• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 Nate1340

Nate1340

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:20 PM

Hey as I'm getting back into the sport and I'm constantly trying to get better I was just wondering if there was anything to learning to shoot with your weak hand as I'm pretty brutal at it currently or does it just come with time and practice? Any feedback and advice you might have is helpful and greatly appreciated.

#2 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,080 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:02 PM

Practice, practice, practice. Try to play with your off hand as much as possible and spend some time at home holding it in your off hand and snapshooting in the mirror.

#3 Justin B.

Justin B.

One Nation D5 EPL Paintball 2014!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:12 PM

Practice, practice, practice. Try to play with your off hand as much as possible and spend some time at home holding it in your off hand and snapshooting in the mirror.

This. It took me about 2 months to learn to do it right and now I actually like shooting with my offhand a lot more.

One Nation

My Feedback: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=210995

"CP anything should immediately reduce the value to zero, its painful to see nice guns with CP regs."

- Cookybiscuit

#4 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,899 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:08 PM

Handle the marker with your off hand. Simply do it and eventually it will happen.

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#5 The Recballer

The Recballer

South Florida Shockers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:10 PM

When I'm sitting at the computer or watching tv, I usually hold my marker in my offhand. You get used to it fairly quickly.

Chelsea Football Club - St.Louis Rams - Tampa Bay Rays - Florida Panthers - Miami Heat

Tampa Bay Damage - Los Angeles Ironmen

South Florida Shockers #16

#6 r45vt

r45vt

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:54 PM

Uh.  I keep my marker more centered and shift the airtank from right shoulder to left shoulder while not changing my hands.  I lean out either way with it mounted in my shoulder and aimed already.  

My youtube channel:

https://www.youtube....QgnGna7lWBK-c3w

Watch some paint splat on people!

#7 FreeEnterprise

FreeEnterprise

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:24 PM

I've never switched hands when playing. I shoot both sides of trees but with my right hand on the trigger. Course, I use a remote line, so it would feel weird to pull that across and switch hands. It is just simple to lean to the side you want. 

Course, I do play two handed at times with my Tipx in my left hand. I've gotten quite a few kills left handed with it, and that is FUN! 

#8 cockerpunk

cockerpunk

All the Dudes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,121 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:31 PM

just play all day off handed.

you'll suck, but its good for you.

The ultimate truth in paintball is that the interaction between the gun and the player is far and away the largest factor in accuracy, consistency, and reliability.

And yes, Gordon is the sexiest manifestation of "to the front."

#9 Justin B.

Justin B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 03:06 PM

I just have to say, I do not recommend doing what some people have said above. Don't just switch shoulders and keep your hands in the same position or lean to whatever side you want to shoot out of. In the long run, taking the time to learn to shoot with both hands will REALLY help you. You can maintain a much lower profile shooting with your right hand out of the right side of the bunker or with your left hand out the left side of your bunker.

One Nation

"CP anything should immediately reduce the value to zero, its painful to see nice guns with CP regs."

- Cookybiscuit

#10 The Rec-Baller 217

The Rec-Baller 217

GET SOME PAINT IN THE AIR!!!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 03:52 PM

One thing that helped was go thought and just start doing somethings left handed, put your cell phone in your left pocket and text with only your left hand, its stuff like that helped me, you can even try tapping your right hand trigger fingers so your forced to shoot left handed. 

#11 Scum

Scum

TechPB's Official Llama

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:15 PM

Uh.  I keep my marker more centered and shift the airtank from right shoulder to left shoulder while not changing my hands.  I lean out either way with it mounted in my shoulder and aimed already.  

I do that too. I don't see any need to shoot offhanded. Of course I'm far from a pro paintballer so there is probably something I'm missing.

Are you butthurt? Rumproasted? Asscinerated? Tushie tattered? Booty bombed? Colon Crucified? Posteriorpwned?

