49 replies to this topic

#1 Talucci

Talucci

Canadian Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:10 AM

GTA Paintball: Defcon, Paintball City, Eastie Boyz, and Sgt. Splatters have all cancelled byop days... Maybe this is old news, maybe its not but it is definitely BULLSHIT. And we lost another great field, CQB, this winter.

Wanted to take my cousin out for some recball and they want him to pay $25 entry and $50-65 for hotbox. 

Edit: Looks like the only places worth going are Barrie, Vaughan, and Flagswipe.

Edited by Talucci, 08 February 2014 - 11:31 AM.

#2 CdnNinja

CdnNinja

The cake is a lie.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,802 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 01:35 PM

Ya it's a pretty shitty deal for some people who don't have an alternative.

40k-1.png

#3 cocker addict

cocker addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:09 PM

Ya it's really crazy, not to mention they all want to jack prices up and be all the same across the board, which is a illegal.

#4 Scum

Scum

TechPB's Official Llama

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:12 PM

Oh please, here I pay $15 for admission and $130 for the shittiest paint ever.

Are you butthurt? Rumproasted? Asscinerated? Tushie tattered? Booty bombed? Colon Crucified? Posteriorpwned?

#5 The Rec-Baller 217

The Rec-Baller 217

GET SOME PAINT IN THE AIR!!!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:19 PM

If more fields were BYOP then more people would play, but in turn that could lead to fields not being able to keep running due to the sale of paint at their field going down. 

#6 Talucci

Talucci

Canadian Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:46 AM

We really need more fields for players that know $130 for hotbox should be illegal. Vaughan and Barrie have my business if they don't follow this trend when they open back up

#7 cocker addict

cocker addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 02:07 PM

I don't mind paying to play, everyone knows this is a luxury sport. It would be fine if they did away with BYOP as long as they kept their prices reasonable. To be honest Talucci, the price you pay is on par with the cheaper side. They might be doing away with BYOP for safety reasons, we've all been raked with 2 year old paint, not something newer players enjoy.

#8 smurfinator22

smurfinator22

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 08:02 PM

If more fields were BYOP then more people would play, but in turn that could lead to fields not being able to keep running due to the sale of paint at their field going down. 

thats why most field that do BYOP have a charge that coincides with bringing your own paint. like the outdoor fields that i play at all have a $30 fee if you plan on using your own paint, regardless of what amount you bring. 

#9 Talucci

Talucci

Canadian Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 12:36 AM

I don't mind paying to play, everyone knows this is a luxury sport. It would be fine if they did away with BYOP as long as they kept their prices reasonable. To be honest Talucci, the price you pay is on par with the cheaper side. They might be doing away with BYOP for safety reasons, we've all been raked with 2 year old paint, not something newer players enjoy.

Yeah thats true, but now i can't buy a couple cases of paint from badlands and use it at one of these fields. If these fields would offer a few choices of paint at decent prices then I would have no problem with it...but that is a long shot.

#10 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,857 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 03:40 PM

Paintball is unfortunately going the way of every other luxury sport/hobby.  Want to wakeboard or water ski all weekend?  Few hundred dollars for fuel there.  I'd bet most fields will continue to implement late season "blowout" days with BYOP for all those who have leftovers from the season.  Almost all fields around me do this because of the winter season.

#11 Pyeuwnie

Pyeuwnie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:17 PM

Good thing I go to brag creek paintball :/ best prices out there! Legit. Esp in canada

#12 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:15 PM

Yeah thats true, but now i can't buy a couple cases of paint from badlands and use it at one of these fields. If these fields would offer a few choices of paint at decent prices then I would have no problem with it...but that is a long shot.

I would not play at a field that would allow ink bronze and below. Have you ever been shot with that? Damn thing gave me some bad feels when I got shot cross field to the head.

Also those prices are cheap. Not a lot of places in the West can compete unless you had a membership
gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#13 smurfinator22

smurfinator22

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:06 PM

I would not play at a field that would allow ink bronze and below. Have you ever been shot with that? Damn thing gave me some bad feels when I got shot cross field to the head.

