23 replies to this topic

#1 Pvlacrosse14

Pvlacrosse14

Indians Football OG #67

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:13 PM

Hi, I was debating which hopper I was going to get. My choices are the dye rotor, the pinokio speed, the virtue spire, and the gi sports RDR. I was leaning towards the RDR because I like tuning my guns and playing around with dwell and stuff and with the RDR, I won't have to spend an extra $100 for a chronograph. I am looking at used to save money but I am open to new if it's a really good deal. I want a hopper that I won't have any issues with, just turn on and go. I do t want to deal with jamming and I don't care how fast it is as long as it can keep up with about 15 bps. Lightweight is definitely a bonus and I would like to spend as little as possible. Please share any information you may have, thanks
My Setup- 2k11 G6R, Dye Rotor, Ninja Pro 68/45

#2 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,286 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:30 PM

I would not suggest the RDR. Havent yet heard a person that has one suggest it over any of the other four super loaders and the one I got to handle felt cheap.

#3 Pvlacrosse14

Pvlacrosse14

Indians Football OG #67

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:33 PM

I would not suggest the RDR. Havent yet heard a person that has one suggest it over any of the other four super loaders and the one I got to handle felt cheap.

really? Wow it looks so good and the built in chronograph seemed so nice. Ok well I trust you so the RDRs out. So between the speed, rotor, and spire which would you recommend?

#4 SPARTAN1147789

SPARTAN1147789

SPARTAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:54 PM

I would recommend the Pinokio Speed out of the bunch, but here's a full comparison to help you decide:

Dye Rotor vs Virtue Spire vs Empire Prophecy Z2 vs Pinokio vs Pinokio Speed

Durability:
Pinokio Speed = Rotor = Spire > Prophecy > Pinokio

• As long as you don't smash your loader with a hammer, try to melt it with a blow torch, or play paintball underwater they will all be plenty durable
  • Though if you're abusive on your loader you may want to avoid the Pinokio as the feednecks may snap after a lot of heavy use due to the poly-carbonate shell
  • Though I believe the Pinokio Speed solves this problem with its durable nylon shell like all the other loaders

Profile:
Pinokio Speed = Rotor = Spire = Prophecy > Pinokio

• This may come down to personal preference, though most people like shorter loaders

Capacity:
Pinokio > Spire > Rotor = Prophecy = Pinokio Speed

• This is with stock nose cone, as for Rotor, Prophecy and Pinokio Speed, the capacity is so close it's hard to tell which one is larger

Feedrate:
Rotor > Pinokio Speed > Prophecy > Pinokio > Spire

• All these loaders will feed more than 20 bps, and you shouldn't need more than that unless you want to waste a lot of money on paint

Maintenance:
Spire = Rotor > Pinokio Speed = Pinokio > Prophecy

• All these loaders are pretty easy to clean and maintain
  • While the Prophecy is still very easy to maintain, it has the most complicated design, so it will be the most difficult to maintain out of the group
  • The Pinokio and the Pinokio Speed are technically as easy to maintain as the Spire and Rotor since you shouldn't have to unscrew the body at all to clean it, just pop off the top and wipe and you're good to go
  • Since the Pinokio and Pinokio Speed aren't completely tool less the Spire and Rotor have the advantage

Battery Efficiency:
Pinokio Speed = Pinokio > Rotor > Spire > Prophecy

• All these loaders will get at least 10 cases in new batteries, but in case you don't change your batteries much, it's something to consider
  • The Pinokio and Pinokio Speed use two 9 volt batteries
  • The Prophecy uses 4 AA and the Spire and Rotor use 3 AA
  • The batteries in the Pinokio's last about twice as long as the others, but the batteries are twice as expensive

Jamming:
Pinokio Speed = Pinokio = Spire > Prophecy > Rotor

• The Pinokio, Pinokio Speed and Spire won't really jam, the Prophecy has an automatic anti-jam and a rip drive, and the Rotor has an anti-jam center arm

Paint Gentleness:
Spire > Pinokio Speed = Pinokio > Prophecy > Rotor

• The Spire, Pinokio, and Pinokio Speed will both be really gentle on paint, though the spire has soft paddles
  • None of them should break paint regularly, though the rotor tends to be the hardest on paint

Feeding The Last Paintballs:
Pinokio Speed = Pinokio > Prophecy > Rotor > Spire

• All of these loaders will feed the last paintballs, though you may have to shake the loaders

Hopper Opening:
Spire = Prophecy > Rotor = Pinokio = Pinokio Speed

• Rated on how wide the opening to pour paint in is, though all the hoppers are plenty wide enough, but it's something to consider

Transparency:
Pinokio > Spire > Rotor > Prophecy = Pinokio Speed

• This allows you to know when your paint is running out
  • The Spire comes with a window, but the Pinokio's transparency is determined by the color you choose, I would suggest you choose the smoke color
  • The Rotor also has a window, but it's very small
  • The Pinokio Speed and Prophecy only have the lid to see the paint

Reballs:
Pinokio Speed = Pinokio = Spire = Prophecy > Rotor

• The only loader that should have problems with reballs is the Rotor, as it specifically states in the manual not to use reballs

