• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 datballer

datballer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:17 PM

I play xball and woodsball and i want a gun that is good for both. I am kind of leaning towards the etha because of the barrel, feed neck, rate of fire, weight, board, etc. Which is the best for me?

#2 Ninjaafro

Ninjaafro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:44 PM

Stop making so many threads please. But have you looked into used? And do you have a good mask, loader, and tank picked out? Out of those I would get a used Etha. It just has the basic stuff that you might fancy like on off Asa, clamping feed neck, and amazing customer service

#3 datballer

datballer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:36 PM

I have a great tank and hopper, but i just need a good gun. My first thought was the etha but i really don't know. I want something in the 250-350 price range, and i can find all of those in that range. 

#4 Apolloolympianspaintball

Apolloolympianspaintball

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 09:10 AM

Go with the Etha I am about to get one as well.

I play both speedball and woodsball and this marker is great for both.

The basic maintnence on this marker is super simple and the marker is also very light and feels great in your hands.

I have talked to many people who own the etha and they say its very good only thing is to break the marker in its gonna take "What I was told" 9 cases to 10.

#5 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 09:23 AM

Break in period is really a myth. Have you ever shot the Etha by the way. Horrid shot quality.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#6 scpb5696

scpb5696

Non-member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 09:31 AM

the etha would be a good choice if you buy one used and get the EMC kit 

if you aren't going to get the EMC kit go with the Rail

It feels very good in the hands is very quiet, the etha vibrates and has a really weird noise when it shoots 

also the barrel on the etha is massively over bored 

the rail comes with a decent barrel i think it is bored at .689,which is still an over bored barrel most of the time but is way better than a .693

as for the rate of fire the rail doesn't shoot above 15bps which is perfectly fine since most fields limit the BPS on guns anyway, just put it in pep 12.5 and go to work 

also you can pick up a used rail for $125-$160 

Edited by scpb5696, 14 February 2014 - 09:32 AM.

"It costs me more than $3,000 to play paintball every year, therefore I'd get a used highend for around $300- $600 and use the rest towards paint, gas, food, hotel costs, alcohol, and cheap hookers." SOUP on March 31, 2014

#7 meh

meh

Screw you guys, I'm goin' home

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 12:56 PM

Etha is best from your range of markers. But then again look into a used axe. Don't get the extcy its a little heavier and if you play woodsball games(like 45min to 1hr games) then your gonna start feeling it weight you down. Plus I had an extcy and it came leaking out of the box. PLUS when I took a trip down to ansgear's warehouse, the rep was showing a friend the extcy and the display model was leaking. So he went and got another one from the back and that was leaking too. Ultimately, as someone who as owned the extcy I would not recommend it. Go for etha or used axe!

Meh

If you're under 18 and pay for your own stuff, put this in your signature.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users