3 replies to this topic

#1 Scum

Scum

TechPB's Official Llama

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 01:06 AM

EDIT: I suppose I should clarify and say that I mean the entire Ion board and hose assembly, not just the solenoid.

So I guess I'll be adding another thread to my list of topics on Voided Warranty. 

So I originally asked what kind of speedball gun would be the best to modify. I got things like "eNMEy, Ion, automag, etc". I ended up going with the enmey. It was good for awhile until I realized that I would need flexible hoses so that the firing assembly could be moved. I really don't want to buy another marker, so I'm wondering whether it would be possible to take an Ion solenoid and hose assembly and use it on an enmey. I've looked at diagrams and as far as I can tell the hoses and banjo fittings are identical except that the regulator is attached differently (not that big a deal), but I need to be sure.

The only problem I would really expect is that the banjo fittings would be different threads. Using a solenoid on a mechanical marker isn't going to throw anything off, is it?

So are there any ion and enmey owners out there who can test this out for me? Anything I need to look out for? If this works out it will be great, because stock ion boards go for $40 bucks or less on ebay, much less than the full blown gun.

Edited by Scum, 09 February 2014 - 10:50 AM.

Are you butthurt? Rumproasted? Asscinerated? Tushie tattered? Booty bombed? Colon Crucified? Posteriorpwned?

#2 Punisher068

Punisher068

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 01:27 PM

Though I don't own an Enemy and can almost guarantee it would work.The threads on Ion banjos are 10/32,the SP1/G1 threads are the same also.I've found most GoG&Smart Parts stuff to be interchangeable.

Easy way to check the firing can threads to be 10/32,see if your gripframe screw will fit in the banjo hole,if it fits it's 10/32.You could also use the SP1\Envy\Extacy noid bit like the Enemy the rear banjo is a hard line,the board is also soldered on but is easy enough to unsolved and resolder wires to relocate the board.

Oddly the 2011 PMR noid is the same but the rear banjo is standard hose barb and the board has a preselected plug.It will work using a SP1\G1 board.I used this combo for my magfed bullpup Ion for ease or reroutnng airlines and board location

One thing I know won't work,the gripframe may bolt on but the mount for the regulator,trigger and board are completely different,same with the Vibe\Exctacy\SP1\G1

It may be easier for you to pick up a cheap used Ion,I've seen them go for as little as $50 on PBN lately

Curious what your looking to do exactly,I've done many Ion mods most involved moving airlines around,if you have any specific question you can PM me,I've got a pile of Ion stuff(except board) I can get measurements off of or send you cheap,always appreciate a good mod

#3 Scum

Scum

TechPB's Official Llama

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 02:01 PM

Thanks! I just checked and yes, the screws that hold the frame to the firing can do fit in the banjo holes.

I was really looking to use this instead of a full Ion mainly because I don't want another gun lying around and I like the bolt-out-back feature of the enmey. I know the Ion XE has this but I think those generally go for higher prices on ebay or BST websites. 

If the price to buy the board and buy whatever I need to make a regulator hook up to the board is more than a cheap Ion I'll just buy the Ion.

I've been planning on making something similar to this but with a completely custom made body and probably a few of my own changes and additions. 

Are you butthurt? Rumproasted? Asscinerated? Tushie tattered? Booty bombed? Colon Crucified? Posteriorpwned?

#4 Punisher068

Punisher068

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:57 PM

That's a cool FN,I've seen it around alot of forums,sent you a link to my bullpup build,it's very similar but is scratch built everything body wise.If you want to buy the DAM Magwell they're around $35,you'll have to call their tech line to get one.Since the bullpup build I've fabbed my own magwells,not too difficult and easier to fit to your specific project

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ion, solenoid, mod, voided, warranty, gog, enmey, hose, flexible

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users