• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 GBpacker40

GBpacker40

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:41 PM

I've seen that the apex 2 will make the ball go a little further but was wondering if It would be more accurate without the backspin, or even with the backspin, than the stock barrel on my 98 custom.

#2 scpb5696

scpb5696

Non-member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:54 PM

it definitely would be better and have more range

"It costs me more than $3,000 to play paintball every year, therefore I'd get a used highend for around $300- $600 and use the rest towards paint, gas, food, hotel costs, alcohol, and cheap hookers." SOUP on March 31, 2014

#3 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,077 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:56 PM

Barrels have no effect on accuracy, unless the honing quality is significantly nicer in the Apex barrel than in your stock barrel.

#4 Old Dude PB

Old Dude PB

Safety third.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,590 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:17 AM

My experience shooting an Apex 2 with the backspin engaged is that it does introduce more variability into your shot, and the higher the setting, the more your shot will vary. I say this without having done anything like real testing...just my perception of my experience. If I had to guess why, it would be because the tongue is made of rubber, so it can move and deform, unlike the aluminum in a normal barrel. It's possible that this is an error of perception. Especially at short ranges, aiming an Apex 2 on a high setting is more of an art than a science, because you have to adjust your aim up. If you put your Apex on its highest setting and aim directly at a target at eye level, you'll shoot straight into the ground (assuming the Apex is upright).

Edited by Old Dude PB, 27 February 2014 - 09:18 AM.

#5 GBpacker40

GBpacker40

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:50 PM

ok thanks

#6 epic woodsballer

epic woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 10:57 AM

Ya the more back spin you have the longer range you have. As the back spin increases the accuracy decreases. It's definetly a trade off and you need to find a setting that works for you.

Ohio Raiders 

#7 GBpacker40

GBpacker40

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 02:58 PM

ok thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users