#1 G.I. Employee1

G.I. Employee1

• Professional Player
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:53 PM

Header_zps5fa376f4.jpg

New Magfed Tactical Compact Rifle

The new Magfed TCR using the TiPX platform has many features beyond a typical mod kit. The TCR includes a new Tru-Feed 12-ball extended magazine that is First Strike compatible, a new easy access cam-locking system for 12g CO2 cartridges and a factory installed drop-down remote-line adapter. It is a modular compact design that is modifiable and can be converted to a traditional hopper style marker. Of course the TCR can also use the 20-ball Zetamag making this marker versatile and affordable.

Check out our latest blog for more information on the new TCR plus other new products including a low cost mag fed conversion kit for the 98 Custom and a new airsoft gun that offers full-auto performance without batteries.

New from Tippmann http://tipp.mn/qD56

TCR-poster_zpsdf4fdf79.jpg

#2 sarix0

sarix0

❤ Mizore ❤

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 03:14 AM

Alrighty, So im just browsing around on le ansgear, looking at all the lovely things I can't afford, and happened to notice a lil something in the bottom corner of the page on the new products list.

600x270-magfed.jpg

So yeah, apparently this is a thing. Heres the specs I digged up from Tippmanns website. Copied Directly:

-----------------------------

Magfed Tactical Compact Rifle (TCR)

The new Tactical Compact Rifle or TCR, is designed as a versatile, reliable and affordable magfed option for the serious magfed player. The four key features include a versatile magazine system of three mags, two air sources, a compact modular design and the ability to convert into a standard hopper feed marker.

http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded

The TCR is built on the already successful TiPX platform and utilizes the Tru-Feed 7-Ball magazine, a new Tru-Feed 12-ball extended magazine that is First Strike compatible, and the popular 20-round Zetamag.  The unique, easy access cam-locking system for 12g CO2 cartridges allows one handed loading from the left or right side, hidden behind the Picatinny rails. In addition, it also comes with a factory installed drop-down remote-line adapter.

The design also features a modular stock for future upgrades to an air in-stock design. 

The TCR has a compact military, realistic look that is easy to upgrade with four Picatinny rails and modular components, for further customization.  It also includes folding front and rear sights, a folding vertical front grip and an 11” high performance barrel. 

Finally, for the ultimate in versatility, the TCR can be converted to use a standard hopper feed for non-magfed play. It truly is the most versatile magfed marker available today and is backed by Tippmann’s unrivaled 2 year Warranty and customer service.

The new TCR comes complete with a 7-ball and 12-ball extended magazine and will be available later this year at a suggested retail of $349.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, They gave a nice preview of a customization kit for the 98 Custom and a few other markers to make them magfed.

Again, copied Directly from the page:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

98 Custom Magfed Conversion Kit

For players looking for an economical way to play a magfed game and build their strategic and tactical skills, the new 98 Custom Magfed Conversion Kit is the answer.

98%20magfed%20sheet%201.JPG

This kit fits all 98 custom markers plus all US Army and TPN markers that use the 98 quick-release feed elbow. The kit includes a Mag Adapter and two Tru-Feed 7-ball magazines. It is compatible with the Tru-Feed 12-ball extended magazine and the 20-round Zetamag. 

You can quickly switch back and forth between magfed and hopper-fed configurations depending on the style of play desired. With this new economical way to join magfed-only games, the Magfed category is sure to grow even faster.

The 98 Custom Magfed Conversion Kit will come with two 7-ball Tru-Feed magazines will be out later this year at a suggested retail price of $49.

http://www.youtube.c...ayer_detailpage

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE tell me I'm not the only one who had SMG-60 on the brain watching that video? Kinda seems like a throw-back to the old days, lol.

The TCR looks kinda cool. Sorta liked a pimped out TPX. Some interesting features, including the hidden remote line, and being able to access the CO2 cartridge from either side is cool.

Apparently these were released and on display at Paintball Extravaganza on the 24th. Really getting sick of not being able to attend these things. :(

What do you guys think?

*Discuss*

Information copied from: http://paintball.tip...s-from-Tippmann

Posted Image
You wanna see my black / purple NT11 with Mizore lasered On It? TOO DAMN BAD.

#3 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,657 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:05 PM

Looks like the only metal parts on it are the barrel and screws, I'm heartbroken. If it were metal it would be an instabuy.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#4 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,899 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 03:15 PM

98 Mag adapter eh?  Might compete with the ole SMG68 for a sten gun feel with some zetamags!

#5 the Vampire

the Vampire

I want to be agg like Kevin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:55 PM

This got me thinking about a first strike 98c. lol

http://www.techpb.co...y/#entry3326107

AndrewTheWookie: just think of all the star wars movies coming up too

AndrewTheWookie: we are truly in the golden age of cinema

#6 henchman

henchman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:54 PM

A Tipx in a body kit for $349.

Yawn.

It doesn't hold a candle to the milsig M17

#7 Exile308

Exile308

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:17 PM

I know why they went the route they went.  But I wish they had done a phenom based Mag fed marker

#8 ragu

ragu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:40 PM

Tcr pass rather use just a tpx believe it or not,  98 conversion is very intresting I heard someone on mcb might have done one before.  Smg 68 feel is a definate bonus.

Edited by ragu, 25 February 2014 - 11:16 PM.

Watch my Paintball Music Video Mag-fed chain-fed action

Walk Away Paintball Music Video:

https://www.youtube....h?v=a9UzZUCgkqI

#9 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:56 PM

Plenty of people have done mag fed 98's. I'm just glad to see one that is readily available in a retail setting.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#10 Mogi

Mogi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 04:51 AM

The question is what are you really getting fo 100 bucks other than a heavier marker. The coversion kit sounds awesome though especially if you already have your old 98 in the closet. To bad I sold mine

pew pew pew

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Tippmann, TCR, Magfed, 98 custom, Tacital Compact Rifle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users