#1 meh

meh

Screw you guys, I'm goin' home

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:22 PM

Features
  • New Rubber Grips - The GS Mini has a new rubber foregrip cover and re-designed trigger frame grip for superior handling with or without gloves.
  • New Regulator/ ASA - The GS series comes with a new low profile regulator with a lever actuated on - off ASA. No more chewed up O-rings when you least need it!
  • Weatherized Board and Housing - New weatherproof rubber membranes over the board's foregrip housing and buttons prevent moisture from reaching the marker's electronics.
  • New 2 Screw Size Design - The engineers at Empire reduced the number of Allen screw sizes in the Mini GS to just two. No more hunting for the right Allen key; just two and you're good to go!
  • Microswitch Trigger Activation - The Mini GS boasts a new microswitch over the Hall Effect system for a fast and positive interface with your fingers.
  • Delrin Trigger Bushing - A new self-lubricating bushing reduces friction for a smooth trigger pull.
  • Stronger Clamping Feed Neck - A new glass-filled nylon composite feed neck with aluminum clamping lever is both stronger and lighter than the previous metal feed neck.
  • Classic Mini Compatible - The Empire Mini GS accepts all your favorite classic Mini internal upgrades and components.

You guys think this might prompt an "upgraded" axe (even though it is a perfectly good marker with little to no outstanding flaws?

Pics taken from pbn.

1656350_10153815981115251_895759044_n.jp

1795564_10153815956335251_1474300184_n.j

1505435_10153815958740251_2034922783_n.j

998157_10153815972735251_1045096691_n.jp

Edited by meh, 26 February 2014 - 10:37 PM.

Meh

If you're under 18 and pay for your own stuff, put this in your signature.

#2 RadioactiveRampagePB

RadioactiveRampagePB

D5/D4 Player for Pekin Prestige

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:58 PM

It's an axe without the tooless bolt.  It's $5 more then the Mini FS amd SE, which are the only ones in stock other then the black mini that's $325.  I'd like to try it out becasue I have a Mini and an Axe, so I'm hoping to try it out some time soon.

Check out Battlefield 217 Paintball and ANSgear!

https://www.facebook...eld217Paintball

www.ansgear.com

#3 Village Idiot

Village Idiot

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:46 PM

I really, really like this. I initially chose my MINI because I have smaller hands and I liked the way the marker felt to me. After shooting my friend's Axe, I saw what the big deal was and I was really close to trading up to an Axe. Now I can get all the features I like about his Axe, minus the toolless bolt, but still keep my little gun that I liked so much. And if the price on ANS is even close to right, I may not have to trade at all. I might be able to keep my other MINI so I can have friends play with me, from time to time. This is freakin' sweet, to me. I wonder if the traditional MINI haters are gonna give a little for the GS?

Supreme and terrible Ra who maketh god and men tremble before Thee
I am counted amongst legions of the unrighteous who dread not being immersed in pits of fire

Those Whom the Gods Detest - Nile

#4 SAHeatpb

SAHeatpb

Yeah let's go with this

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:00 PM

Looks nice and all but I'd still rather buy a used axe.

Edited by SAHeatpb, 26 February 2014 - 09:02 PM.

#5 meh

meh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:29 PM

I'm thinking they might update the Axe in the sense that they will add the sticky grips onto the foregrip and that the board button would become larger like on the gs. It's a tiny button when using gloves IMO.

Meh

#6 mcsaggens

mcsaggens

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:54 PM

i hope they add that fore grip to the axe. The rivets, grips, and big button look very appealing... to bad i just got an axe..... 4 days ago... brand new (/゚Д゚)/

Edit: will the fore grip and board on the gs fit the axe? that would be sick

Edited by mcsaggens, 26 February 2014 - 10:06 PM.

#7 stygshore

stygshore

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:31 PM

NO, if you look, the new Min CS has a one piece lower assembly

Styg

#8 meh

meh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:36 PM

i hope they add that fore grip to the axe. The rivets, grips, and big button look very appealing... to bad i just got an axe..... 4 days ago... brand new (/゚Д゚)/

Edit: will the fore grip and board on the gs fit the axe? that would be sick

Yea styg is right. It seems like a one piece assembly regarding the board and grips. I doubt theyll release an axe anytime soon though. If they were, i think that they would have at extravaganza with the mini. 

