• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Bigman3

Bigman3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 11:05 AM

They're about the same price, the inspire is used but is electric. However, the inspire can't use co2

#2 Bigman3

Bigman3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 06:00 PM

??

#3 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,698 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 06:24 PM

If you can only drop $150 or less get an enmey. Amazing consistency, light trigger, light weight, can use co2 in a pinch, easy maintenance.

There is really nothing more to desire in the sub $200 new category, heck I even sold my 98 custom for the new milsim enmey. Gog really out done themselves on the enmey
gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#4 meh

meh

Screw you guys, I'm goin' home

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 08:10 PM

Do you have to use co2? any way just go with what get.lit.up said. Hes on point about the enmey.

Meh

If you're under 18 and pay for your own stuff, put this in your signature.

#5 Old Dude PB

Old Dude PB

Safety third.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 08:46 PM

If you absolutely need a new electro for $200, the eXTCy with the Blackheart board would probably be your best bet.

#6 Bigman3

Bigman3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 10:01 PM

Not sure if this changes your opinion or not but there's a BFG on ebay for $115. Still the eNMEy?

#7 Bigman3

Bigman3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 11:41 PM

Hey, just a quick thought. I have heard talk that the BFG is prone to a lot of problems (chopping paint, air leaks) and that got me worried. The guns I own now are tippmann's which are relatively low maintenance. Will I have problems with the BFG?

#8 gibbeepbroxzor

gibbeepbroxzor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 12:09 AM

The BFG was a lot of gun for not much money when it came out. The fact of the matter is that the newer guns at that price point are of a lot better quality. The BFG is simple in operation, but complicated in setup/design. Also, it is made of rather cheap components in comparison to say the enmey or extcy.

#9 Bigman3

Bigman3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 03:58 PM

Thanks for the info.

Alright, I'm probably gonna get a gog enemy but one last question. So, if I buy a used inspire BFG from ebay, what are the chances that I will have a problem with it?

#10 Punisher068

Punisher068

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 01:45 PM

I've been playing since 95,seen almost ever marker imaginable,had to Google this one

My advice on buying ANY marker,if it's uncommon and there isn't much info available or its discontinued don't buy it unless your have the resources to tinker with it or track down parts and info

Love the name though

#11 Bigman3

Bigman3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:41 PM

Ok, thanks for the advice. Gonna stay away from the BFG. Might go for a used smart parts sp8 cause it uses ion internals and those are still readily available

#12 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:02 PM

I'd avoid it. All plastic, and it's an ion inside a plastic shell. Maintenence will be a pain and it will be large and clunky. Stuff will break. I'd recommend sticking to the enmey. It's one of the greatest buys in the under 200 price range new, and used if not counting mega old superguns.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#13 Punisher068

Punisher068

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:56 PM

I'm an Ion guy and have a few SP8s,agree with orange chicken,unless you plan on modding it for a Ion XE BOB like I've done maintenance is a real PITA and the feedneck area is prone to cracks.I've reinforced a few of mine with plastic putty and even put a Ripclips on one.

If you're looking for an inexpensive milsim gun that shoots great and is upgradeable I'd recommends a SP1\G1.Spend the extra $ and get the Blackheart board and eyed breech.Enemy's are also a great choice if you like mech guns

#14 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,055 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 03:08 PM

Its not actually an ion in a body kit. Its based on the WGP MG7, so its a dump-valve based spool similar to a dangerous power G3.

Maintenance isn't too hard actually, you don't have to do it very often at all. 

The problem with the BFG was that they were not reliable at all. I still have mine, and whenever I air it up it leaks a lot and won't fire.

Even just out of the box they often have problems.

If you are interested in a cheap milsim marker like the BFG I would suggest the sp1 / G1. They perform just a bit better and are a whole lot more reliable.

However if you're not dead set on a realistic looking gun then get the enmy or a used Vibe, Envy or Extcy.

#15 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,698 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:56 PM

Op you do sound relatively new, so save the hassle with the possibility of the bfg Breaking and just get an enmey.

You will honestly not need to buy another marker unless you wanted electronic to play tournaments.

Even a guy that recently retired from the semipro and pro scene (from impact and impact echo) who attended the tech course back when they released it even said it's a freaking awesome mech marker.

Honestly the best gun imo that you can buy today at $130 new, $100 used.

Still outperforms my axe and Ego in terms of consistency underbored. Vs over bored enmey, which says volumes. Also my enmey has literally been the marker I've kept the longest in my current group of markers
gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#16 DjPLaTiNuM

DjPLaTiNuM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:24 AM

I agree with everyones comments, I'm fairly new to paintball myself but I do know buying guns on Ebay is a bad idea. Had at least two friends burned because the guns weren't operational and had to dump more money just to get them firing. As for the eNMy, it's a great gun for the price and I ended up getting the eXTCy for a couple dollars more because it got such great reviews for price, reliability, consistency and overall value. Good luck and happy hunting!

#17 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 12:19 AM

To be honest, as long as you know what you're buying, and ask the right things (basically using common sense), Ebay isn't that bad to get guns from. I got an empire tracer and an old centerfeed vertical automag off of ebay and it came in in near perfect condition.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users