• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 pb2332

pb2332

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:06 AM

As the title suggests, does anyone have tips and/or tricks for playing in winter. I'm Canadian and as you probably know it can get cold, any suggestions out their?

#2 Caboosanaitor

Caboosanaitor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:44 AM

I like to wear the under Armour long sleeve shirt and pants that are made for cold weather. That really helps with keeping yourself warm. Then another layer or so of insulation but not to much or you will be a baked potato! The under Armour really helps! Scarfs are great as well, but definitely have some non fog items such as fog doc because the scarf keeps you warm but it also directs the warm air up into the lens and it can be a nightmare with single pane lens, fog doc is really nice. In the cold paint can become very brittle so you might want to turn your electronic hopper (if you have one) to a much slower speed or such to prevent your hopper transforming into a paint blender. If it gets cold enough you should consider wearing boots otherwise that cold will seep right into your ankle and turn your day upside down. Also don't wear half finger gloves wear something warm but not bulky. And if your playing in the cold for long periods of time. Wear something that fully covers your face like a ski mask... sometimes two ski masks. I hope this helps you out, even if just a little.

#3 pb2332

pb2332

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:52 AM

Wow thanks for that in depth reply, I really appreciate it. I have a z2 for a loader along with an g6r and etek 4. Ill have to go to sportcheck and get that under armour stuff thanks again for the help. Is their anything I can do with my equipment that would help with its reliability and performance?

#4 Caboosanaitor

Caboosanaitor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:27 AM

to help your equipment reliability and preformance, after a match, find a car or go in a house and warm up your gear, electronics use MUCH more battery when cold and sometimes can start to be unreliable when frozen. If you have a nice pod harness/pack you probably dont want that gell to be frozen on your back, all i can think of is keep your stuff warm. :) your welcome, i live in alaska and i get a few days to play in the cold, stay warm and have fun!

#5 The Rec-Baller 217

The Rec-Baller 217

GET SOME PAINT IN THE AIR!!!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:06 PM

2 pairs of socks, warm drink, and even in cold weather drink something as you'll still need water

#6 DasJaco

DasJaco

TIGER STYLE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:34 PM

Increase your dwell on your guns

Lakeville Ambush #3

DLX Luxe 2.0

Dye Rotor

Ninja 77/4500

#7 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,107 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 06:05 PM

Chrono a little lower than usual. Itll help prevent paint breaking in your gun or barrel.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users