• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Gun Up Paintball

Gun Up Paintball

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:56 AM

Because nobody asked for it - ever - here's a comic book about paintball.

2543485.jpg

Gun Up Paintball is a short comic book series (potentially reaching five issues) in color revolving around the "Gun Up" paintball team. Issue one will be funded via Kickstarter in the coming months, with the project becoming available when the first five pages have been completed. Almost every show has a "paintball episode," and if you're anything like me you're caught between love of seeing it on tv and anger in the way it is portrayed. Gun Up Paintball will show why it is that paintballers love their sport so much, whether it's the adrenaline, the camaraderie, or just the bad-*** pieces of sleek metal known as paintball markers. If you're a fan of paintball, comics, or both, be sure to check it out!

The story revolves around a young paintball team called Gun Up as they are all about to go their separate ways, whether it be to leave for college, find a job, or just overall enter the real world. Days before they end the team, Gun Up goes on a road trip to the PSP West Coast Open as a final kickoff to their youth. Gun Up Paintball is a comedic story about personal growth, camaraderie, and - what else - paintball.

If you are interested, please check out the facebook page: Facebook.com/GunUpPaintball. If you would like to see this become a finished product, be sure to like the page and share it with your friends, as word of mouth is very important for a project like this!

Like comics? Facebook.com/GunUpPaintball

#2 The Rec-Baller 217

The Rec-Baller 217

GET SOME PAINT IN THE AIR!!!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 07:44 PM

I'll be the first to say that the picture here looks like artwork to me, its that good. Did you draw it?

#3 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 09:40 PM

I'd possibly buy the prints and hang them in my apartment if they look like this all the time...

#4 Gun Up Paintball

Gun Up Paintball

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 10:08 PM

Thank you guys very much! Once the kickstarter goes up, I'll be selling prints in both black and white and in color (the color ones are almost complete). I was also thinking of creating some cellphone covers with this design if any interest is shown in it, both for Iphones and Samsung Galaxy phones..

I wish I could take credit for the artwork, but the amazing artist is Marco Roblin. You can see more of his artwork here: http://mroblin.deviantart.com

#5 Gun Up Paintball

Gun Up Paintball

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 05:00 PM

Hey everybody,

The lettering is complete for the 5 sample pages, and we'll be adding color soon. You can check it out on our facebook page (facebook.com/GunUpPaintball). Also, I'm ordering prints today, which will be for sale once the kickstarter launches, and also I'll be giving a handful away on the facebook page! Here's a sample of what they look like:

2592516.jpg2592515.jpg

Hope you're all having a great Monday!

#6 Kevin

Kevin

King of low-end

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:39 PM

Fantastic work!

I am qmto on youtube, i make funny videos because i love you all.
My Feedback 34/0/0
brasseagletechpblogo.gif

GUNS!!! Buy them please!

#7 Steephill

Steephill

Dota 2 > Life itself

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,471 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:58 PM

Looks amazing, great work!

My Feedback +14/-0

`kook 2/1/12 "The gold standard isn't what is most popular. By that logic, Justin Beiber is the gold standard of music."

#8 Gun Up Paintball

Gun Up Paintball

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 02:12 PM

Prints are in!

2600345.jpg

I'm holding a contest on the facebook page right now if you'd like a free print, and hope to do another contest or two before the kickstarter goes up. All you have to do is like the page and post a pic of your gat, and I'll pick the ones I like the best! Facebook.com/GunUpPaintball. Yes, I'm shamelessly trying to build a following, but I'm also giving stuff away!

#9 Gun Up Paintball

Gun Up Paintball

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 05:41 PM

Here's the first page colored and lettered. Please let me know what you think! Facebook.com/GunUpPaintball

2642301.jpg

Edited by Gun Up Paintball, 30 April 2014 - 05:43 PM.

#10 Gun Up Paintball

Gun Up Paintball

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 02:26 PM

The kickstarter went live today!

https://www.kickstar...ssue-1-breakout

#11 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 05:14 PM

Been following your work on Facebook and its looking great!

