• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 halofan

halofan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 06:14 PM

I am 6 feet tall 150 pounds and I am having a hard time finding that one position that I feel comfortable with can anyone help me
ps I run pretty fast and use my angles well but I am not the most accurate guy, but I do conserve paint well

Edited by halofan, 18 March 2014 - 06:16 PM.

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. 

#2 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,934 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 06:39 PM

Its just a matter of playing a lot. There may be some spots like the snake or a certain bunker that you will never feel TOTALLY comfortable in but its really about being able to play anywhere on the field. There shouldnt be just one or even two positions or bunkers you can play.

#3 halofan

halofan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 07:11 PM

Ok thanks I will start playing at some random spots so I can get a feel with what is comfortable to me
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. 

#4 Lt. Blood

Lt. Blood

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 05:45 PM

You want to play tall pins usually located back right or left; you can use your height to pop out at various diff heights each side making you a hard target to read and allowing you several blind spots the shorter players can't shoot.

80% of teens listen to Hip-Hop, if you're part of the 20% that hates that shit , put this in your sig!Go ahead and throw your ions. I'll just catch them and throw em' back, except harder You may live in a 500,000 dollar house but i live in a 2 dollar box under a 6,000,000 dollar bridgeSave a rock,throw a tippmann its ok you won't be able to hurt it.put this on ur sig if u feel a need to call paintcheck........even if all you can see is orange! If you live in Panama, hit me up.

#5 The Rec-Baller 217

The Rec-Baller 217

GET SOME PAINT IN THE AIR!!!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 07:52 PM

Truthful i couldn't find a position that suited me till I went and tried them all, it took some time to find what I was good at and what I liked, I know it sounds odd to say but a I play snake but I'm 6 foot and before playing snake, I never thought i was cut out to even play it. I'm not sure many teams want or have a 6 foot snake player but hey... if it works it works. As long as you try different things and find something that works, stick with it and have a good time doing it. Just my 2 cents

#6 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,934 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 08:36 PM

I think picking a single position based on your body size or whats comfortable is one of the worst possible things to do to your game. Just mix it up and become competent at everything and youll naturally become really good at what your talents suit while still being versatile.

#7 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 12:46 AM

Don't think you can't play a position because of your size. 

I'm 6'4, 200lbs, and I play snake when my team goes out and scrims (no tourneys yet), and I absolutely love it. Honestly, being taller helps my crawling, lets me propel faster and farther with each push with my longer legs. It's all a matter of learning to keep your ass down, listen to your backs and know when to take a shot. Being taller also helps you shoot over and get better angles on snake knuckles. My advice is give it a shot. 

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

#8 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,859 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 08:52 AM

I am a human sasquatch and I have been known to play everywhere. 

Doritos, Cans, hell even snake. Paintball all comes down to being comfortable with your body and having good spatial awareness.

Dont stick things out of bunkers to be shot, learn how to play tight and you wont have any issues anywhere.  

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#9 The Recballer

The Recballer

South Florida Shockers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 05:02 PM

I think picking a single position based on your body size or whats comfortable is one of the worst possible things to do to your game. Just mix it up and become competent at everything and youll naturally become really good at what your talents suit while still being versatile.

This is true of every sport. I'm 5'10 and I'm my schools back-up varsity goalkeeper(I start at striker).

Just try everything, get comfortable in every bunker.

Chelsea Football Club - St.Louis Rams - Tampa Bay Rays - Florida Panthers - Miami Heat

Tampa Bay Damage - Los Angeles Ironmen

South Florida Shockers #16

#10 SeanPB1029

SeanPB1029

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:28 AM

Pretty much just mess around. Try different positions. Play everywhere. Just play every bunker until you find your style.

Yo mama so fat that she thought the dorito side were actual Doritos!

IFyouAREunder18andYOUpayFORyourGEARputTHISinYOURsig

giphy.gifTECH PB HEAVY METAL FAN CLUB  http://www.techpb.co...metal-fan-club/

#11 sillyrabbit72

sillyrabbit72

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 04:36 PM

How are you not accurate but conserve paint? hahaha I'm just messing with you but try everything and pick what you enjoy the most!

#12 sorawiz23

sorawiz23

the ref is here

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:09 AM

my brother is your size and he like the snake buy that is just him but i don't know you so it is up to you
OH MY GOD THEY'VE GOT ION'S RUN!!!!!!!!

sweet freak barrel system used once!!!
http://www.techpb.co...d/#entry3316073

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users