Paddle Wear:
Pinokio Speed = Pinokio = Rotor = Prophecy > Spire

• Only the Spire should have problems with paddle wear because it uses soft paddles, so they might break over time, though Virtue should cover the repairs

Weight:

Pinokio Speed > Pinokio > Spire > Prophecy > Rotor

• The Pinokio Speed being the lightest and the Rotor being the heaviest (all without paintballs and with batteries)
  • They are all really light, they range from 15 ounces to 1 pound 6 ounces

Disassembly:

Spire > Rotor > Prophecy > Pinokio Speed = Pinokio

• This is to completely disassemble the loader
  • Technically speaking you should only really have to unscrew the prop for the pinokio to fully clean it
  • The Pinokio and Pinokio Speed are the only two loaders that do not have a completely toolless disassembly
  • The Rotor, Spire and Prophecy are all fairly easy to disassemble

Edited by SPARTAN1147789, 18 February 2014 - 02:35 PM.

#5 Pvlacrosse14

Pvlacrosse14

Indians Football OG #67

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:41 PM

Wow, thank you so much spartan! I'm really liking the price of the speed and from your comparison it seems great! What speed feeds will work with the speed? The halo speed feeds? I will still take more inputs

#6 SPARTAN1147789

SPARTAN1147789

SPARTAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 03:35 PM

Halo speed feeds will work, I would either go with the Virtue Crown SF or the Exalt Feedgate if you do not already have a halo speed feed.

#7 Pvlacrosse14

Pvlacrosse14

Indians Football OG #67

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 03:37 PM

So you would say a speed over a rotor if I could get a rotor new for $20 more.

#8 J3R3MY

J3R3MY

I know nothing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 03:59 PM

I think Spartan has it covered with his analysis... I haven't used all the super loaders, but I've had zero problems with my v3 Rotor! It works every time without fail for me. No Jams and with a speed feed it is super easy to load. Shell has been durable and the batteries last a long time...

Its a solid choice should you decide to give it a try...

#9 SPARTAN1147789

SPARTAN1147789

SPARTAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 04:13 PM

I would still take the Pinokio Speed over the rotor, IMO the Pinokio Speed is the best loader with the Rotor coming in second, though you truly can't go wrong with any of the super loaders mentioned in my comparison.

#10 Pvlacrosse14

Pvlacrosse14

Indians Football OG #67

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:06 PM

Ok thanks everyone, I will think about it, I will still take any input anyone has to offer

#11 Dallas_ballas

Dallas_ballas

So your telling me I can't order my skill from ANS?

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:40 PM

Virtue spire. Never jams and so easy to clean. Has amazing battery life if that means anything to you. You can program a lot of stuff even the LED light to if you want it on it off for night games. I have the 260 shell and it's not all that much bigger and I'm a aggressive player not a back player and it's not heavy. It's also very light. The quick change lid is also very nice if it starts to rain just switch from speed feed to stock lid. A little more expensive but so worth it in the end. Also if you sometimes shoot crappy paint or something not as good no problem for spire. I found some cheap Walmart paint that was 2 years old in my closet that was literally cubed shaped and I'm not joking. And the spire feed it all without as jam and was asking for more. Dude. Spire.

#12 r45vt

r45vt

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:58 PM

RDR blows donkey balls.  Mine has been at GI for repair already.  I used it 4 times.  Piece of shit.

The battery self drains, it jams, it has shelves that store paint, the speed feed it comes with is beyond garbage.  On top of that it has soft touch plastic that started peeling after only 3 uses.

I really hope they replace it with a new one.  A friend bought one and hasn't had any problems yet but he only used it once. 

Battery life is 1-2 days of play.

It sounded like the gear reduction in mine stripped.  

I was really hoping it was a quality loader so I could get rid of my Prophecy V1 which is 5 years old or so.  I will be keeping the prophecy and probably selling the RDR when it comes back.

For $250 I expected a lot more.  The chrono and ball count feature are awesome.  It just fails at the basic loader aspect.

Edited by r45vt, 18 February 2014 - 07:04 PM.

#13 meh

meh

Screw you guys, I'm goin' home

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:25 AM

Well i played a game with the pinokio speed this last weekend and wow it is small and lightweight. All day i didnt get hit in the loader once(and im notorious for sticking my hopper out). The rotor is an ok choice solely because ive heard it jams when using oblong paint. I generally use cheap paint (like agro snowballz 30$/box) and the rotor hasnt jammed yet and i dont believe it will. Go for the pinokio, its a great little loader and its 30$ cheaper than any rotor on sale, get a new barrel or something with that money!!

