• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 mcsaggens

mcsaggens

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:15 PM

I have been playing paintball for a year and i have had a lot of bad luck with the guns ive bought

My first gun the azodin kaos came broken in box. sent it in and it came and was still broken for a total of 2 months and so i was a rental player

Later i realized that since my velocity adjuster was screwed in to much the gun went hay wire and so i have to shoot at 250fps

My second gun i bought was a used mini which also broke. After a little bit of play the regulator stopped holding air and refused to shoot. Sent it in came back and still did not work. And so i fixed it myself and am now trying to sell it because it will happen again

I borrowed a dp fx from a friend and the bolt broke in half......

Anyways, as of now i have an empire 48 45k tank, a halo too (which i might upgrade to a rotor), a Jt Spectra (which is comfortable) and all the little things, ( squegees, allen keys, pants elbow pads etc.)

Im looking for an efficient spool valve or inline poppet that is quiet.

Looking at 450 dollars and under and cant buy used 

Advice? tell from personal experience because i dont want ANOTHER broken gun

Thanks

#2 beaty0827

beaty0827

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:19 PM

sounds like you should get a used axe off trademygun. they come with a warranty. Inline poppet that can be tuned to shoot like a super for  340 ish

use the money you save to buy a better hopper.

used rotor or a pinokio speed 

Edited by beaty0827, 21 February 2014 - 10:21 PM.

#3 meh

meh

Screw you guys, I'm goin' home

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:47 PM

Axe. Right around your budget and its a gun that you can beat the crap out of. Do maintenance and such but ive rarely heard any axes broken out of the box. The only problem with the axe is that the air through grip has had bending issues (someone correct me)....i havent had any personal experience with this and its rare but you should know. I don't recommend getting a better hopper because the invert too is a great loader. If you do buy used or find a cheap price, buy a good pair of pants! Plus empire covers everything in regards to broken guns... happy hunting!

Meh

#4 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,845 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:06 PM

Axe. Right around your budget and its a gun that you can beat the crap out of. Do maintenance and such but ive rarely heard any axes broken out of the box. The only problem with the axe is that the air through grip has had bending issues (someone correct me)....i havent had any personal experience with this and its rare but you should know. I don't recommend getting a better hopper because the invert too is a great loader. If you do buy used or find a cheap price, buy a good pair of pants! Plus empire covers everything in regards to broken guns... happy hunting!

The only way to damage the bottom end of the air transfer tube is by user error. Simply take your time when disassembling that part of the gun and you'll be fine.

#5 meh

meh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:25 PM

The only way to damage the bottom end of the air transfer tube is by user error. Simply take your time when disassembling that part of the gun and you'll be fine.

There we go. I was somewhat close.

Meh

#6 mcsaggens

mcsaggens

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:54 PM

Like i said i cant get used so i dont know if it would be worth buying an axe new. Lets just say i can't get an axe what would u recommend then

would the 2012 reflex rail or rail maxxed be a good idea?

#7 Old Dude PB

Old Dude PB

Safety third.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 12:08 AM

If you're looking for an efficient spool, the Rails are not what you want. They're not bad guns...just gas hogs.

#8 meh

meh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 12:28 AM

Like i said i cant get used so i dont know if it would be worth buying an axe new. Lets just say i can't get an axe what would u recommend then

would the 2012 reflex rail or rail maxxed be a good idea?

well the second best gun new imo would be the rail maxxed, but i urge you to reconsider the axe.

Meh

#9 beaty0827

beaty0827

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 01:31 PM

honestly used axes are already broken in and with trademygun warranty you can return if there is any problem with it. But i do have a 08 pmr and its amazingly smooth. a big gas hog only get around 5 pods on my stubby. And that is with me bore matching my paint too. I also have the only DP gun I have never heard any negative ffedback from. It's a Fusion F7 and i Love it as well.DP has them for 350 on their site. A small vibration when im shooting ropes but its super durable and maintenance is easy. If you have a 48/4500 and you can keep geting air i would say you could get away with the maxxed. A big gas hog as they said, but if you are ok with only getting likr 4 or 5 pods. 

I have a PMR and i (jus bought a used axe). 

#10 Talucci

Talucci

Canadian Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 01:57 PM

Axe or V1 Victory

#11 mcsaggens

mcsaggens

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 12:55 AM

Looks i got myself an axe thanks guys. 

#12 RadioactiveRampagePB

RadioactiveRampagePB

D5/D4 Player for Pekin Prestige

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 11:49 AM

Axe is the best way to go or used supergun you could get an ego 8-10 for $400-$500 or ego 11 for that price, maybe.

Check out Battlefield 217 Paintball and ANSgear!

https://www.facebook...eld217Paintball

www.ansgear.com

#13 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 01:49 PM

It sounds like the decision has already been made, but if someone else ducks into this thread, the two most efficient spools - by a large margin - in the price range are the MacDev Drone DX and the Tippmann Crossover.  Both should have comparable or better efficiency than an Empire Axe, and both will shoot smoother than an Empire Axe.  The other variables that would differentiate the Drone and Crossover from the Axe are all preferential or cosmetic (including but not limited to: grip angle, grip material, barrel length, trigger feel, sound signature, programming path) except maintenance, which maybe favors the Crossover but is otherwise a wash.  Oh, and price, which is also just slightly cheaper for the Drone DX and Crossover XVR compared to a new Axe.

(EDIT: Whoops! Forgot how it handles paint, which is going to slightly favor the Axe over a Crossover or Drone DX.)

Edited by unfated33, 24 February 2014 - 01:51 PM.

Happiness... is a warm mechanical marker

Mechanical Marker Fan: Azodin Kaos-D / Tippmann Crossover

#14 Mogi

Mogi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 03:32 AM

Mine bent and ive never taken apart that part of the gun

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users