• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Caboosanaitor

Caboosanaitor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:27 PM

I'm starting a youtube channel and some of the videos will be about paintball. I'm looking for a camera that will fit my die i4 and is solid for paintball. I'm not looking for a go pro... If you can give me some video/editing/commentating/camera tips please tell me. Thank you all.

#2 FreeEnterprise

FreeEnterprise

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:34 PM

Contour Roam is what I use, I have two of them and they are perfect for a helmet cam. 170 field of view when recording at 720HD. (which is fine for paintball). I render in 1080 and upconvert when editing. 

Here is my filming setup. 

Since all the cool kids are doing it, I'm gonna start putting some gaming content on my channel.. Rendering my first one now... Course, I don't have an xbox... or a playstation... or a high end gaming desktop. It will be more of an old school gaming content using gear that is older than most of my fans! haha!

#3 ragu

ragu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:37 PM

I use to use gun cam but it always ends up mostly away from the action eg: at the floor or away from the action at the wrong moment and just missing it.  Always edit out walking, no one wants to see that unless its very short,  I use a polorid xs 100 but there is a new action cam that allows a 1x or 5 x and its on the cheap side ~$100 ish you can look into that  http://www.youtube.c...h?v=sl_H4ptX3D0 ATN Shot Trak HD Action Weapon Camera.

If your trying a music video make sure to have lots of action cuts heres an example of what I did to make my music video

I used microsoft live movie maker but that crashes you have to constantly save.  Look for good editing software or else you'll be fustrated.

Here is how to make a helmet cam if you are looking for something that is very cheap and easy to do if you want to get creative.  Works for older gen cameras that look like todays cellphones but wider.

Edited by ragu, 13 February 2014 - 02:18 PM.

Watch my Paintball Music Video Mag-fed chain-fed action

Walk Away Paintball Music Video:

https://www.youtube....h?v=a9UzZUCgkqI

#4 seriouslysilly

seriouslysilly

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:07 AM

I use the Drift HD camera. It's great quality with a built in LCD screen and has a remote

Here's some footage:

#5 Caboosanaitor

Caboosanaitor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 05:10 AM

Hey! Thank you all so much for your your posts! It really helped me alot, I do like the idea for the dye emblem mount and will doing something of the sorts. Hopefully down the road I will get my own zoom camera. I will be getting a new computer soon and il get some nice editing system. Hopefully it will be a blast! I hope to see you guys at LL7!

#6 ragu

ragu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 09:37 AM

Well thats too far for me but heres a tip if you get a $100 ish helmet cam that is invalabule.  Charge fully for the day before,   Always turn it off when your not recording and double and tripple check that its on while your playing (I forgot and missed action )   and if you have a laptop fully charge that and use it at around lucch to upload to your pc to empty out your memory card and keep it plugged into the laptop to recharge your camera as it is just another power source.  That way you shouldn't miss any footage if you do it right.  Also bring a micro fiber cloth and wipe off the lense if you got hit or splash as that ruins footage too.

Edited by ragu, 14 February 2014 - 09:48 AM.

Watch my Paintball Music Video Mag-fed chain-fed action

Walk Away Paintball Music Video:

https://www.youtube....h?v=a9UzZUCgkqI

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users