• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Tunnel vzn

Tunnel vzn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 03:28 AM

I transferred the internals of my 2k2 wgp cocker to what i believe to be is a 2000 wgp cocker. The bodies look 100% similar. Do these two bodies accept different size internals? For example, the 2k2 stock IVG doesnt fit snug in the 2000. theres some side to side play when i poke at it, but it fits 100% snug inside the 2k2 body. Should i teflon tape it?

Secondly, im not sure if im improperly tuning, but i like to have my IVG almost flush with the body, but i cant seem to get my gun to shoot above 280fps without having to turn the IVG about 5-6 turns in with the reg turned high.

Lastly, the threads that hold my ccm trigger frame seem slightly bigger than the stock ccm screws. I tighten the screws and after a day of play, the frame becomes loose. Do i solve that problem with teflon tape as well?

These problems are mind boggling. 2000wgp threads seem bigger than the 2002, but everyone is saying both bodies accept the same lower tube kit, screws etc..

#2 Tunnel vzn

Tunnel vzn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 03:35 AM

I forgot to add another issue.. The back block seems to be a different size. My check it bolt fits fine in the body and back block, but the BOLT PIN wont come out. I have to hammer the pin out of the back block. But of course on the 2k2 back block i can pull the pin out with finesse. I know one would say " get rid of the 2000 body" but I want it because of its matt black color.

#3 Old Dude PB

Old Dude PB

Safety third.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:18 PM

Are you sure the second body is a 2K? Sounds like you're dealing with incompatible parts. Could you post pics and/or serial numbers of the bodies?

#4 bowmasta

bowmasta

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 02:54 PM

There are 2k + and - bodies. Its very very possible that an early 2k body could still use pre 2k internals (ala classic sheridan). Some bodies from that time were made to take 2k- parts as well. 

As well there are back blocks that don't take pins (Made for quick pull bolts that use roller bearings). That's probably what you had, is there a reason why you didn't use your original back block. You shouldn't have to use a hammer ever.

Sometimes older bodies are re threaded for bigger screws. You should very easily be able to tell if it has or not by putting the screws in without the trigger frame. Use some locktite on it, Blue will be the best to stop the wiggle.

What?! I'm all out of powdered toast?!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users