• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Hex

Hex

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 06:21 PM

Hey guys, I'm 17 years old and in need of money. Now before you say "go get a job" well there are a few problems. I don't have a car yet and both my parents work Monday - Friday. I don't know of any job that would allow me to work only on Saturdays or Sunday. I am a shoe collector and I trade and sell shoes but that doesn't make me enough money to pay for my paintball gear. I just don't know what to do...

#2 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,001 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 06:33 PM

Then there's not much you can do.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT 09 Impulse HB REV-i Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor Grillz PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

Closer & Angel A1 F/S/T

#3 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

Life's too short to drive boring cars

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 06:47 PM

Get something close to you so you can walk. Only way to get money(legally) is to get a job.

#4 Hex

Hex

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 07:38 PM

Get something close to you so you can walk. Only way to get money(legally) is to get a job.

I could do that but I would have to find a path through the woods. Which is my only option as of right now.

#5 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,079 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 07:48 PM

Well, being unemployed at that age of 17 means that you cannot afford two expensive hobbies. You're either going to have to make something happen as far as employment, or make a decision as to which hobby you plan on keeping.

If you want a job bad enough, you'd have one. You would find a way to make it happen. The woods don't mean shit if there's a paycheck on the other side.

#6 Hex

Hex

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 08:39 PM

I might as well get a job at my local field for like reffing walk ons or something on saturdays or sundays.

#7 cockerpunk

cockerpunk

All the Dudes

• 9,116 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:50 PM

bike?

The ultimate truth in paintball is that the interaction between the gun and the player is far and away the largest factor in accuracy, consistency, and reliability.

And yes, Gordon is the sexiest manifestation of "to the front."

#8 smurfinator22

smurfinator22

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 11:17 PM

bike?

i second this

#9 Justin B.

Justin B.

One Nation D5 EPL Paintball 2014!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,513 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 04:11 PM

bike?

i second this

both of you beat me too this.

The only way you can find out if the place you are trying to work, has hours they need people to work on the weekends, is by going into that place and asking them. When you apply, tell them you would only be able to work weekends. Other than that I would say try to bike to a job.

One Nation

My Feedback: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=210995

"CP anything should immediately reduce the value to zero, its painful to see nice guns with CP regs."

- Cookybiscuit

#10 tcheekdye

tcheekdye

Bitch im just bustin at em

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 12:19 AM

Get into the pimpin game

Edited by tcheekdye, 19 March 2014 - 12:20 AM.

giphy.gifTECH PB HEAVY METAL FAN CLUB  http://www.techpb.co...metal-fan-club/

#11 Caboosanaitor

Caboosanaitor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 10:16 PM

I think roller skates are a much better option, more controll, less storage space equals more mobile. They generally cost less than a bike, and you can have alot more fun on your feet than on two wheels, if thats your style. You could ask around the neighborhood if anybody has a job to be done, or if they know someone who does. Otherwise there really is not much you can do.

#12 Hex

Hex

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 10:42 PM

I think roller skates are a much better option, more controll, less storage space equals more mobile. They generally cost less than a bike, and you can have alot more fun on your feet than on two wheels, if thats your style. You could ask around the neighborhood if anybody has a job to be done, or if they know someone who does. Otherwise there really is not much you can do.

I have busy roads near me and I wouldn't wanna be seen in roller skates lol.

#13 smurfinator22

smurfinator22

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 11:43 PM

roller skates or roller blades are kinda impractical. you can only really use them on a sidewalk or a path. they wont work if you have to break trail and they certainly wont work in the winter if theres snow. 

bikes on the other hand are far more versatile. they're also much faster. and you can get a cheap bike that'll work for $200-$300

#14 Pvlacrosse14

Pvlacrosse14

Indians Football OG #67

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,593 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 08:49 AM

roller skates or roller blades are kinda impractical. you can only really use them on a sidewalk or a path. they wont work if you have to break trail and they certainly wont work in the winter if theres snow. 

bikes on the other hand are far more versatile. they're also much faster. and you can get a cheap bike that'll work for $200-$300
You can pick up a cheap bike for WAY less than $200-$300. That's the price for pretty decent brand new bikes. If you buy locally, you can probably find a pretty decent bike for $100
My Setup- OLED G6R, Virtue Spire 260, Ninja Pro V2 68/45, Empire Events, 2013 NXE Elevation

#15 optimisticmuffin

optimisticmuffin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 10:16 AM

go cut grass

sell your shoes, paintball is more fun than owning ten pairs of shoes

#16 Hex

Hex

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 10:50 AM

go cut grass

sell your shoes, paintball is more fun than owning ten pairs of shoes

I sold most of them like two weeks ago and now I have some good money for gear.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users