#12 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:39 PM

Your profile is bigger and snapshooting is less convenient. When you use your off hand like you do your right, you have the same advantage as you would normally have playing with youe right hand coming out the right side as you do with your left hand coming out the left hand.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#13 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,080 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:14 PM

Accuracy, accuracy, accuracy. Good gun skills are possibly the most important thing for amy paintballer.

#14 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:53 PM

Gun skills and gunfighting skills are pretty useful regardless of what type of player. Sure, you can communicate and strategize, but when you have to preform, are you sure you're able to? What if plans go awry and you're forced to fight your way out of your failed ambush? Can you out gunfight them? In my *limited* experience in the woods, I've notice majority of players will tend to shoot from their right side, and don't do too well when it comes to shooting or gunfighting from their left. The ones that do, shoot with their same hand but switch shoulders, or just lean further to the left and present a bigger target, only to get a few shots out and snap back into place. Those people I see as having about 75% of the advantage they could have. At least their utilizing their left side, but the style has some flaws. The ones who can fight just as well with both hands have the biggest advantage because they can effectively use every side of their cover equally. If you can out snapshot someone on your right side, their left, and do just as well on your left, their right, then you can out gunfight anyone.

Edited by Orange Chicken, 10 February 2014 - 11:58 PM.

#15 r45vt

r45vt

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 02:42 PM

I just have to say, I do not recommend doing what some people have said above. Don't just switch shoulders and keep your hands in the same position or lean to whatever side you want to shoot out of. In the long run, taking the time to learn to shoot with both hands will REALLY help you. You can maintain a much lower profile shooting with your right hand out of the right side of the bunker or with your left hand out the left side of your bunker.

Same profile each way if you keep your arms tucked in.  Marker is centered with your mask(It does not have to be if you are maintaining a small profile). 

Shooting this way actually helped me tremendously in combination with already having the marker seated and aimed, just a tilt out and a pull of the trigger.  I don't get shot out hardly at all anymore.  That being said I am not playing speed ball.  I play rec ball and hyperball.

I am not an expert at all and learning to shoot both ways couldn't hurt.  i can shoot off handed as well but the way I posted allowed me to switch sides faster and stay more accurate as the gun was always nearly centered.

Edit: I just stood in front of a mirror and switched hands back and forth.  Not a good damn difference in profile.  

I can actually shoot left handed out of a right side bunker and still maintain the same accuracy and profile.  In my opinion switching hands is pointless.   Should you learn how too?  Sure, why not.  Necessary?  Nope.

Edited by r45vt, 14 February 2014 - 02:54 PM.

My youtube channel:

#16 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,080 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 03:29 PM

The profile might be the same from STRAIGHT AHEAD but good luck doing that while wrapping or pinched. You also wont be as stable or accurate.

#17 r45vt

r45vt

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 03:45 PM

What is wrapping or pinched?  

My youtube channel:

#18 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,080 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 03:52 PM

Wrapping is when is literally wrap around your bunker to shoot at a different angle and pinched means when youre getting shot at from both sides, severely limiting the room you have to use your bunker.

#19 r45vt

r45vt

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 03:56 PM

Wrapping is when is literally wrap around your bunker to shoot at a different angle and pinched means when youre getting shot at from both sides, severely limiting the room you have to use your bunker.

Thanks.  Never heard those terms but that is what I imagined you were referring too.    

I think muscle memory is more important than what hand you use.  What ever you do practice it and practice it.  

For me it makes no difference.  I find my way to be more quicker than switching hands and sides, I just move the marker from one side to the other.  Less movement.  No difference in profile, marker is still in the same position regardless of hand placement and the hands don't dictate your profile.  

My youtube channel:

#20 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,080 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 04:54 PM

Except it makes your loader stick out more. Theres a saying that goes "perfect practice makes perfect". I disagree with gettng in the habit of a less optimal action. If you gain muscle memory like you said completely switching hands and shoulders will be just as fast with the added advantages.

