• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Jaxliam1921

Jaxliam1921

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:19 PM

So I am 13 and getting into paintball and I own a spider emr1 that I plan to use for tournament. My problem is my local field (Jagger's) won't let you use a etriggerd paintball gun on there field except in tournaments. But I want to get better before I do any tournaments by playing up there on the weekends. So I have to buy a semi auto gun for up there. I also don't know what gun would be good because the paint balling up there is in caves so I don't know what type of gun to get. Oh hand I forgot to mention one thing I only have 150$ so please help me.

#2 FreeEnterprise

FreeEnterprise

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:26 PM

Tippmann A-5.

#3 Jaxliam1921

Jaxliam1921

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:28 PM

How heavy will that be compared to my spider. What are your thoughts on the azodin kaos

#4 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:25 PM

Go look at the gog enmey. Super light, and a much better option than the kaos and A5. The enmey is light, smooth, and has a nice trigger pull. It has a tool less bolt cap, and has no metal on metal wear. Plus it's only 130.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#5 Jaxliam1921

Jaxliam1921

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:58 PM

Ok what about a mask?

#6 Wolfe

Wolfe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:18 PM

Ok what about a mask?

This is a tough answer. Some are going to say you need to spend at least 100.00 on a mask to get the quality. Some will say cheaper models are just fine. To me, the best mask available is the VForce Profilers. Midrange price, high end quality and best field of vision in the game. They fit the vast majority of faces and have a quick change lense. However, you really should try on as many different masks as you can before you buy.

#7 Jaxliam1921

Jaxliam1921

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 04:22 PM

So these guns would be suitable for playing in the caves

#8 Ninjaafro

Ninjaafro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:27 PM

Jaegers will let you use electronic markers. But the enmey blows every markers in the sub $150 price range. As for masks try on as many as you can. I recommend the proflex or the profilers for a budget.

#9 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:19 PM

Also, a mask that I got for my brother that actually isn't too bad is the Valken/Sly MI-9. Rubber bottoms, quick change lenses, comfortable foam, and decently breathable and doesn't restrict speaking.

Everyone is different. However, as you play in caves, I'd advise against the Sly Profit's. In Arizona, it's a death sentence to play in them because of the intense heat and the lack of good breathability. Try on as many masks as you can, and, if possible, do so without a cap on money. Don't even think about the price. Just look at all the high quality masks, even the higher quality mid ends are worth looking at. Pick which one you like the best. The I4's are the most expensive, but that doesn't mean that they're for anyone. Grills are the cheapest of the high ends, yet are excellent for many people. Don't think about price, just look at what you like.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#10 The Rec-Baller 217

The Rec-Baller 217

GET SOME PAINT IN THE AIR!!!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:34 AM

The I4's are the most expensive, but that doesn't mean that they're for anyone. Grills are the cheapest of the high ends, yet are excellent for many people. Don't think about price, just look at what you like.

So true, and that goes for anything not just mask. Its not the arrows its the archer... 

#11 stlpaintballer

stlpaintballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:06 PM

Get the GoG Enmey. It's my field's rental markers. I used one when my gun went down at the field and couldn't fix it. They shoot smooth, are regulated, and have a good clamping feed neck. Down the road I would think about upgrading to a CP one piece barrel.

#12 mcsaggens

mcsaggens

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 12:02 AM

The I4's are the most expensive, but that doesn't mean that they're for anyone. Grills are the cheapest of the high ends, yet are excellent for many people. Don't think about price, just look at what you like.

So true, and that goes for anything not just mask. Its not the arrows its the archer... 

To bad you can not say the same thing for paintball..... "its the paintball, not the player." XD

#13 The Rec-Baller 217

The Rec-Baller 217

GET SOME PAINT IN THE AIR!!!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 04:04 PM

To bad you can not say the same thing for paintball..... "its the paintball, not the player." XD

Ahhh, but you see, you don't even need paintballs to get people out.... 

#14 ChloricName

ChloricName

RIP Jared Rice (12/18/14)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:36 PM

Jaegers (Missouri?) will let u use an etrigger but you have to play with the adults. You can't play in the youth fields. Also, 280 paintball will let u use an etrigger but there aren't as many players

Edited by ChloricName, 13 February 2014 - 09:37 PM.

#15 meh

meh

Screw you guys, I'm goin' home

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 12:36 AM

Ok what about a mask?

This is a tough answer. Some are going to say you need to spend at least 100.00 on a mask to get the quality. Some will say cheaper models are just fine. To me, the best mask available is the VForce Profilers. Midrange price, high end quality and best field of vision in the game. They fit the vast majority of faces and have a quick change lense. However, you really should try on as many different masks as you can before you buy.

Edited by meh, 15 February 2014 - 12:37 AM.

Meh

If you're under 18 and pay for your own stuff, put this in your signature.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users