• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 iPhaze

iPhaze

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:01 AM

Hello everyone, I recently am thinking about getting back into paintball been a few years and can't decide which gun to choose. I know its mostly preference but I am leaning towards the EGO 11 simply because I love the design and heard great things about it. Although the DM9 is also a great gun the reason I might get a DM9 over an EGO 11 is simply because the DM9 is $300.00 used vs EGO 11 which is around $675.00 used. I am willing to spend the extra $350.00 on the ego 11 if its worth the extra money. Also the reason I picked the dm9 is because I know the dm9 is basically the same as a dm11 and much cheap (they dont change design much). What do you guys suggest? Is it worth the extra $350.00????

#2 SPARTAN1147789

SPARTAN1147789

SPARTAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:16 AM

The DM9 will be smoother and quieter than the EGO 11, but the EGO 11 will have better efficiency and be easier to maintain, as far as ergonomics go I would say the DM9 has better ergonomics, though it may come down to personal preference. Another marker you may want to look at is the Dye NT as it has the best ergonomics IMO and is just as efficient as EGO 11, and will be as quiet and about as smooth as the DM9, however it is a tinkerer's marker and you'll have to tinker with all the board's settings and spacers to get it just right, otherwise it may just chop paintballs if you don't have the right setup. So out of the listed I would go with the DM9, but that's mostly because I like spools, but if you like to tinker with your marker the NT is something to consider. Also, if you like poppets, you may want to consider the alien independence or invasion, and the bob long vice, as they are great poppets, and they are more affordable than the EGO 11.

Edited by SPARTAN1147789, 09 February 2014 - 08:14 PM.

#3 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,115 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 12:31 PM

A used Ego 11 should be closer to $550-575 than $675.

#4 Gameboy

Gameboy

Soccer+paintball=my life

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 01:43 PM

I would suggest a dm12 or if you want to save money then the nt. The dm12 has the same nt ergos but i oikr the nt better because its lighter and im a smaller guy and if you are into poppets then you could cobsider the g6r
If you are under 18 and pay for your gear put this in your sig

#5 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,115 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:03 PM

Between these two Id definitely take the DM9 though. Possibly the best DM so far except maybe the 14.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users