• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 soccerpunk911

soccerpunk911

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:47 PM

Does it help, those of you who film yourself practicing via GoPro, make your game better or is it a waste of time? And If it does help your game, what is your setup? Looking at getting a GoPro to help improve my game, and was wondering what accessories you need. Thanks!

#2 ragu

ragu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:51 PM

Of course it helps you out, you see what you did wrong from before it does help out although I am mostly doing seneario games.  Although I think having a friend on the sideline to watch you play and suggest improvements after would also work.

I have done so much editing from camera footage that I have learned from my mistakes that can also help.   Though gun cam footage usually ends up mostly away from the action at the floor or away from the action at the wrong moment and just missing I prefer helmet cam just having it on my head made it so much better.

Edited by ragu, 17 February 2014 - 08:54 PM.

Watch my Paintball Music Video Mag-fed chain-fed action

Walk Away Paintball Music Video:

https://www.youtube....h?v=a9UzZUCgkqI

#3 FreeEnterprise

FreeEnterprise

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:38 AM

Contour Roam... That is what I would buy, better mic, MUCH smaller form factor, and it takes hits just fine (check out my Instagram for proof of this, as I just posted a direct hit on my Contour Roam last night @trailsofdoom). 

http://instagram.com/p/kixtCKrCLt/

The Slide switch is critical for a helmet cam, just slide it forward and it turns on and starts recording. Trust me, any action cam you mount on your head with buttons, you WILL end up missing games because you "thought" you turned it on, and didn't. Or you will change modes, instead of turning it on... With the slide switch, you can reach up and know if it is on or not just by the location of the switch. 

Plus you don't look like the Teletubbie Po when using a Contour, Go pro's look silly. 

Yes, filming your games will help you get better faster, as you will see stuff on the video you missed when playing. It will teach you to be more field aware, which is a critical skill in the game. 

Now, you won't be able to see where you are shooting... As action cams are good for about 30 feet away max... You can see movement, but it is hard to see a guy hiding behind a tree...

It definitely improved my tactics when I started filming all of my games. 

#4 soccerpunk911

soccerpunk911

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 04:37 PM

thanks! Good to know!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users