• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Snoopwolf

Snoopwolf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:55 PM

Hi, i'm pretty new to this forum and i got into paintball about a year ago and i already own some paintball gear. The current gear i have is pretty oriented for woodsball/recball:

I have an A5 (yeah i'm not that original) and i was told it was a pretty good marker and its true but i had to upgrade it a bit to get satisfied and i think i spent too much on it getting stuck into that milsim thing...anyways.

I also have a pretty decent mask, Vforce Profiler with ninja black thermal lens wich i don't plan to replace since its perfect to me.

I have the TechT iFit precision boring kit that i could use eventually for another marker if needed (only probably need to get another adapter for different marker).

I don't have a huge tank 48/3000 because i thought a was never going to need a bigger tank and that i could easily fill it at full capacity with my scuba tank (3000psi) when playing at summer house.

So after some paintball experiences, watching alot of paintball videos (milsim/recball/woodsball/speedball...) and regretting a bit after spending too much money on my marker, i realised that it would be nice to have some more versatile gear so i can also play speedball but playing speedball with an A5... i wouldn't like to even think about it. So i went on the famous internet to look for some gear, reviews, budget baller ideas, speedball, name them all! I haven't quite found any anwser, well actually i found so many of them i was confused.

What i wanted to know is how do yo get into speedball? Yes of course i need more gear its pretty obvious but i see many markers on the market and i don't know where to go. I don't want to spend to much but i don't want crap too. Here's what i though about for starting gear:

Ninja carbon fiber tank 68/4500 with adjustable reg sells about 160$ (i heard they were great tanks)

Now for the marker at first i was looking at the Azodin Blitz but i wasn't quite convinced. It was around 170$ wich isn't bad but i wasn't sure if it would be that good so i though about saving a bit more to get the GOG eXTCy with the balckhearth wich is sold for around 200$ in special. Saw some video footages about it and it seemed great. What do you think?

Lets talk about the loader. Yeah i know the Dye Rotor and the Empire Prophecy are pretty good but i think they are pretty expensives. Therefore i thought about getting the Valken V-Max wich looks a bit like the Rotor but can be bought around 70$.

At the moment its all i have figured out and i wanted to get any advice, comment, good or bad (yeah i know i made mistakes but i guess i'll learn it the hard way) to help me getting the right stuff. I would prefer to keep the gear i already own for when i would be in a more milsim/woodsball/tippman challenge mood and have more versatile gear to get into speedball and more if possible.

I set my budget at 500$ but i can rise it if im missing something or you convince me its worth it. All the prices you see are from ANSgear.com since my local paintball suppliers have higher prices for the same stuff. It would be really appreciated if you can give me any tip about the sport itself since i never played speedball.

Thank you for your time

Snoopwolf from Canada

#2 Old Dude PB

Old Dude PB

Safety third.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:05 PM

If you're willing to buy used, $500 can buy you a great speedball setup. $100 for a used Rotor, $100 for a used 68/45 tank, and $300 for a gun, either a new mid-range (eXTCy, Rail, Mini, etc.) or any of a wide variety of used high ends. I have a PM8 and an Alias, both bought used. Love them both, and I don't think I sacrificed anything except that new car smell. Welcome to TechPB.

#3 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,797 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:13 PM

The V-max may look vaguely like the Rotor but there are nothing alike. If you are willing to buy used OldDudesPB's suggestions are what I would echo.

#4 Snoopwolf

Snoopwolf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:25 PM

Ok so buying some used gear couldn't be bad yes i could do that. I know some people sale paintball gear on this forum but is it a good place for it? I don't know about the other people buying experiences. For the V-Max yeah i wasn't sure if it was worth it.

#5 SplatSplatOrange

SplatSplatOrange

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:35 PM

the bst section here is good and safe, but i found that pbnation is cheaper but more risky.

<p>G6R Red/black Ninja slp 45/45 Grillz Spire
Member of Chi-Town-Rampage

#6 Old Dude PB

Old Dude PB

Safety third.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:35 PM

TechPB is a great place to buy used with regard to the structure of the rules, and the attention of the folks in charge. It lacks a little in terms of the number of people using it. You'll see more deals on PBN, MCB, eBay, and Facebook. I'd keep an eye on all of them to get a sense for what's available and how much things go for. Take some time to figure out what you want, preferably after trying a bunch of things out. Most rec players, particularly older guys, are happy to trade guns with you for a game or two if you want to try out their setup. Take your time, have fun with it, and don't jump at a deal that doesn't feel right. Another deal will always come along.

#7 Snoopwolf

Snoopwolf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:01 PM

Ok well i'll keep that in mind when looking on the internet. I think i'll be going to look for a bigger tank first and like you said take my time but most importantly play! Thanks for the advices! Very appreciated  :tup:

#8 khorazy

khorazy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:14 AM

Also trademygun.com sells used guns at pretty good prices can heck here Every once in A While and See whats floating around.

#9 Snoopwolf

Snoopwolf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 06:31 PM

Thanks for the tip man (just realised i made a word play lol tip man - tippmann) :) just found a used Planet Eclispe Etek3 in my price range (250$)! I heard alot of good from these markers ( been looking at them but they were too expensives) and the manufacturer so i did not hesitate to get it :P anyways, even if i don't use it that much, it will make a pretty good backup marker. Now lets go for a 68/4500 tank and probably a Dye Rotor.

#10 Chrisvig

Chrisvig

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:18 PM

Instead of getting a used Dye Rotor you should get a new Pinokio for the same price as a used Rotor.

#11 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,797 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 01:22 AM

Instead of getting a used Dye Rotor you should get a new Pinokio for the same price as a used Rotor.

Why.

#12 mcsaggens

mcsaggens

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 02:11 AM

wait... what?

#13 Snoopwolf

Snoopwolf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 01:06 PM

I can't say that the Pinokio speed loader is good or bad since i haven't tried or actually seen one, but in a speedball perspective, wouldn't the Dye Rotor be better? I'm asking this since I never had a Rotor too... maybe should i get another loader then these ones?

#14 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,797 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 01:49 PM

I can't say that the Pinokio speed loader is good or bad since i haven't tried or actually seen one, but in a speedball perspective, wouldn't the Dye Rotor be better? I'm asking this since I never had a Rotor too... maybe should i get another loader then these ones?

He meant just the original Pinokio.  He could've at least mentioned why he suggested it but I would recommend you still go with a used Rotor (or Prophecy Z2).

#15 Ranger30

Ranger30

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 11:18 PM

I say rotor and make sure you try to save up for jearsey pants pods pod pack but that is just the fun stuff :P

#16 Snoopwolf

Snoopwolf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:53 PM

Yeah well i already have pods and a pod pack :P for the jersey, pants and other stuff i'm not sure what to look for

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users