Photo

Smart Parts Epiphany Help (Anyone with Ion/ Smart Parts experience)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 joeakuaku

joeakuaku

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:02 PM

Alright, so while digging around in my closet I happen to find an old smart parts epiphany that I had acquired years ago. I knew the gun wasn't functioning, but I decided to air it up to see just what was wrong. It was leaking behind the trigger, not really sure from where. I took the gun apart, and took a look at things. My eyes were broken, and I disabled them. Fortunately, I could hear the solenoid making a noise as I pulled the trigger. I took out the bolt, put some fresh lube on it, and put back the 30 parts required to take the bolt out (gotta love smart parts) Anyways, I aired it up and shot it. The gun is cycling, but it is still leaking. Any ideas as to what this could be? Any help is appreciated! My little brother finally wants to play some paintball with me this summer, and having this gun work would provide me with 2 working setups.

#2 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,147 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:04 PM

It could be that you just need new pneumatic hosing, sometimes they just get old and crack around the barbs. Have you tried airing up the gun with the frame off the gun to better pinpoint the leak?

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

#3 joeakuaku

joeakuaku

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:22 PM

No I haven't actually. Unfortunately, I have to drive 45 minutes in order to get compressed air :/ I ran out of my last bit trying to figure out what what wrong with it. So far, I saw that my operating pressure was just about at 280 psi (maximum) if not a bit over. I turned that down a smidge because apparently it can cause a leak or damage to the solenoid. I have also heard about the pneumatic hosing breaking, and lucking the gun still had a spare parts kit with it so I have the spares in order to fix it if that is the problem (:

#4 Punisher068

Punisher068

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:57 PM

Don't ever run the pressure over 200,even with the higher pressure Epif noid it will damage your gun,likely you'll blow the hoses 1st.The leak you're hearing is likely the noid venting from overpressurizing it

Ditch the inserts unless you're concerned with air efficiancy,better to run at lower pressure for less ball breaks.

Start about 180psi without any inserts,if you have a QEV you can go less.Try the dwell around 25,go down from there

The Epif has a Firebolt stock so below 180psi& dwell at 20 should be about right,with a QEV you may be able to get it to 150psi with a dwell around 15.

Since you're gun has been sitting I'd recommends a complete oring rebuild including the reg and banjo orings.The Dow grease tends to cake up after sitting and the orings are likely dried out and brittle

Edited by Punisher068, 05 March 2014 - 12:59 PM.

#5 joeakuaku

joeakuaku

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:49 PM

Thank you. I did lower my pressure, but before I read this I went into my gun and replaces a pneumatic hose. Well, it was honestly the worst thing I have ever attempted to do. One of the bango fittings no longer clamps really onto the longer hose. It slides off if you pull even with a little force, making it hard to screw in the banjo fitting. Next thing that happened is the hose I replaces (small hose) was a pain to connect. It went onto the banjo fitting fine, and clicked in and stayed like it was supposed to, but I couldn't get it on well to the other side and it would pull off. This gun is an extreme pain in the ass.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users