6 replies to this topic

#1 epinema

epinema

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:10 AM

Hi guys,

I've never seen anyone around our local fields with pumps but I'm curious how they stand-up against semi-autos in indoor recball and woodsballs fields.  Pumps seem like they would be far more fun to use an a mech/electro semis but at the same time, I don't have Sam Fisher prowling skills.

Cheers

#2 DasJaco

DasJaco

TIGER STYLE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:08 AM

You will develop skills while playing that you don't think you have. Taking down electros with a pump can be very easy with practice.

Lakeville Ambush #3

DLX Luxe 2.0

Dye Rotor

Ninja 77/4500

#3 Carolus Rex

Carolus Rex

I won at life once.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:15 AM

It will be challenging at first and at times at it might feel as you were eliminated because your opponent had a higher fire rate. Playing with a pump will force you to improve on all kind of skills. Like snapshooting, aiming and moving on the field.. 

Also, firing one shot and gogging your opponent is one of the best feelings in the world. 

o8qo.jpg

#4 epinema

epinema

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 06:09 PM

Awesome, thank you guys!

It seems none of our fields have any (even out the back), maybe I can convince someone to let me have a try on a walk-on game day :-)

#5 cockerpunk

cockerpunk

All the Dudes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,110 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:23 PM

i;ve played 3 man tournaments with my pump team, and i think we got 4th ... just couldn't hack it in finals ...

1187929985_CnMVL-M.jpg

1188730860_img_6819.jpg

1188776177_img_6916.jpg

The ultimate truth in paintball is that the interaction between the gun and the player is far and away the largest factor in accuracy, consistency, and reliability.

And yes, Gordon is the sexiest manifestation of "to the front."

#6 TheAlmostPanda

TheAlmostPanda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 03:30 PM

At a rec play level, you'll have no problem winning gun fight as long as you are aggressive and get a good angle. Us pumpers don't enjoy getting shot out anymore than your normal player. Though we enjoy the extra challenge of playing, we wouldn't play if it was impossible to hold our own against equivalently skilled players. With a little skill and a lot of balls, you'll be slinging paint with the best of them (on the rec scene).

Edited by TheAlmostPanda, 14 February 2014 - 03:30 PM.

Cattle die, kinsmen die all men are mortal.
Words of praise, will never perish
nor a noble name.
- The Havamal

jacket for sale

#7 The-Phantom

The-Phantom

Rock N' Cock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 06:04 AM

I play almost exlusively against semis as a stock class pump player and hold my own in almost any rec ball games - it's do-able, just need good snap shooting, communication, and movement.  but with those skills, all that being said, everything else held consistent you'd be better with a semi.

pump is great for all the obvious reasons - save money, have fun, hone skills.  No real down side IMO, even the start-up cost is not much of an issue since most guns hold their resale quite well, and you can get a used gun for very cheap

f_oneshotm_05c6b49.jpg
Please feel free to private message me if you have a question about something I've posted!
If you show me an inch, I'll show you the dead-box.

-Brett

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users