#21 r45vt

r45vt

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 05:36 PM

Except it makes your loader stick out more. Theres a saying that goes "perfect practice makes perfect". I disagree with gettng in the habit of a less optimal action. If you gain muscle memory like you said completely switching hands and shoulders will be just as fast with the added advantages.

Why do you think it makes your loader stick out more?  It doesn't for me.  Same profile either way.  I'm not sure how you are holding your marker.  

Edit:  I am not trying to argue for arguments sake.  If I can learn something to improve I am all ears.  For me changing hands has no impact on my profile or how I position the marker.  

Edited by r45vt, 14 February 2014 - 05:40 PM.

My youtube channel:

#22 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,080 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 07:18 PM

Why do you think it makes your loader stick out more?  It doesn't for me.  Same profile either way.  I'm not sure how you are holding your marker.  

Edit:  I am not trying to argue for arguments sake.  If I can learn something to improve I am all ears.  For me changing hands has no impact on my profile or how I position the marker.  

If you have the marker in the opposite hand of the side youre shootig out of how do you post out without leaning the marker to that side?

#23 Justin B.

Justin B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 08:47 PM

If you have the marker in the opposite hand of the side youre shootig out of how do you post out without leaning the marker to that side?

What BurningPlaydoh is trying to say is that when your shooting out of the right side of your bunker and you have your left hand on the reg and your right hand on the trigger/grips and you then try to shoot out of the left side of you bunker, then the loader will lean way out the side of the bunker to the left. I agree with what BurningPlaydoh is saying 100%

One Nation

- Cookybiscuit

#24 SOUP

SOUP

Uber Member

• Members
  • 7,702 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 09:36 PM

You can stay dominant handed depending on the bunker location and the situation you're in. I'm in the habit of switching hands. I do it naturally. So I hardly ever cross shoot like that because It just feels awkward to me.  

However, that doesn't mean it's wrong. Even the pros do it occasionally, for situational reasons. Especially when they're shooting inside holding a lane and know at any moment someone could come running them down on the outside (say the guy covering your tape got shot out). Well... the marker is already in the outside hand. So you can snap out really quickly and maybe shoot him out before he even gets to you around the outside.

So keeping the marker in that outside hand made it much easier to shoot him out. Yet you're still able to keep a lane going on the inside.

It's almost like a trick. If you're shooting inside off handed, they assume you're locked down on the inside... but you're actually just waiting for them to make that move outside so you can snap out real quickly and tag them while they're not expecting it. 

It's situational things like that that make it acceptable, but these are the small things that that most players don't even think about...

"Silence is a plus, violence is a must"-Tupac

---Indiana Baller---

#25 FreeEnterprise

FreeEnterprise

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 11:02 PM

With my marker (a Tipmann A-5) which has the hopper on the right side of the gun, for me shooting on my left with my right hand feels natural, and my profile is actually SMALLER when I shoot right handed on my left, as the hopper is behind the tree I am using for cover. So all I need to do is stick out the barrel and see my opponent. I can easily hit them if they put any part of their body out. 

Here is proof at 2:12, you can clearly see I am putting out WAY less of a target on my left side... Even though I am shooting with my right hand. Oh, and I hit him with that shot too! Actually, you can see our paintballs hit in midair at the beginning of that snap battle. 

#26 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 12:06 AM

I really like and respect what you're doing FreeEnterprise. Love your videos.

However, I'd like to point out that I have never seen you in an intense snap shooting fight, or ones that you get caught in in xball style fields such as the one I go to. From what I've seen, it's mostly just you exchanging paint with another guy, and that other guy getting hit because of the (extreme) distance you have on him and he popped out from the wrong way.

Again, no offense intended at all, it's just that in your style of play shooting off handed doesn't present its advantages to you as well as one would in an xball/speedball/arena style field.

