Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:18 PM

Trying to choose between these so have at it

#2 Wolfe

Wolfe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:48 PM

Have to be Living Legends. CPX is only an hour and a half north of me.

#3 The Rec-Baller 217

The Rec-Baller 217

GET SOME PAINT IN THE AIR!!!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:55 AM

Living Legends. It will be cheaper and you'll have more fun for what you get. You may have to end up buying more paint thoughout the week at D-day at CPX you can last your whole time there on what you buy when you first go. D-day may be bigger but CPX is a lot more fun.

#4 Exile308

Exile308

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:42 PM

Living Legends. It will be cheaper and you'll have more fun for what you get. You may have to end up buying more paint thoughout the week at D-day at CPX you can last your whole time there on what you buy when you first go. D-day may be bigger but CPX is a lot more fun.

Have you been to both?

#5 Exile308

Exile308

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:27 PM

Trying to choose between these so have at it

Right now I am more than likely going to D-Day.   It is a lot closer for me.

#6 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:29 PM

I'm saying Living Legends, because I have yet to be at OK D-Day, but if I wamt to go there and do what I would like to do, I'd have to be there all week, to train with the 1058th MEK.

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

#7 amz

amz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 11:42 PM

I’ve not been to Living Legends so I can’t comment on it or compare the two but I have been to the last 5 Oklahoma D-Day’s. What makes D-Day special is that it is a week-long event with 2 mini scenarios each day, a night game and the main event on Saturday. Whether you arrive the Sunday before the event and spend the week or arrive on Thursday or Friday you will have a lot of opportunity to play paintball (there is also a speedball field for open games as well as several vendor events throughout the week). The night game the Thursday before the main battle is really something to experience. You end up with 5 or 6 hundred people on the Colleyville Church part of the field, lots of fireworks, and flares, plenty of close range action. I’m not sure any other field has a night game quite like it. As far as the main game on Saturday the field is huge, 700+ acres. The allies start out storming 3 beaches plus have special forces spread out behind the lines. The Germans are defending and counter attacking. There's also lot's of tanks in the game. I think last year there were around 15 or 20. This definitely adds to the strategy and immersion. There are several key areas including Pegasus Bridge, Colleville, the airfield, causeway, and Caen, as well as Omaha, Utah and Sword beaches. The game usually collapses around Colleville at the end of the day for a big battle.

The other unique thing about D-Day are the units themselves. There are dozens of allied and German units modeled somewhat after their Normandy counterparts. Each unit has its own missions, objectives and goals that consistently evolve during the day depending on the flow of the battle. Each side has a command post that consistently monitors the battle and makes adjustments so every D-Day is different.

While I have Living Legends on my bucket list I would also recommend the same for D-Day. It’s a great event and last year was one of the best in several years.

As far as costs and paint you can spend as much or as little as your budget allows. I've seen players budget a case for their whole stay and tankers budget 10+ cases. I usually go through 3 or 4 cases for the entire week. I can't imagine either event will be that much different but again I've not played Living Legends.

Edited by amz, 15 February 2014 - 01:37 PM.

#8 Pyrate Jim

Pyrate Jim

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 02:20 PM

LL-7 for me.
It'll be a road-trip from CT, and my first time there.
CT Co-ordinator ~ Paintball Marshals
http://www.pbmarshals.com/
PTI #2691 ~ C1, C2, C5, C5a, C6
Certified Master Airsmith
http://www.paintball-pti.com/

#9 Kevin

Kevin

King of low-end

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,205 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:34 PM

Hang with us Jim, you'll be most welcome.

I am qmto on youtube, i make funny videos because i love you all.
My Feedback 34/0/0
brasseagletechpblogo.gif

GUNS!!! Buy them please!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users