Also those prices are cheap. Not a lot of places in the West can compete unless you had a membership

inka bronze isnt that bad
its the canadian tire paint you want to watch out for

but yeah the prices in the west are really expensive. its 110 for a case at rampage indoor without a membership
outdoor fields are slightly better at 70-80 for a case but the paint isnt great quality, especially in the winter
its even worse in BC though. 130+ for a case of decent paint. ive seen up to 160 in some cases.

#14 Mogi

Mogi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 05:35 AM

Honestly if there were more places selling decent paint for 70-80 bucks id have no problem with no byop . But your paying 90-120 for hotbox, bioball and ink bronze thats the problem. When I go play paintball I wanna shoot decent paint not be over charged for shitty paint. Makes me miss the days when you could get together and just find some woods lol

pew pew pew

#15 Schmidke

Schmidke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 01:41 PM

for the fields i go to near vancouver its usually around $20 for entry and about $160 for a case of the worst paint ever. stop complaining about spending like $60 for a case of paint, thats cheap compared to what i pay. yes it gets expensive and i am unable to go every weekend but the fields have to make money somehow. pay their employees, overhead, insurance, electrical, let alone actually turn a profit. support your field that you love

#16 Ranger

Ranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:07 PM

for the fields i go to near vancouver its usually around $20 for entry and about $160 for a case of the worst paint ever. stop complaining about spending like $60 for a case of paint, thats cheap compared to what i pay. yes it gets expensive and i am unable to go every weekend but the fields have to make money somehow. pay their employees, overhead, insurance, electrical, let alone actually turn a profit. support your field that you love

I have to disagree with this. The complaints here are about spending upwards of $100/case on paint which is, in fact, robbery. Yes, you have to support your local field but there  must also be an interplay of support between the field and it's customers... I don't know what the situation is with your field but if it is so dire in which they need to charge over $100 on the regular price of a case then they need to look for other options to make money: better marketing, tournaments, paintball lessons, simulation for law enforcement and the army ect.

A.E.K.Δ.B.

#17 smurfinator22

smurfinator22

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 05:21 PM

I have to disagree with this. The complaints here are about spending upwards of $100/case on paint which is, in fact, robbery. Yes, you have to support your local field but there  must also be an interplay of support between the field and it's customers... I don't know what the situation is with your field but if it is so dire in which they need to charge over $100 on the regular price of a case then they need to look for other options to make money: better marketing, tournaments, paintball lessons, simulation for law enforcement and the army ect.

the problem with the paintball industry out here in the west is that its so small. if fields want to stay afloat they need to charge obscene amounts for paint otherwise they wont turn a profit. this happened just recently with my local indoor speedball field. the current owners are selling the field because they were losing profit, even though it was one of the most popular fields in the city, especially for new players. but they were charging $130 a case and no BYOP which turned away a lot of the more serious players, who contributed to a lot of the revenue for the field.

#18 Ranger

Ranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:26 PM

the problem with the paintball industry out here in the west is that its so small. if fields want to stay afloat they need to charge obscene amounts for paint otherwise they wont turn a profit. this happened just recently with my local indoor speedball field. the current owners are selling the field because they were losing profit, even though it was one of the most popular fields in the city, especially for new players. but they were charging $130 a case and no BYOP which turned away a lot of the more serious players, who contributed to a lot of the revenue for the field.

Fair enough. We all need to do our part to grow the sport up here. Having a couple more Canadian manufacturers would help too. Especially for paint.

A.E.K.Δ.B.

#19 smurfinator22

smurfinator22

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 12:07 AM

Fair enough. We all need to do our part to grow the sport up here. Having a couple more Canadian manufacturers would help too. Especially for paint.

if inka stepped up their quality that'd be great. maybe a couple more fields. and if inka made their paint better, then more fields would use it, which would save them money on shipping the paint to the field, also people wouldnt mind paying the high price for a case thats better than the draxxus basic crap that a lot of fields use.

#20 Shortstuff2.0

Shortstuff2.0

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 12:08 PM

If your talking about rampage there, the problem is his overhead. you cant really expect rent for a 3000+ square foot warehouse right in the middle of one of the shipping areas of the city to be cheap, especially in calgary. During the summer he just cant make enough money, even with the leftovers from all the income he has in the winter. I really don't play there much with it being a drive, but it is sad because is a great field to play on. Thats one of the many problems of being anindoor field in the middle of the city. It's the rent, and the fact that they need to make a lot of money over the winter to make up for the loss that they get due people leaving to play outside in the summer. or just straight up close for the summer, but then they have something that is making zero dollars and just eating up funds.