#27 r45vt

r45vt

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 12:12 AM

What BurningPlaydoh is trying to say is that when your shooting out of the right side of your bunker and you have your left hand on the reg and your right hand on the trigger/grips and you then try to shoot out of the left side of you bunker, then the loader will lean way out the side of the bunker to the left. I agree with what BurningPlaydoh is saying 100%

I'm really not following why you think it would lean.  I can shoot either way and have it not lean.  

My youtube channel:

#28 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,080 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 01:17 AM

I cant really imagine a way that would work TBH. I guess Id have to see it to understand?

#29 tcheekdye

tcheekdye

Bitch im just bustin at em

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 01:18 AM

Oh my butt roll stop. If someone feels more comfortable their way then let them do it. I use my legs when I snapshoot because it feels better and I can do it faster. Honestly he's not doing anything wrong, he's just playing paintball.

Edited by tcheekdye, 15 February 2014 - 01:19 AM.

giphy.gifTECH PB HEAVY METAL FAN CLUB  http://www.techpb.co...metal-fan-club/

#30 TheAlmostPanda

TheAlmostPanda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 01:52 AM

Being ambidextrous when shooting is a huge advantage in competitive play. It's hard to learn, but like CP said, just play switch for a day. You'll thank me for it when playing the doritos or even the snake. Goodluck

Cattle die, kinsmen die all men are mortal.
Words of praise, will never perish
nor a noble name.
- The Havamal

jacket for sale

#31 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 02:24 AM

Or maybe everyone is entitled to his/her personal preference and nothing should be shoved down their throats. 

#32 Old Dude PB

Old Dude PB

Safety third.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:07 AM

I agree that you can often get away with not switching when you're shooting from a bunker, in the woods, and/or in rec ball. In competitive speedball, switching hands is a key skill when you're running and gunning and shooting on breakouts. If there's a way to shoot accurately on the break when running to my left while shooting right handed, I haven't figured it out.

#33 Justin B.

Justin B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 11:49 AM

Ok...this may require a new video. Hopefully I'll be able to make and post one today on this subject.

Edited by Justin B., 15 February 2014 - 11:58 AM.

One Nation

- Cookybiscuit

#34 P.A.N

P.A.N

Techpb to the front!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 12:18 PM

I was at a speedball indoor field on vacation last night, and I was running pump. I was playing my usual d side, and there was a guy in a center dorrito, while I was in d-1. When I headchecked, I noticed that he was snapping out of his left side with his right hand, and chickenwinging because of it. Now, his technique may have worked in woodsball, but in speedball, he is going to get wrecked. I popped out of my left side, with my left hand on the triggerframe, waited for him to pop out, and right as I saw his elbow start to come out, boom. I hit him right in the elbow. My conclusion is that in speedball, where it is a game of millimeters of profile and the best technique, a woodsballer shooting out of the wrong side of the bunker with the wrong hand will get eliminated by a player who has good marker skills and is able to notice small things like I did. Now in no means am I saying that I am the most experienced or pro player in the world, but paintball is a game where those who, after learning the basics, do the little things well, and triumph. 

Edited by P.A.N, 15 February 2014 - 11:12 PM.

#35 r45vt

r45vt

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 01:19 PM

I was at a speedball indoor field on vacation last night, and I was running pump. I was playing my usual d side, and there was a guy in a center dorrito, while I was in d-1. When I headchecked, I noticed that he was snapping out of his left side with his right hand, and chickenwinging because of it. Now, his technique may have worked in woodsball, but in speedball, he is going to get wrecked. I popped out of my left side, with my left hand on the triggerframe, waited for him to pop out, and right as I say his elbow start to come out, boom. I hit him right in the elbow. My conclusion is that in speedball, where it is a game of millimeters of profile and the best technique, a woodsballer shooting out of the wrong side of the bunker with the wrong hand will get eliminated by a player who has good marker skills and is able to notice small things like I did. Now in no means am I saying that I am the most experienced or pro player in the world, but paintball is a game where those who, after learning the basics, do the little things well, and triumph. 

