• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Cyk101

Cyk101

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:29 AM

I'm trying to get a legitimate answer on what makes the axe, etek,etha and that price range better than a gog extcy. As near as my research can tell, the efficiency is about the same +- half-a-pod. They have the same rate of fire around 20 bps. They weigh the same, plus or minus a few ounces, and if you can tell the difference in a few ounces, you're better than me, or you need to exercise more. The only obvious advantage would be the barrel threading, and I suppose that gog used to be smart parts, even though I think it'll be at least 10 years before they can try to screw the industry if ever. I have looked at the other vs posts and a lot of people just say...they're just better. I would like to know specifically why. Should I get an axe or save up for a used geo or dm?

Edited by Cyk101, 04 March 2014 - 01:38 AM.

#2 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:40 AM

Build quality and small features like trigger, etc.

Also a stock Axe is capable of like 9-10 pods vs like 7 on the eXTCy.

#3 Cyk101

Cyk101

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:51 AM

Build quality and small features like trigger, etc.
Also a stock Axe is capable of like 9-10 pods vs like 7 on the eXTCy.

I'm basing my guesstimates off Mike Phillips's YouTube channel, extcy was just under 8 pods ( 7 6/8) or something, and the axe was 8.5 pods. Is build quality that much of a concern, the extcy seems pretty bulletproof. It's not as pretty, but 200 bucks of pretty buys a lot of paint.

#4 Pvlacrosse14

Pvlacrosse14

Indians Football OG #67

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,597 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 09:15 AM

If you like the extcy, get the extcy. My friend has an extcy and I have shot it. First off compared to a mid-high end marker, obviously depending on the marker, it is louder. It is also depending on the comparing marker not as smooth. The build quality IMO is bad. No, it won't break into pieces but I think if a marker isn't metal, it has bad build quality. If your striving to save money and you want the extcy, get if because it is a nice little marker. Hope this helps
My Setup- OLED G6R, Virtue Spire 260, Ninja Pro V2 68/45, Empire Events, 2013 NXE Elevation

#5 Punisher068

Punisher068

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:18 PM

Really you can't go wrong with any of the markers you listed

Mostly the Extacy is a "bang for the buck" marker compared to the others.By using plastic and composite parts it cut down on machining time so the manufacturing cost are less.

Efficiency is less than poppit markers even with a QEV&bolt upgrades  but on par with mid end spool markers.I've never seen this as being a factor since most people don't carry over 6 pods+a hopper in a game

I've found the Ion platform to be a very solid,consitant,reliable and low maintenance gun.Personally I prefer the Ion XE over the Exctacy as the noid and board are a little more robust,the trigger frame is all metal and can be upgraded with an aftermarket frame and it still has the BOB feature

#6 Steephill

Steephill

Dota 2 > Life itself

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:03 PM

A shocker beats all those, but as said it's the little things that seperate them. Just like it's not 1k+ guns have a billion things better than an extcy, it's all the small tuning and refinement.

My Feedback +14/-0

`kook 2/1/12 "The gold standard isn't what is most popular. By that logic, Justin Beiber is the gold standard of music."

#7 meh

meh

Screw you guys, I'm goin' home

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:06 PM

Ok here,

the extcy broke 3 balls in mikes vid. The axe/etha/etc did not and will probably break a ball every 10 cases if your boring correctly and cleaning your gun often. Furthermore, the extcy is heavy. Yes it is heavier than the axe in the hands. This comes from personal experience. Also, the extcy trigger is a piece of shit. If the gun didn't have the capability of psp or full auto/burst, you wouldn't be able to walk the trigger for your life. The wiggle room on that thing is humongous as well. The axe on the other hand has a trigger you would expect on a very high end gun. Asa's are pretty much equal in that they both gas and degas the gun, but idk if the extcy purges the whole gun of air. The feedneck on the extcy is composite, and also does not have a clamp, making it harder to tighten and untighten. I can tell you from first hand experience that GOG does not have great quality control. I've had my friends g1s and envys leak on them on the field and mainly from the ASA. 

My extcy came out of the box leaking. My axe however did not. Listen, you cannot argue against the fact the Empire products are backed by a great company. They wont break, and if they do, Empire will fix/replace. Unlike GOG! when my board starting freaking out on my extcy, GOG made me pay for shipping, replacement parts, and any other issues that my gun had. 

The extcy however does have some advantages over the axe. It has a longer barrel, the case is sturdier, and it has a "more complex" board.(meaning more features and modes.) The axe board however is also great, it comes with all the modes needed to compete and play.

The extcy is also more kicky than the axe. 

Ultimately, whatever gun you choose. Just go play. Sure you will appreciate features and notice flaws but nothing beats getting out there.

Meh

If you're under 18 and pay for your own stuff, put this in your signature.

#8 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:47 PM

Ok here,
the extcy broke 3 balls in mikes vid. The axe/etha/etc did not and will probably break a ball every 10 cases if your boring correctly and cleaning your gun often. Furthermore, the extcy is heavy. Yes it is heavier than the axe in the hands. This comes from personal experience. Also, the extcy trigger is a piece of shit. If the gun didn't have the capability of psp or full auto/burst, you wouldn't be able to walk the trigger for your life. The wiggle room on that thing is humongous as well. The axe on the other hand has a trigger you would expect on a very high end gun. Asa's are pretty much equal in that they both gas and degas the gun, but idk if the extcy purges the whole gun of air. The feedneck on the extcy is composite, and also does not have a clamp, making it harder to tighten and untighten. I can tell you from first hand experience that GOG does not have great quality control. I've had my friends g1s and envys leak on them on the field and mainly from the ASA. 

My extcy came out of the box leaking. My axe however did not. Listen, you cannot argue against the fact the Empire products are backed by a great company. They wont break, and if they do, Empire will fix/replace. Unlike GOG! when my board starting freaking out on my extcy, GOG made me pay for shipping, replacement parts, and any other issues that my gun had. 

The extcy however does have some advantages over the axe. It has a longer barrel, the case is sturdier, and it has a "more complex" board.(meaning more features and modes.) The axe board however is also great, it comes with all the modes needed to compete and play.

The extcy is also more kicky than the axe. 

Ultimately, whatever gun you choose. Just go play. Sure you will appreciate features and notice flaws but nothing beats getting out there.

The eXTCy has a low force bolt so I highly doubt it is to blame for broken paint. Also if the eXTCy is heavier and both it and the Axe are chroned at the same velocity it should kick LESS, not more. (Newtons third law)

#9 Jaccen

Jaccen

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 11:05 PM

For the price difference between a $450 gun and an Extcy (~$160 used) or an Axe (~$200-$300 used), but can buy a bunch of paint/field fees.  Something to consider.

#10 Brook

Brook

Old n00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:40 AM

I asked a similar question a few months ago and the general opinion could be summed up as "refinement" (as above).

However, my FAVORITE answer was

...larger testes.

...um...I have another stupid question...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Extcy, axe, etha, etek

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users