#21 smurfinator22

smurfinator22

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 05:02 PM

If your talking about rampage there, the problem is his overhead. you cant really expect rent for a 3000+ square foot warehouse right in the middle of one of the shipping areas of the city to be cheap, especially in calgary. During the summer he just cant make enough money, even with the leftovers from all the income he has in the winter. I really don't play there much with it being a drive, but it is sad because is a great field to play on. Thats one of the many problems of being anindoor field in the middle of the city. It's the rent, and the fact that they need to make a lot of money over the winter to make up for the loss that they get due people leaving to play outside in the summer. or just straight up close for the summer, but then they have something that is making zero dollars and just eating up funds.

bragg creek took over the summer paintball scene here in southern alberta
which is why nobody is going to rampage indoor or the okotoks field.
i believe the owner is keeping millarville which im happy to hear, because that field is awesome

#22 Silyputy

Silyputy

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 09:33 AM

Id agree bragg creek took over the summer. But for good reason. They have a BOYP fee of 30 bucks then you can bring what ever you want. The per case prices are not stupid high if i remember i think it was 70 to 80 buck per case, but i could be wrong. They have i think its 19 or 20 fields to use most of which are great fields. Staff as far as i have known is nice and friendly. Also a great place for experienced players and renters alike. The renters get a staff member to go with the group and watch and help ext. The people who know what they are doing go on there own. I like it that way it means we can pick where we go and don't waste someone's time. Thats what i think. But rampage city is a good field as well and i like going there. 

If they talk shit, make them eat it.

#23 smurfinator22

smurfinator22

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 02:09 PM

Id agree bragg creek took over the summer. But for good reason. They have a BOYP fee of 30 bucks then you can bring what ever you want. The per case prices are not stupid high if i remember i think it was 70 to 80 buck per case, but i could be wrong. They have i think its 19 or 20 fields to use most of which are great fields. Staff as far as i have known is nice and friendly. Also a great place for experienced players and renters alike. The renters get a staff member to go with the group and watch and help ext. The people who know what they are doing go on there own. I like it that way it means we can pick where we go and don't waste someone's time. Thats what i think. But rampage city is a good field as well and i like going there. 

last time i checked Bragg creek only had about 10 or so fields, but its still a considerable amount. the gun owner days that they host there are also great. theres a couple of regulars that i meet up with whenever i attend those. i also bring some of my renter friends along and we have a great time. 
i really hope rampage doesnt go under, and i hope the new owners are just as nice as the current owners. i always enjoyed bringing first timers there and ive never had anyone tell me that they had a negative experience.
what i think would be awesome would be if BCP bought rampage. that way they have two fields, one that runs year round and one that runs in the spring summer and fall. and i dont think revenue would be a problem for them.

#24 Silyputy

Silyputy

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 11:21 PM

last time i checked Bragg creek only had about 10 or so fields, but its still a considerable amount. the gun owner days that they host there are also great. theres a couple of regulars that i meet up with whenever i attend those. i also bring some of my renter friends along and we have a great time. 
i really hope rampage doesnt go under, and i hope the new owners are just as nice as the current owners. i always enjoyed bringing first timers there and ive never had anyone tell me that they had a negative experience.
what i think would be awesome would be if BCP bought rampage. that way they have two fields, one that runs year round and one that runs in the spring summer and fall. and i dont think revenue would be a problem for them.

I could have sworn i had seen on their site that they had 19 to 20 fields. But for this season they redid the whole site and i can no longer find it. However now that i think about it and try and remember the layout i think it would be closer to 10. Maybe i read 9 or 10 and some how it changed to 19 to 20 lol. I have no idea :P

EDIT: fixing

Edited by Silyputy, 05 May 2014 - 11:22 PM.

If they talk shit, make them eat it.

#25 smurfinator22

smurfinator22

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 10:50 AM

I could have sworn i had seen on their site that they had 19 to 20 fields. But for this season they redid the whole site and i can no longer find it. However now that i think about it and try and remember the layout i think it would be closer to 10. Maybe i read 9 or 10 and some how it changed to 19 to 20 lol. I have no idea :P

EDIT: fixing

well lets see
theres the town, mushroom patch, fort, the rock, WW2, Nam, heaven, the arena, and i think one or two more
so 10 or 11 fields.
if you were thinking close to 20 then you might've been thinking of capture the flag in cochrane 

and bragg creek actually lowered their paint prices
65-75 for a case of paint

Edited by smurfinator22, 06 May 2014 - 10:52 AM.

