• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ckiely27

ckiely27

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:10 PM

Ok guys and gals here goes how do you think the new cyborg 6 will stand up to what I consider the best poppet valve gun of all time the LV1 let break it down to 4 different categories 1: cosmetics i.e. looks 2: smoothness of shot 3: reliability 4: customization what I mean is which one will be more usable for all different styles of play and different players. And Ok for argument sake I will start with one thought I feel the biggest and best innovation to date to the poppet valve gun comes from Planet Eclipse with the introduction of the lever valve on the lv1 that's just my thought, would love to hear what everyone else thinks, thanks everyone and I'm looking forward reading your thoughts!!!!!

#2 ckiely27

ckiely27

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:19 PM

And before anyone thinks I'm hating every other company except P.E. I'm not I love other manufacturers they bring along new ideas and new trends so I love every manufacturer out there except zodiac

#3 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,144 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:23 PM

I find the LV1 to extremely overrated. Sure its nice, but it all around doesn't live up to the hype surrounding it, just like I find all Planet Eclipse guns. The best part about the Lv1 by far is the ergonomics. The rest is pretty much meh. They sacrifice everything for reliability. I feel the Lv1 could be a much better gun if they didn't focus solely on reliability. In my opinion a Victory is a much better poppet valved gun than the Lv1, and I have a feeling that the Cyborg 6 will be a better marker.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#4 ckiely27

ckiely27

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:47 PM

Never owned a victory shot one but never owned one so who nows if the victory was set up right? I do however own a lv1 and I have it set up perfect I'm a tinkerer so hence the reason I have the lv1 but before the lv1 had a geo 3 and can say with certainty that my lv1 shoots better then that. I will argue that pe guns are not over rated, dms were up to 13 not sure about the 14s didn't have the chance to shoot one yet. But back to poppets how is your victory as far as sound is it quiet as say some spoolies?

#5 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,296 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:33 PM

I find the LV1 to extremely overrated. Sure its nice, but it all around doesn't live up to the hype surrounding it, just like I find all Planet Eclipse guns. The best part about the Lv1 by far is the ergonomics. The rest is pretty much meh. They sacrifice everything for reliability. I feel the Lv1 could be a much better gun if they didn't focus solely on reliability. In my opinion a Victory is a much better poppet valved gun than the Lv1, and I have a feeling that the Cyborg 6 will be a better marker.

Sacrifice everything for reliability? The LV1 needs more attention than any Ego before it by far (not to say thats a lot though). Every LV1 Ive shot save one has shot better than Geo 3s or G6Rs and when tuned theyre still pretty efficient.

#6 xmagman

xmagman

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:05 AM

Ive shot a couple LV1s and they shoot alight.  As for your categories:

1: cosmetics:  I think the LV1 is ugly.  The pipe thingy makes the gun look unfinished and unrefined.  Almost like they took the gun straight from a prototype and brought it to production.  I know Jack Wood doesnt like the idea of going macroless because he thinks it is a liability.  I would argue that every other high end company has got on board except for PE.  PE is behind the curveball here...they can put as much rubber as they want on the gun but the LV1 is still ugly. 

The Cyborg 6...the lines make it look tough, industrial...like it means business.  Although the silouette isnt exactly original the details make it a unique looking gun.  It has rubber in the right places and all of the air passages are internal.  So here the Cyborg is a win.

2: smoothness of shot:  The LV1 is smoother than any Ego before it, hands down.  The smoothest poppet out there?  That is arguable.  I had a Vice that would give the LV1 a run for its money.  There are many other guns that are more than capable of competing with the LV1 in this area.

The Cyborg has always been known for its smooth shot.  I have no doubt the Cyborg 6 will be a very smooth shooting gun.  Will it be smoother or just as smooth as an LV1?  That remains to be seen.  Winner:  TBD

3: reliability:  PE has always placed reliability at the top of their list when it comes to their guns.  They are simple, rugged, and require little attention. 

MacDev, it seems, places reliability on the ability of the user to do proper maintenance.  While no gun will work forever without maintenance PE guns can go a bit longer.  MacDev guns are a little more sophisticated and refined in this area.  So they require more TLC.  I think of it like a Mustang (PE) vs a Lambo (MacDev).  Winner:  PE when it comes to neglecting the gun (unless the user does proper maintenance on their MacDev gun)

4: customization:  You can take any gun and use it on any field.  Speedball guns shoot just as well in the woods and in scenario games as they do on the speedball field.  And woodsball guns can do the same on the speedball field.  It has more to do with the preferences and abilties of the user than any of the equipment they may be using.  Winner:  Both

Edited by xmagman, 24 February 2014 - 08:06 AM.

-X

Shooting MacDev guns since 2006!

#7 SOUP

SOUP

Uber Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,649 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 01:43 PM

My past borgs shot better than any ego I've ever shot or owned. I'd put my 06 and my 07 borg up there with the lv1. They were more efficient than the lv1, just as quiet, smooth, and reliable. However, the lv1 was much lighter and better feeling in the hands, plus it has the LCD display and came with a better feedneck, asa, and some other features as well. Which should be expected really, going from an 06- 07 marker to something more recently made, such as the lv1.

I like where Planet Eclipse took the ego line and I'm glad after 8 or so years they finally made it right, almost, IMO. I see a few things that could be done to make the lv1 absolutely amazing, but overall it's a great marker and they're going in the right direction with the ego line finally.

As for the new Cyborg, I'm impressed with all the features so far.There is no doubt in my mind it'll be a fantastic marker. You'd almost have to be a past borg owner to realize how awesome they are and to understand how much more refined this one is going to be. Everything from he lpr and hpr pressure sensors, to the eye/ board contact pad, lpr and hpr placement, new grips, barrel kit, soft face bolt, new trigger, feedneck, etc... It's going to be quite nice.

"Silence is a plus, violence is a must"-Tupac

---Indiana Baller---

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users