bronc

ThinAir Sports

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 01:47 PM

:D

1654695_743565482343365_706198571_o.jpg :D

Thin Air Sports - 2011 will be our year.

BroncsPaintball.com - speaking my mind since 2000

#52 bronc

bronc

ThinAir Sports

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 01:54 PM

The LPR internal to the bolt, that's an idea we actually got from AGD and the Automag. It was an idea that we designed into the K1 for FEP that never got released. Cole "borrowed"  the specs and made the ZR-1, hence why it's design is similar to our design now. Other than that, there are no other similarities. The bolt in the ZR-1 works more like a shocker then a Quest if you get down to the nuts and bolts of it. And it's correct that this bolt system is based on the work we did with the 4B Kit, but then we modified it with a shut off ring so not to infringe upon Quest patent.

The front foregrip is just a grip, no air goes into it (at least not the one in the picture) - BUT we've made the gun so you can replace the ASA/HPR and mount a normal ASA and use a normal reg up front. OR you can replace the front grip with a custom one that is a volumizer, or functions different. We're adding a few things like that to leave room for aftermarket parts. We're going to release the CADs to those upgradable parts so people can tinker :)

And I think I alluded to it, but yes the HPR is integrated into the ASA. WIth macroless guns, it's far less work/parts to put it there.

But with all that said, making a gun that can shoot paintball isn't anything new, as we're seeing from the flood of guns coming out. Our electronics is what will set us apart,  they are our secret sauce :)

#53 bronc

bronc

ThinAir Sports

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 02:46 PM

The basics of how the bolt works.:

zealot_animated.gif

#54 Eskimo

Eskimo

Member #: 666 ( Seriously )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,110 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 06:13 PM

the only thing that will quell my nerd-on right now is the engineers notes of how the streamlines look, make sure they follow inviscid fluid theory and the non slip boundary condition. 
Dat complex function

also, EVERY time I hear the word Zealot instead of thinking of a religious/political fanatic. I Hear the screams of "My life for Aiur"
but thats cause im oldschool.

Edited by Eskimo, 16 March 2014 - 06:16 PM.

Citrus Connection
Proudly Partnered With: PBL, TechPB, Pinokio Hoppers, HK·Army

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users