#26 robdavy

robdavy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 12:41 PM

Here's the parallel: alcohol.

You can go to a liquor store and buy a 12 pack for $20, take it to your house and drink it.

Or you can go to a bar, buy a beer for $6 and drink it there.

Why is the bar so much more expensive? Because of all the stuff that isn't the beer. The building, the decor, furniture, staff, washrooms, entertainment, etc. Those all cost money. And the bar has to make a profit. That's why the bar won't let you bring your $20 12 pack in and drink it in there, even if you offer to pay an entry fee (cover).

Paintball is the same, plus there's safety concerns.

It costs a lot to run a field (especially indoor). We (field owners) make our money selling paintballs. The same way a bar makes money selling liquor. Sure, you can buy both cheaper somewhere else. But you can either drink your beer on your couch at home/shoot your paintballs in your backyard, or you can drink my beer/shoot my paintballs in a nice facility. Sometimes you want to do one, sometimes the other, that's cool. But you can't do both at the same time.

And safety. There's some terrible paintballs out there. Even good paintballs improperly stored turn into bad paintballs. Do you want to be shot by someone who has kept their paintballs un-sealed in their cold garage all winter? I don't, and I don't want you shooting my customers with those.

And a minor thing; cleaning. Not an issue outdoors, but huge issue indoors. Some paint is a ton easier to clean than others. We obviously sell paint that's easier to clean as we have to clean it.

#27 robdavy

robdavy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 12:46 PM

Couple of questions for you guys:

1) knowing that Badlands charges $55 for a case of INKA Silver, how much would you want to pay for that at a field? We all know you hate $40 Hotbox so ignore that stuff

2) how much would you be willing to pay for BYOP entry?

3) how much are you actually saving if you come, pay BYOP entry and have to buy your own paint somewhere else?

#28 smurfinator22

smurfinator22

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 05:10 PM

Couple of questions for you guys:

1) knowing that Badlands charges $55 for a case of INKA Silver, how much would you want to pay for that at a field? We all know you hate $40 Hotbox so ignore that stuff

3) how much are you actually saving if you come, pay BYOP entry and have to buy your own paint somewhere else?

1) personally i would never shoot inka paint. ive had too many bad experiences with it in the past. i would rather pay $80, maybe even $90 for a case of marballizer or premium or evil that go for $60-$70 on paintballgear.ca. or $60-$70 for a case of heat or formula 13 that paintballgear.ca also stocks.
if the quality of the paint is higher then I'm willing to pay more for the paint knowing that its gonna treat me a lot better than the $40 hotbox that they make you pay upwards of $100 for, depending on the field.

2) i think a BYOP fee of $30 is perfect. its what bragg creek charges and its not too high and not too low.

3) in reality, paying BYOP isnt saving you money. its not meant to save you money. you're gonna pay an extra $10-$20 by buying a case off the field and then paying BYOP at the field. its worth it if maybe you have some leftover paint, but if you buy a case specifically for paying the BYOP fee, you arent saving any money, unless you're shooting shitty walmart or canadian tire paint that everyone hates. 

#29 Shortstuff2.0

Shortstuff2.0

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 02:27 PM

I agree with smurf on that stuff, especially the third point. The difference that you're going to save is negligible, not really even worth the hassle to go buy your own paint just to save a couple bucks. however, after a while unfinished stuff piles up a bit, especially if you go frequently. at most I would let my paint sit about a month, maybe 2, then it gets put in a separate pile for testing and target practice. Nothing I would ever shoot at a person anymore. That being said I have some stuff that's a year old lol. I need to remember to fill my tank before coming home more often.

at least, that is my feeling on it. I'm personal friends with a guy who owns a small field, so I can get paint really cheap for those byop days, but i dont shoot enough really to make it worthwhile, I just like supporting him a bit cause he lets me play for cheap lol.

