's Official Llama

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:02 PM

Hi Everyone.

Thank you for taking the time and writing down your feedback on my video. Just to let you know my thoughts when I made the video...as I had exactly the same thoughts.

As its was January and I live in Canada...speedball footage was out of the question.

The other piece is I wanted to show new younger kids playing. I didnt wish to show older or more experienced kids playing in the main middle section. However in the last few seconds, where it builds up, I decided to add a few quick pieces, to make them feel excited. Though, I did have exactly the same debate you mentioned above....what is best..reality or action that gets the kids excited.

My target was mostly the parents. I want the parents to see a believable, enjoyable game play. Sliding into snake for a new kid, its not going to happen.

And for the gun aspect. Like I said, I am a parent in Canada...need I say more. BUT! I have made other videos where I do break that down for parents. One thing at a time...right.

And again, thanks for the feedback. I get most of my ideas thinking about what people have said to me...

Eh...I think parents would see it as more of kids running around in a forest shooting people. I think showing some psp footage and maybe showing things like referees and such would make people see it as more of a sport.

Are you butthurt? Rumproasted? Asscinerated? Tushie tattered? Booty bombed? Colon Crucified? Posteriorpwned?

#14 gmore70

gmore70

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:44 PM

Hi Everyone.

Eh...I think parents would see it as more of kids running around in a forest shooting people. I think showing some psp footage and maybe showing things like referees and such would make people see it as more of a sport.

I live in Canada its January...would the parents mind if the inuit slide beside a igloo while being chased by a polar bear.  :P

Lets just agree to disagree. And hey, if you want to make one...go for it! Honestly...paintball needs more people doing positive and constructive things

#15 P.A.N

P.A.N

Techpb to the front!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:06 PM

Honestly the way that you opened, it made it seem that it was geared toward the kids, and I thought you did great at making it something that parents can see their kids doing, and even that the kids themselves can see themselves doing. Honestly I think even if you did add the speedball footage I feel like it would make the kids scared. Honestly when I went out my first time, I was scared of all the speedball guys. And, If you were going for the kids, by presenting the realm of woodsball to them first, you give them an idea of what it will be like. That way when they go to the field, they will be able to be apart of something they have seen and understand. Speedball is a completely different feel, and is hard to do well as a beginner. Where as woodsball (not saying speedball is hard and woodsball is easy) is alot more slow paced (typically) and makes more sense to them than an exploded bouncy house.

#16 Scum

Scum

TechPB's Official Llama

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 12:59 AM

Unfortunately paintball as a method to get that 60 minutes of activity per day really isn't that good. Teenagers with a job might be able to afford playing for one day every two weeks. People without jobs won't really be able to play anywhere near as much.

Still though, playing paintball might encourage them to exercise outside of paintball so they can do more on the paintball field. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users