That was bad form on his part.  Chicken wings are awesome to play against.  It has nothing to do with not switching hands.  

Edited by r45vt, 15 February 2014 - 01:19 PM.

My youtube channel:

#36 TheAlmostPanda

TheAlmostPanda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 05:30 PM

I disagree. (chicken wings are bad form but so is shooting across your body)

Put it this way: 

I am having a snap shootout around the left side of a dorito,tombstone, or totem. The guy I'm shooting at is leaning out leading with his right side. I have two options. Firstly, I could just use my right hand and lean out. I'll be exposing my left shoulder and arm (i play pump), chest, mask, then gun every time i snap out. The opponent will only have his gun, a sliver of his arm, and his mask out when he shoots (assuming he doesn't chicken wing). I'm at a disadvantage. My other option is to switch hands. Then I will have only my gun, a sliver of my left arm, and my mask out when I snap shoot. Now we are equal (assuming I've learned to shoot switch.). 

This same problem becomes even more apparent when you play snake. 

You are in snake 2 (at your 40 ish), another player from the other team is in snake 1 (their 20 ish). To shoot him out, you need to snap on your left side, whilst staying low enough to avoid his buddy across the field in the doritos. Try doing that without switching hands. It's possible, but you are gonna have to be many orders of magnitude better than him to even have a chance. Switching hands means you can shoot him out, then swap back and shoot across the field towards the doritos. 

TL:DR

Yes you can play without switching. Yes you can get good without switching. However, if you play against the type of guys that I play against (D1-D4 tourney players with pumps or electros) you need every possible advantage you can get. Hell, if you just want to play better you need every possible advantage you can get. Learning to shoot switch is an advantage. It means you are more versatile as a player. If you can find some good tourney players who don't know how to shoot switch, please, let me know. But at least in LA, anyone who is decent (from the youth teams to the D1 guys) knows how to shoot switch. Against rentals, yeah, you can shoot lefty, or righty, or whatever, but any good oppenant will exploit your weakness.

Cattle die, kinsmen die all men are mortal.
Words of praise, will never perish
nor a noble name.
- The Havamal

jacket for sale

#37 Lt. Blood

Lt. Blood

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 06:20 PM

Play a whole day only using your off hand; you'll get used to it in 1-2 days of 4 hours in game play +.

80% of teens listen to Hip-Hop, if you're part of the 20% that hates that shit , put this in your sig!Go ahead and throw your ions. I'll just catch them and throw em' back, except harder You may live in a 500,000 dollar house but i live in a 2 dollar box under a 6,000,000 dollar bridgeSave a rock,throw a tippmann its ok you won't be able to hurt it.put this on ur sig if u feel a need to call paintcheck........even if all you can see is orange! If you live in Panama, hit me up.

#38 Justin B.

Justin B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:24 PM

Ok, hopefully I'll make a video a little later tonight....

One Nation

- Cookybiscuit

#39 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,899 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:02 PM

Playing with your off hand is a lot like fapping with your off hand. It feels weird and awkward at first but eventually you learn to use it when you have to. 

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#40 tcheekdye

tcheekdye

Bitch im just bustin at em

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:15 PM

Took me 2 days before I was fapping with my left faster than my right. It's strange how things work that way

giphy.gifTECH PB HEAVY METAL FAN CLUB  http://www.techpb.co...metal-fan-club/

#41 P.A.N

P.A.N

Techpb to the front!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 11:07 PM

Sorry I phrased that incorrectly, he was shooting with the wrong hand AND chicken winging.

Edited by P.A.N, 15 February 2014 - 11:11 PM.

#42 r45vt

r45vt

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 11:11 PM

^ He didn't have a chicken wing because he was shooting with the wrong hand.  He had a chicken wing because he had a chicken wing.  They aren't causal. 