#30 AKAnotHIM

AKAnotHIM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 10:08 PM

inka bronze isnt that bad
its the canadian tire paint you want to watch out for

but yeah the prices in the west are really expensive. its 110 for a case at rampage indoor without a membership
outdoor fields are slightly better at 70-80 for a case but the paint isnt great quality, especially in the winter
its even worse in BC though. 130+ for a case of decent paint. ive seen up to 160 in some cases.

We play at tapb.com
about 30 min west of Edmonton 70 for a case of paint (INKA silver or Zombie) and if your on a team or recball team you get a sweet deal.

#31 deathrider

deathrider

deathrider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 04:55 PM

Prz has byop days and looks like they do byop at there big games to other then that by what i can see prices are not to bad check them out

#32 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,724 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 04:36 AM

Can you guys stop complaring paintball to everything that has to do with luxury and that has the word premium in it?

1. Inka is rebranded paint
Bronze=rebranded spectrum
Silver/jungle and that red legion field paint are exactly the same in eveyway as a matter of fact I'd rather go with the red legion paint because it's more than likely fresher because fields but and use it faster than they use inka (and they usually make a ton of cases of inka that sour around until badlands has a sale which is why they have gold for $20 a case some days)
Gold is the only inka that is unique and it's fucking garbage as anyone who has used or has been shot by it knows.

2. Byop fields i know include
Paintball Nation Burlington and Mississauga
VP which is the only good airball field in the GTA
Next paintball only good indoor air ball field in the GTA

3. Paint prices are fucking ridiculous, there is no excuse for this bull shit and for godsake no one cares about the amount you spend on paint. If I pay $30 a case and will have to start paying $80 a case, do you really think the fact that you spend $160 a case amplifies the fucks given? No.

4. DAT xball camo paint at Canadian tire is fucking awesome lol

Edited by Jawz, 01 June 2014 - 04:45 AM.

109.gif

#33 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,724 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 04:40 AM

Oh and whoever said that they're disappointed that they can't buy cases from badlands anymore don't be, badlands is garbage on a stick. Fuck the chain, the brand, and a large amount is people that work there. Specifically for trying to fuck over other businesses with immoral business practices
109.gif

#34 slinkyaroo

slinkyaroo

Yes, I'm old. Yes, I'm cranky.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,858 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 09:13 AM

IMO most byop fields don't last or are run down because there's little revenue or the owner can't invest in stock paint because it goes bad and he gets no good deals. Buying half a skid of paint is expensive per box compared to a whole skid. However a whole skid is about $2500. It may only be $3 a box between crap and good field paint but the owner sees it as a $660 difference between skids.

Now add that many owners don't play paintball or have only played with crappy paint and simply think it's good enough for everybody. They sell crappy paint at max prices so it's only a few that will pay beyond max market value.

I've seen too many fields where mom and dad set up and let the teenage kids run it. The parents have no clue and only in it for cash money. I've actually seen one field buy USED paint from an indoor field, try to clean it and then resell it as their field paint.

You can be expensive but the product, service and reinvestment has to be there. Newbies and renters only keep returning until they go to a better field (at about the same cost) and see the difference.

The best fields IMO have always been the ones that only use quality field paint and have the buying power to offer it at a reasonable price.

#35 Mogi

Mogi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 03:54 AM

i honestly dont like byop cause it saves me money i like it cause i can shoot better paint for my money. if fields didnt charge 60  bucks for a case of hot box and had a medium range paint like graffitii for a reasonable price then i wouldnt have a problem. and to many fields have inka there quality control leaves a bad taste in your mouth. especially the silver never broke so much paint in my life smh.

pew pew pew

#36 Calculon

Calculon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 06:56 PM

1- Anything from $60 to $90 (if the field is really awesome) seems fair to me. 
2- I would say $30 (which is about what small, low-volume fields pay for good paint.) Although I don't think BYOP is a good business model for most paintball fields. However one of the advantages is that if I know a given field has crap paint, I can at least get something else. 
3- Not a lot. I can get decent paint for $45 a case. If I have to pay a BYOP fee of $30 I'd obviously not be saving that much. 

Edited by Calculon, 02 July 2014 - 07:06 PM.

#37 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,724 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:20 PM

Lol at people who pay more than $20 bucks for decent paint
109.gif

#38 Hayden Denhay

Hayden Denhay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 10:02 PM

At flag swipe they still have byop every Sunday outdoor and Friday indoor, which is great. If i went on a regular day it would cost 100 for a case. even worse that that the walk ons who rent pay 160 for a case of hotbox. Thats were they make money.