I do have to give a little mod note though:  Since kickstarter is obviously not affiliated with TechPB our BST the mods here cannot guarantee any products being advertised will arrive at your doorstep.  We are going to try and help with any possible issues but cannot guarantee anything.  Kickstarter is a great tool but ultimately it is up to the backers and project initiators to get a project completed without issues.

I feel obligated to link to Kickstarters help page for questions to be resolved for those who may know little or nothing at all about Kickstarter - https://www.kickstar...help?ref=footer

Mods on TechPB will review Kickstarter threads on a case by case basis.

#12 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 06:44 PM

Make a Jawz character!!!!!!!!!

Please!!!!!!!

PRETTY PLEASE!!!

109.gif

#13 Gun Up Paintball

Gun Up Paintball

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 02:37 PM

Thank you for your note Cheevo! I've been working on this project for so long that I have forgotten that not everybody knows what Kickstarter is.

Basically, I’m saying that I have these 5 pages complete (or at least they will be complete soon, as the colorist is still working on 4 of the pages), but I need money to make the rest of it. You can back the project and get rewards, but the money doesn’t come out of your bank account until the project is completely funded and the comic book can be made.

The rewards can be a little pricey, but backing a project isn’t just about the rewards you get but the ability to see the project come to fruition. As in you all held decide whether or not Gun Up Paintball deserves to become a comic or not by deciding if you want to back it.

Also as Cheevo said, Techpb can't guarantee anything that is funded on Kickstarter. Heck, Kickstarted doesn't even guarantee it. All I can say is that I give my word that it'll show up if funded, for whatever the word of somebody you don't know is worth to you. That said, the front cover prints have been physically made already, and those would be ready to ship as soon as the kickstarter ends.

Again, thank you all for taking a look!

#14 Gun Up Paintball

Gun Up Paintball

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:59 PM

Here’s the prints in some nice frames!

2655348.jpg2655349.jpg

And they're on sale at the kickstarter page! www.kickstarter.com/projects/cassidypjames/gun-up-paintball-comic-issue-1-breakout

The funding for the project has only hit 7% right now on day 4, which isn't awful but it is quite low. If you know anybody who would be interested in the project, a quick message letting them know about Gun Up Paintball would be greatly appreciated!

Facebook.com/GunUpPaintball

Kickstarter.com/projects/cassidypjames/gun-up-paintball-comic-issue-1-breakout

Thanks everybody!

#15 Gun Up Paintball

Gun Up Paintball

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 01:32 PM

Hey everybody,

I got some t-shirt designs mocked up on the kickstarter page. Once the kickstarter ends, I'll take a vote from the people who order one on which is the most popular, and that'll be the one that gets created.

2661140.jpg

2661141.jpg

2661142.jpg

As always, all feedback is appreciated!

#16 Ranger

Ranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 03:06 PM

This is amazing. I will be sure to share your page and hopefully help you guys reach your goal.

A.E.K.Δ.B.

#17 Gun Up Paintball

Gun Up Paintball

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 02:34 AM

Thank you very much Ranger, I appreciate it greatly! I got some articles coming out tomorrow, so I'll throw up the links as well as some new promo art as soon as they're all available (read as I'm trying my hardest to not spam the forums ;))

#18 Gun Up Paintball

Gun Up Paintball

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 12:22 AM

Hey everybody,

Two new pieces of promo art available, as well as two new articles (Bleeding Cool and Joup) released about Gun Up Paintball.

2664931.jpg

2664954.jpg

Thanks everybody!

Edited by Gun Up Paintball, 11 May 2014 - 12:25 AM.

#19 Gun Up Paintball

Gun Up Paintball

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 12:31 PM

We're half way through out project (15 days remaining), but only 28% funded. If you have any friends who might be interested in the book (or just a cool paintball print), we would appreciate if you would point them in our direction!

http://kck.st/1n8C9eU

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Gun Up, Gun Up Paintball, Comic Book, Graphic Novel, Comic, Art, Kickstarter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users