I disagree. (chicken wings are bad form but so is shooting across your body)

Put it this way: 

I am having a snap shootout around the left side of a dorito,tombstone, or totem. The guy I'm shooting at is leaning out leading with his right side. I have two options. Firstly, I could just use my right hand and lean out. I'll be exposing my left shoulder and arm (i play pump), chest, mask, then gun every time i snap out. The opponent will only have his gun, a sliver of his arm, and his mask out when he shoots (assuming he doesn't chicken wing). I'm at a disadvantage. My other option is to switch hands. Then I will have only my gun, a sliver of my left arm, and my mask out when I snap shoot. Now we are equal (assuming I've learned to shoot switch.). 

This same problem becomes even more apparent when you play snake. 

You are in snake 2 (at your 40 ish), another player from the other team is in snake 1 (their 20 ish). To shoot him out, you need to snap on your left side, whilst staying low enough to avoid his buddy across the field in the doritos. Try doing that without switching hands. It's possible, but you are gonna have to be many orders of magnitude better than him to even have a chance. Switching hands means you can shoot him out, then swap back and shoot across the field towards the doritos. 

TL:DR

Yes you can play without switching. Yes you can get good without switching. However, if you play against the type of guys that I play against (D1-D4 tourney players with pumps or electros) you need every possible advantage you can get. Hell, if you just want to play better you need every possible advantage you can get. Learning to shoot switch is an advantage. It means you are more versatile as a player. If you can find some good tourney players who don't know how to shoot switch, please, let me know. But at least in LA, anyone who is decent (from the youth teams to the D1 guys) knows how to shoot switch. Against rentals, yeah, you can shoot lefty, or righty, or whatever, but any good oppenant will exploit your weakness.

Again you are think I am exposing my shoulder which I am not.  The ONLY difference is that while shooting out of the left my left hand is on the regulator rather than the trigger grip.  This doesn't increase the profile compared to it being on the grip handle as you will always have a hand on the outside of the marker.  There is no angle difference in the marker sticker the loader out more.  

When I cross the marker over to my left I hold the marker in the exact spot I would even if I switched to my off hand.  My elbows are tucked in.  There not a damn bit of difference in the profile.  

I am nearly ambidextrous and can even cross offhanded to shoot on the right side and still maintain accuracy and "normal feel".  I played from 94-13 switching hands like everyone else here is saying.  Not a big deal.  I found it faster switch from side to side without switching to offhanded.  We were getting our asses kicked and I was up front getting "pinched".  Afterwards I kept it up and haven't looked back.  

It sounds like a lot of you are confusing bad form for what I am saying.  It really isn't a big deal.  I'd rather be able to shoot with either hand than limited to one.  Like I said I can shoot either side with either hand and not care at all.  Just because you don't shot off handed does not automatically mean you have less stability, accuracy or a chicken wing or an exposed shoulder like most are thinking. 

Edit:  This is getting pretty stupid at this point.  I would never discourage someone from learning to shoot offhanded.  I don't feel like arguing over the internet for 10 pages about how you think it would expose my shoulder more when it doesn't.  I am not saying I am not going to reply but I just don't see this thread going anywhere and it's been hijacked form what the OP started on.  

Edited by r45vt, 15 February 2014 - 11:17 PM.

My youtube channel:

#43 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,821 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 01:29 AM

shoot lefty when playing, practice helps but not as much as using your left hand more IN GAME as it really builds confidence in using your off hand in game. I used to practice all the time when I first started playing but I was never confident enough to just switch to my left hand and shoot, I'd always think to myself "I can do it, I just don't need to yet" when in reality I'd be mowing bitches if I has been laning on the inside. So practice, but don't forget to use it, try only playing on the left or only using your off hand for a couple of games.

109.gif

#44 Justin B.

Justin B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 02:00 PM

I'm so sorry I haven't been able to end this mess with my video yet...

One Nation

- Cookybiscuit

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users