Hayden

Home field: Flagswipe Paintball

#39 ClayCallison

ClayCallison

Vatican Assassin Worlock

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 10:10 PM

This thread makes me sick.  

I have never heard of $130 hotbox.  Hotbox is the worst paint I've ever shot.  I pay $30 a case for triumph and my field is byop.  

That being said, I can see where fields need to make their money but overcharging for paint is criminal.

If you're under 18 and pay for your own stuff, put this in your signature.

#40 smurfinator22

smurfinator22

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 04:04 PM

This thread makes me sick.  

I have never heard of $130 hotbox.  Hotbox is the worst paint I've ever shot.  I pay $30 a case for triumph and my field is byop.  

That being said, I can see where fields need to make their money but overcharging for paint is criminal.

well thats what happens when you live and play in canada. everything is at least double the price of the states. but thats just fields trying to make it by, because the paintball industry in canada isnt that big.

#41 fat-50-

fat-50-

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 12:55 AM

Can you guys stop complaring paintball to everything that has to do with luxury and that has the word premium in it?
Silver/jungle and that red legion field paint are exactly the same in eveyway as a matter of fact I'd rather go with the red legion paint because it's more than likely fresher because fields but and use it faster than they use inka (and they usually make a ton of cases of inka that sour around until badlands has a sale which is why they have gold for $20 a case some days)
Gold is the only inka that is unique and it's fucking garbage as anyone who has used or has been shot by it knows.
3. Paint prices are fucking ridiculous, there is no excuse for this bull shit and for godsake no one cares about the amount you spend on paint. If I pay $30 a case and will have to start paying $80 a case, do you really think the fact that you spend $160 a case amplifies the fucks given? No.

1. Inka is rebranded GI paint not Kee, it's not spectrum or hotbox ... Think GI one star

2 VP is no longer byop, next is pushing a change as well

3 yeah ok

4 yeah

#42 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,724 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 02:02 AM

1. Inka is rebranded GI paint not Kee, it's not spectrum or hotbox ... Think GI one star

3 yeah ok

4 yeah

Inka is kee paint bud. A friend of mine used to buy and sell wholesale paint almost exclusively. He's the one that told me that,infact he showed me the order form.

VP was byop when I went there but that was a year ago, I just checked the site and you're right, kinda sad to be honest

109.gif

#43 ClayCallison

ClayCallison

Vatican Assassin Worlock

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 02:18 AM

The field I work at sells valken paint and you get a discount for paying for it online before you go to the field.  You can reserve your case at a discount.  For instance, at the field, a case of infinity is $45 but if you reserve you case online it's $37.  BYOP is $10 and you can also prepay for that to skip registration.  Admission and air are $30 at the field and $20 prepaid as well.

If you're under 18 and pay for your own stuff, put this in your signature.

#44 fat-50-

fat-50-

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 12:14 AM

3 yeah ok
4 yeah
[/quote]
Inka is kee paint bud. A friend of mine used to buy and sell wholesale paint almost exclusively. He's the one that told me that,infact he showed me the order

Nope been Gi paint for probably 2 plus years. Right around the time you started to see them sell bio ball

#45 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,724 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 09:29 PM

3 yeah ok
4 yeah
[/quote]
Inka is kee paint bud. A friend of mine used to buy and sell wholesale paint almost exclusively. He's the one that told me that,infact he showed me the order

Nope been Gi paint for probably 2 plus years. Right around the time you started to see them sell bio ball

Really? Seeing that Inka copper is made by XO (which has a factory here in brampton) and XO is owned by Kee and not G.I I'd have to come to the conclusion that either whoever told you that G.I owned or produced inka lied, or within the last 12 months G.I decided to buy Inka, and start pushing it's own paint out under a different label, because Kee is totally not known for doing that. 

109.gif

#46 fat-50-

fat-50-

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 12:22 AM

Inka is a badlands brand, they have sourced paint from other vendors and box it as INKA. INKA is only distributed by bandlands. You don't see vendors (GI or Kee) selling this brand direct to other distributors or stores.

