• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 jfacfan16

jfacfan16

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 06:45 PM

Hey everyone. I'm new to this forum (this being my 1st post ever). I decided to sign up here because I've actually run into some technical difficulties with my new gun. Here goes:

I recently purchased an Angel A1 Fly on eBay. It was a ridiculous price (650$ for the marker, a dye mask, an energy 4500 psi tank and Rotor autoloader). Needless to say, I bought it without hesitation, seeing as the Angel guns aren't cheap. To my dismay, I've noticed some problems... However, I'm determined to fix it. Which is why I need some help. Here's what's wrong:

1) A side pin at the exit of the gun (or start of the cannon, whichever is better to use), which I imagine is the ball detent (please correct me if I'm wrong), is broken (see below). The black plastic piece that leads to the pin is cracked. For obvious reasons, this worries me. I would like to know if this is a minor or major problem and if the piece can be replaced. The gun still fires, but I fear that if I don't tend to it soon, it might get worse.

2) This is more of a paranoid question if you will. The o-rings seem to be "glued" to the insides of the treads. Is this due to long-term compression with the lubricant, or is this a sign that the o-ring are due to be changed?

I am new to these kinds of guns (ex-owner of a Tippman 98 custom), so any and all help and advice would be strongly appreciated.

Thanks!Attached File  fly a1.png   499.22KB   0 downloads

Edited by jfacfan16, 23 February 2014 - 06:47 PM.

#2 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,970 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 06:49 PM

Is it possible to get an actual pic of the problem? It's hard to tell if you're talking about the detents or eye covers. As for the o-rings, what specific o-rings are you referring to?

Also, Angel has been out of business for a couple years now, so replacement parts will be hard to come by if they can be found at all.

Here's a link to the manual so you can read up on the gun and familiarize yourself with the parts and names: https://docs.google....YTE4/edit?hl=en

Edited by andrewthewookie, 23 February 2014 - 06:53 PM.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT 09 Impulse HB REV-i Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor Grillz PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

Closer & Angel A1 F/S/T

#3 jfacfan16

jfacfan16

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:06 PM

Thanks for the link. After reviewing the names of the parts, it's the eye cover that is cracked (the piece that holds the rubber finger detent in place), right on the corner of the gun. Now that I know that angel is discontinued and that the parts are scarce, is something as simple as an eye cover replaceable or even repairable? It's simply a piece of plastic and I thought about gluing it together, but somebody told me that it might affect the ribbon under the cover if glue were to come into contact with it. 

I thought I was making a good buy, but now I see that I might have to put a bit of money on it after all. I hope that I can at least get a little positive feedback.

I'm still unable to post photos :/ I'll see what I can do.

#4 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 21,970 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:09 PM

The glue shouldn't affect the eye wires underneath. You can take out the eyes, glue the eye covers, then when the glue is dry put the eyes back in just in case though.

And even though Angel is out of business and parts are no longer being made, you have one of the more recent guns, so you're not out of luck just yet.

Edited by andrewthewookie, 25 February 2014 - 07:11 PM.

Closer & Angel A1 F/S/T

#5 jfacfan16

jfacfan16

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:09 PM

Also, about the o-rings, I removed the velocity adjustor screw on the foregrip and on the inside, I noticed that the o-ring was out of place. The old owner said that a few of the o-rings might have to be changed, so I tried taking it out and it was practically sealed to the bottom of the thread. Maybe I'm just paranoid...

#6 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 21,970 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:12 PM

Does it leak at all? If it doesn't leak and works fine, I'd not worry about them just yet, IMO.

Closer & Angel A1 F/S/T

#7 jfacfan16

jfacfan16

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:24 PM

when I screw in the air tank, it hisses from the foregrip, so yeah I'm assuming it needs to be changed.

Here's a pic of the broken eye cover:

IMG_03120b8.JPG

#8 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 21,970 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:31 PM

Yeah, then that o-ring definitely needs to be dealt with, lol. Do you have an o-ring pick or anything you can try to pick out the o-ring with? As for the eye cover, that looks like it can be salvaged with a careful application of superglue.

Closer & Angel A1 F/S/T

#9 jfacfan16

jfacfan16

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:38 PM

Yeah I have been able to remove the o-ring with ease. It's pretty finished, but I got the angel repair kit with the gun and some spare rings, so I'll get that fixed. I'll try fixing the cover with glue like you say. I'll post back with results. Thanks a lot for your help Andrew :)

#10 jfacfan16

jfacfan16

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:53 PM

Been having some more trouble with the regulator and with the eye ribbon cover: The gun still leaks air once the tank is screwed in. I decided to change all the o-ring just to be safe, but I ran out, so I ordered a new set that should come in in a few days. The eye ribbon cover, however, cannot be salvaged. I tried superglue on 3 separate occasions and every time I fired the gun, the arm broke off and it's back to square one. Now my biggest problem is finding this piece on the internet. It's practically extinct. I've found only one seller on eBay, but he doesn't ship to Canada and cannot be contacted for some reason. I mainly need to find a way to replace this piece, or else I fear that my entire gun will be useless.

Any and all answers would be appreciated. Thank you.

Edited by jfacfan16, 14 April 2014 - 10:54 PM.

#11 eastcoastangel

eastcoastangel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 03:55 PM

Let me know if you need help, I run eastcoastangel out of cape cod mass. your parts are sitting in a bin I have here and I do ship to canada. Let me know what I can do for you.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Angel, A1 Fly, tech, technical, problems, difficulties, help

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users