Meh

#9 meh

meh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:43 PM

It's an axe without the tooless bolt.  It's $5 more then the Mini FS amd SE, which are the only ones in stock other then the black mini that's $325.  I'd like to try it out becasue I have a Mini and an Axe, so I'm hoping to try it out some time soon.

Yea but the fs and se are just color scheme changes. Considering you are getting an on/off asa (worth 80$ for the relay asa upgrade), and a better clamping feedneck and i heard a 14'barrel? The total upgrade cost to a normal mini would be about 100 bucks if not more, putting the total at like 425 bucks. The GS is 375. Its good competition to the etha and rail maxxed.

Meh

#10 Punisher068

Punisher068

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 02:37 PM

No hall effect trigger is a HUGE +,the only thing I've seen wrong with Minis was the horrible trigger

#11 Slu

Slu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 02:42 PM

How is the bolt removed? Is it still a removal of grip frame screw then pull out he bolt or have they changed how the bolt is removed?

Edited by Slu, 01 March 2014 - 05:52 PM.

#12 Justbunkeredyou

Justbunkeredyou

That one airballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 05:34 PM

So why get an AXE now? The only benifit is its margenaly longer and has the toolless bolt. This seems much better.

#13 r45vt

r45vt

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 06:39 PM

So why get an AXE now? The only benifit is its margenaly longer and has the toolless bolt. This seems much better.

Axe's don't have this horrible color combination.  The larger frame is needed for some people.

#14 hyoung41

hyoung41

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 03:06 PM

Axe's don't have this horrible color combination.  The larger frame is needed for some people.

I actually liked the orange/grey and the black/gold. They might have other colors too that they haven't released/brought to PBE

#15 Ravenstylea2

Ravenstylea2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 11:24 PM

Want the ghost gray and orange one. Looks murderous!!

Posted Image

You betta Axe somebody!!!

#16 Pvlacrosse14

Pvlacrosse14

Indians Football OG #67

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 10:24 AM

If only the orange one had black grips
My Setup- 2k11 G6R, Virtue Spire 260, Ninja Pro V2 68/45, Empire Events, 2013 NXE Elevation

#17 optimisticmuffin

optimisticmuffin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 12:11 PM

I really dont like how minis feel, too small, but Im going to have to say this one looks a lot better.

#18 scpb5696

scpb5696

Non-member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 12:13 PM

the axe will still be better though and since you can find them used for less than $300 i don't see a reason to buy the mini gs, it is still the axes little brother and it will still shoot like a mini compared to the axe

"It costs me more than $3,000 to play paintball every year, therefore I'd get a used highend for around $300- $600 and use the rest towards paint, gas, food, hotel costs, alcohol, and cheap hookers." SOUP on March 31, 2014

#19 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 11:11 PM

I got to hold one of these. For sure felt a lot better than the older minis without a doubt. Then got threatened into not selling an Ego to buy one... Bought a Geo that evening
gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#20 meh

meh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 04:58 PM

the axe will still be better though and since you can find them used for less than $300 i don't see a reason to buy the mini gs, it is still the axes little brother and it will still shoot like a mini compared to the axe

some people might not like used stuff, even though thats a little absurd.

Meh

#21 F0urTw3nt33

F0urTw3nt33

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 04:35 PM

Just bought a used axe off Craigslist for 260 the other day for my dad to play with me when he comes to visit as we live in different states now. I threw his old spyder in the trash. Thing is broken in and shoots money. Olive/brown he loves it. Lol. Threw an extra rotor and 68/45 on for him and he had a blast all day. I just can't see the reason for anyone buying a gs unless your hands are the size of a child's. And you feel the need to spend 120 usd more than I for something that will shoot worse.

Edited by F0urTw3nt33, 08 April 2014 - 04:36 PM.

#22 Caboosanaitor

Caboosanaitor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 12:38 PM

Though buying new markers are nice, a newish player like me, might like to buy something used from an experienced player, meaning that the marker is already tuned and ready to kick but, if you buy it used from somebody expierenced :0

#23 Ranger

Ranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 12:16 PM

No hall effect trigger is a HUGE +,the only thing I've seen wrong with Minis was the horrible trigger

^this

The Relay was obviously the most important update but before better grips and feedneck I would have liked to see a better trigger. I still haven't updated mine and its a sad wiggly little tigger

A.E.K.Δ.B.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users