Meh

#14 Pvlacrosse14

Pvlacrosse14

Indians Football OG #67

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 05:45 PM

Ok thanks everyone, rdr is officially out then. Now it's rotor vs spire vs speed and maybe z2

#15 zecrom_89

zecrom_89

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:14 AM

Ok thanks everyone, rdr is officially out then. Now it's rotor vs spire vs speed and maybe z2

All the loaders are great but, I would have to say prophecy or rotor. They can be found the cheapest on any bst's and they both have been proven. If you want to spend the extra dime on the spire, I wouldn't hesitate due to it being a awesome loader but, it is alittle more exspensive then the others. I would stay away from the classic pinokio due to the polycarb shell and its sheer size. the speed looks promising but, its uses 2, 9  volts and I don't like the way it looks , and if you want to get one you most likely need to buy new which would cost you $130 but for that you can find a used rotor, prochecy or spire with speedfeeds and other stuff for that price.

#16 ckiely27

ckiely27

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:29 PM

I own the spire and the rotor and this is just my personal opinion I think the spire is better in a few different ways 1 it does not Jam or well almost never 2 it holds more paint 3 the opening for filling is bigger 4 it's made by virtue.... now that aside plan on spending more for it then the rotor because out of the box it needs a few things like the ramp and a new lid assembly to fit a speed feed but that aside I feel the extra money is well worth it!!!! I have one of the first spires out there so yes mine makes the cycling noise but all I have to do is send it back to virtue and they will re flash it for free to get rid of it, now on the other hand when rotor is out of paint it sounds similar to a blender so I hate hearing people rip on the spire for that. but getting either the spire or the rotor you can't go wrong

#17 Ranger30

Ranger30

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 06:57 PM

I have a rotor and it is one of the smoothest loaders out there. I haven't used any other super loaders so I can't speak for them but in my opinion I would look between the rotor and speed. The speed hasn't been out for too long(not extacly sure how long) so they might make a v2 for it but on the other hand the rotor has v1 v2 and v3 and the v3 is incredible. I haven't had one break and it does kinda sound like a blender when it has no paint but that is because it is ment to keep feeding until it's out and will still try to feed when it runs out. The whole assembly is tooless and has a really nice on off. My batteries have lasted a long time and the speed feeds are easy to install and work great. Hope this helps :)

#18 pbbrybry

pbbrybry

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 05:47 AM

I would look at battery efficiency and how the sensor works when feeding into the marker. Personally I would go with the speed as it uses a bend sensor. I have the regular pinokio and bought back in October and have yet to change the batteries it came with. All the others have eyes or sound signature which could drain the battery.

FEEDBACK!

2 | 0 | 0

#19 zecrom_89

zecrom_89

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 02:24 AM

I would look at battery efficiency and how the sensor works when feeding into the marker. Personally I would go with the speed as it uses a bend sensor. I have the regular pinokio and bought back in October and have yet to change the batteries it came with. All the others have eyes or sound signature which could drain the battery.

Not the rotor

#20 pbbrybry

pbbrybry

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 03:08 AM

Not the rotor

Not the rotor what? such a vague answer to a detailed opinion

FEEDBACK!

2 | 0 | 0

#21 SPARTAN1147789

SPARTAN1147789

SPARTAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 10:15 AM

I think he means the Rotor has a tension sensor that turns off the prop when you're not firing the gun (so it does not have a sound or light sensor), however the rotor will spin continuously if there is not any paint in the loader, so it will make noise when it is on empty. However, as far as battery life goes the Rotor is the third most efficient loader after the Pinokio and Pinokio Speed. As far as which is the best, there really is non, look at my detailed comparison and decide for yourself, whatever your choice you can't go wrong with any of these loaders. Just for reference I'll list my overall rank of the loaders  IMO (note this mostly comes down to personal preference):

1. Pinokio Speed
  2. Rotor
  3. Spire
  4. Pinokio
  5. Prophecy Z2

#22 zecrom_89

zecrom_89

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 12:06 PM

Not the rotor

Not the rotor meaning, you said every other hopper has eyes or sound signature but, the rotor doesn't. It is completely based of tension of the ball stack.

#23 pbbrybry

pbbrybry

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 12:37 AM

I think he means the Rotor has a tension sensor that turns off the prop when you're not firing the gun (so it does not have a sound or light sensor), however the rotor will spin continuously if there is not any paint in the loader, so it will make noise when it is on empty. However, as far as battery life goes the Rotor is the third most efficient loader after the Pinokio and Pinokio Speed. As far as which is the best, there really is non, look at my detailed comparison and decide for yourself, whatever your choice you can't go wrong with any of these loaders. Just for reference I'll list my overall rank of the loaders  IMO (note this mostly comes down to personal preference):

1. Pinokio Speed
  2. Rotor
  3. Spire
  4. Pinokio
  5. Prophecy Z2

Completely agree about how it's personal preference

Not the rotor

Not the rotor meaning, you said every other hopper has eyes or sound signature but, the rotor doesn't. It is completely based of tension of the ball stack.

Gotcha, I was leaning more of it not draining the battery and I was about to laugh inside. Glad you cleared up on mechanics I was not aware of

FEEDBACK!

2 | 0 | 0

#24 bil3336

bil3336

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 04:20 PM

i would go with the Z2, its pretty durable, small, has a rip drive, auto unjam, and look pretty cool (because thats all that matters XD) after having mine i wouldnt go with anything else except maybe trying a spire.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users