Evidence it is GI

- Made in Canada  aka Quebec GI plant (I know you can tell me its in Brampton but is not)

- BIO ball marketing aka ECO fill matches up

- Full shell or half shell printing matches GIs offerings like their field line

#47 Calculon

Calculon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 06:41 PM

Actually, I've been told from a friend who owns a field that GI makes the lower end Inka and KEE makes the higher end stuff.

I'll digress here: 

At $40-45 a case for 'decent' paint, we're not talking about dog shit like Bronze. Think Marbalizers and up. Even locally sponsored guys would be hard-pressed to find good paint below $25 a case.

While I wholeheartedly agree that paint prices are insultingly high (at least in Quebec), there's no way that a field here can survive on $30 a case. Some of the smaller fields pay $18-$25 per case, so how can they make money if they make just a few bucks per player? Also locally we have a *lot* of wanna be GI Joes shooting Tippmanns with tac caps that pride themselves on shooting no more than a bag of paint per day. So they'll typically buy a case and split in amongst 4 players at least.

I think for a field to be commercially viable, they must hit a sweat spot with their paint pricing. Too low and they won't be viable, too high and people just won't play.

Paint quality is also another factor. KEE always had good paint (the RPS line) but lately since the company hasn't been doing too great, they started to compromise on paint quality. Whereas GI doesn't give a singular fuck about the local market. Their good stuff goes to the U.S. because they know that Americans will lynch you if the paint is sub-par, whereas here (at least in this province) most players can't differentiate between good paint and warm, yellowy, nutty baby shit. So *sometimes* once in a rare while we get a case of GI or DXS where you can hit a tree at 75 ft. half of the time. If we're lucky.     

Edited by Calculon, 27 August 2014 - 07:16 PM.

#48 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,724 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 08:45 PM

Actually, I've been told from a friend who owns a field that GI makes the lower end Inka and KEE makes the higher end stuff.

I'll digress here: 

At $40-45 a case for 'decent' paint, we're not about talking dog shit like Bronze. Think Marbalizers and up. Even locally sponsored guys would be hard-pressed to find good paint below $25 a case.

While I wholeheartedly agree that paint prices are insultingly high (at least in Quebec), there's no way that a field here can survive on $30 a case. Some of the smaller fields pay $18-$25 per case, so how can they make money if they make just a few bucks per player? Also locally we have a *lot* of wanna be GI Joes shooting Tippmanns with tac caps that pride themselves on shooting no more than a bag of paint per day. So they'll typically buy a case and split in amongst 4 players at least.

I think for a field to be commercially viable, they must hit a sweat spot with their paint pricing. Too low and they won't be viable, too high and people just won't play.

Paint quality is also another factor. KEE always had good paint (the RPS line) but lately since the company hasn't been doing too great, they started to compromise on paint quality. Whereas GI doesn't give a singular fuck about the local market. Their good stuff goes to the U.S. because they know that Americans will lynch you if the paint is sub-par, whereas here (at least in this province) most players can't differentiate between good paint and warm, yellowy, nutty baby shit. So *sometimes* once in a rare while we get a case of GI or DXS where you can hit a tree at 75 ft. half of the time. If we're lucky.     

Hmm... That makes sense to me. (The paint stuff)
109.gif

#49 Mogi

Mogi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 08:01 PM

as i stated earlier everybody that plays byop isnt just cheap. the problem with paintball fields in ontario atleast is that ok paints gonna run me 70-120 bucks a case, but what am i getting for that money. INKA BRONZE or BIO BALL i honestly dont want to shoot that paint if it was 30 bucks much less having to pay anything over that. big games are one thing you just have to suck it up and shoot whats at the event  but on a rec day id like to shoot decent paint without wondering how the phone bill is gonna be payed lol

pew pew pew

#50 MikhailThor

MikhailThor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 06:21 PM

GTA Paintball: Defcon, Paintball City, Eastie Boyz, and Sgt. Splatters have all cancelled byop days... Maybe this is old news, maybe its not but it is definitely BULLSHIT. And we lost another great field, CQB, this winter.

Wanted to take my cousin out for some recball and they want him to pay $25 entry and $50-65 for hotbox. 

Edit: Looks like the only places worth going are Barrie, Vaughan, and Flagswipe.

What are the prices at barrie? Last time I checked they were insanely high

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users