• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Liam Brunson

Liam Brunson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:39 PM

I've been playing woodsball for a few years now. I thought about buying and angel al or a smart parts sp1. I'm having a hard time deciding between the two. Would the angel be durable and able to hold up well in the woods or should I get the sp1 for straight woods. I already shoot a mini. Plus theirs an upcoming scenario so I need help deciding quickly. Pros and cons of both would be greatly appreciated.

#2 smurfinator22

smurfinator22

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:51 PM

i'd say go with the G1
its extremely well prices, very easy to operate, smooth, quiet, efficient, easy to maintain and its mikes favourite woodsball marker. 
also if you get the version with the blackheart board, you'll have more modes than you'll ever need and the eyes which is a must.

angel went out of business a while back so parts are getting increasingly hard to find so i would skip the A1

#3 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:52 PM

What made you consider the A1? The SP1 and G1 are excellent tactical markers but there are other electros out there to consider than Angels.

#4 Liam Brunson

Liam Brunson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:55 PM

How do the sp1 run for with and without the black heart. Are many uses gently one for sale
I've seen numerous people use the a1s proficiently in woodsball but not many use the sp1

#5 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:06 PM

I can tell you which one is likely to be more reliable lol
gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#6 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:17 PM

Any marker can be used proficiently in the woods. Id recommend a lot of other electros before an Angel.

#7 Punisher068

Punisher068

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:02 PM

Angels are very nice guns,not recommended for anyone that doesn't have a teammate or buddy familiar with them,sourcing parts can be a pain

I've had a SP1 with and without eyes,while I never had issues without them I recommend getting one with eyes and the Blackheart board.It's got a few extra features including on the fly select fire.Consider getting the G1,basically the same gun but has the option of center or offset feed.You can get pretty good package deals that included Blackheart upgrade,hard case,2 barrel,stock etc if you looking for an all out scenario gun

#8 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,360 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:31 PM

Why not just use the Mini in the woods?

If I had to pick one of the two, it would be the SP1.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#9 vector911

vector911

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:38 AM

I've been an angel tech since 97 and the last A1 I had was such a pain I will never go back. Angels need special tools (gauges, and some lpr/mini reg cartridge removal tools/tricks) to get the most out of them. Last A1, I had all sorted out after dumping money into it, then the ram died lol.

The g1/sp1 on the other hand is pretty simple as long as you have the correct sized orings. I've picked up some of those that leaked simply because the wrong size was used. have not found these to be very happy in temps below 45degrees though. The g1/sp1/vibe/envy are also amazingly quiet. Blackheart boards are a big plus, but the virtue is fine as well. This marker really doesn't need eyes unless your shooting high rates of fire with a slow hopper.

I like efficiency in scenario/woodsball so finding a used vice/protege is usually what I recommend. They also shoot in all temps..

#10 cockerpunk

cockerpunk

All the Dudes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,117 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 10:05 AM

just use your mini in the woods ...

The ultimate truth in paintball is that the interaction between the gun and the player is far and away the largest factor in accuracy, consistency, and reliability.

And yes, Gordon is the sexiest manifestation of "to the front."

#11 Wolfe

Wolfe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 10:30 AM

Unless you're going more mil-sim or gun hoarding, there is no reason not to use the Mini in the woods.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users