• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Sp1ck

Sp1ck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:41 AM

using rps premium gold paintballs with the green detent ring i was getting barrel breaks. removed the detent, no break but rollouts.

switched to freak bored barrel with .684 (blow test) and got breaks. and got rollouts at .687 w/o breaks

my nefew and i were just shooting his new phantom in the backyard to get him use to it before he plays

i dont have a chrono so it was bone stock, fresh from mike's hands. we were using 12g in like 65F temp

my etek shot the same bag fine with the .682 insert

my friends and i thought the paint may be too brittle for the phantom

this is my first phantom expirence and since mine is showing up in a few weeks

i was hoping the awsome techpb commuity could help figure out the issue

P.S. something to make the phantom vets smile

pump the gun quickly or you'll double feed lol

#2 DasJaco

DasJaco

TIGER STYLE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:52 PM

To high of an FPS with to tight of a bore. Seeing as its brand new its unlikely its shooting at the right fps. Try turning down the fps see if it helps. But chrono it when you get to the field. When I got my first phantom I didn't have the chrono tool and I was shooting 110 for FPS, got 2 people out with it though.

Lakeville Ambush #3

DLX Luxe 2.0

Dye Rotor

Ninja 77/4500

#3 The-Phantom

The-Phantom

Rock N' Cock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 06:00 AM

Punkworks testing shows a slight underbore actually leads to less ball breaks - blow test actually splits the most paint, followed by over bore, and last underbore (ie underbore breaks least of any - over/under/blow test)

agree with drainage as well though, a slight lowering of velocity may help reduce the problem, mine have broke paint when cranked up too much, I usually buy marbalizer as it's the best paint for phantoms in my opinion - hard enough shell not to break in barrel at highest playable velocity, but brittle enough to break on opponents

f_oneshotm_05c6b49.jpg
Please feel free to private message me if you have a question about something I've posted!
If you show me an inch, I'll show you the dead-box.

-Brett

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users