• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 DjPLaTiNuM

DjPLaTiNuM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:29 AM

I've read some good articles on paintballs, reviews and all that goes with them like shells, fills, etc. My question is what paintballs do you use and if I wanted to stay on the cheaper side (not walmart cheap) but wanted some good reliable paintballs what would you recommend. I don't play tourneys so I'm not looking for competition grade but I go every other Sunday and I want some good consistent paint that isn't going to cost me $60 a case (if possible).

For reference I have about 7 guns but the three I use the most are the PE Ego SL94 w/ Dye Rotor, Invert Mini w/ Axe board and Halo B V35 hopper, and my new eXTCy with a basic JT electric hopper. Running 68/4500 tanks on the PE and Invert, running a 45/4500 tank on the eXTCy.

#2 BestPlays TV

BestPlays TV

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 06:48 PM

If your field is BYOP than you have the luxury of picking paint.  Make sure the paint is not to old from the place you are buying from, and that they have been stored correctly.  After you get pst around $40-50 you start to get good nice consistent paint.  Also take into account the weather you will be playing in. If its cold, use Empires "Ice Ballz" (I think thats what it is called, dont know for sure).  

#3 optimisticmuffin

optimisticmuffin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 09:42 AM

valken fate is about 40 a case and it shoots decent from what i've shot. Pretty consistant, breaks almost all the time. Valken graffiti and redemption are much better but they are 60

#4 PaintballShotUp

PaintballShotUp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:37 PM

"For reference I have about 7 guns but the three I use the most are the PE Ego SL94 w/ Dye Rotor, Invert Mini w/ Axe board and Halo B V35 hopper, and my new eXTCy with a basic JT electric hopper. Running 68/4500 tanks on the PE and Invert, running a 45/4500 tank on the eXTCy."

<and yet he wants cheap paint?> another question why don't you just use you dye rotor on the gun you are using at the time. Stay away from paint cases under 25-30 dollars. other than that pick paint that breaks easy

#5 The Recballer

The Recballer

South Florida Shockers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:45 PM

Sell everything but your rotor, SL94, and 68/4500.

Use that money to buy GI 3 star.

Chelsea Football Club - St.Louis Rams - Tampa Bay Rays - Florida Panthers - Miami Heat

Tampa Bay Damage - Los Angeles Ironmen

South Florida Shockers #16

#6 FreeEnterprise

FreeEnterprise

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:50 PM

Paint is the single most important thing you buy for playing paintball. And regardless of what people will tell you, brands VARY a ton...

For example, our local field sell marbalizer as their field paint. First time I got it, it shot great on day one, but the next day it shot much worse. A month later it was horrible. I have over 1,000 paintballs left from this summer from that batch just sitting in my basement because I don't feel like wasting my time using it... (that was $50 a case)

I use xball scenario woodsball paint from Dick's quite often, but you have to open every single box and look at every bag to see if it is very round, with no dimples or flat spots, and no visible seam. 

Then some of it shoots very good, (not perfect) and other cases of it shoots good. (medium). So even within a brand you will see huge variations in how it shoots. 

I've shot tons of different types of paints, and some shoots great, and the next case of it shoots lousy. So it is hit or miss... 

Right now I have some vaulkin paint I got for $35 a case, that shoots pretty well. Best paint I have EVER shot was some factory seconds DXS made for some field. It was insane how well it shot... I got a case and a half of that last year, and used it for 3 games, and was crushing my competition with it. Made for some good video! haha!

#7 Cyco-Dude

Cyco-Dude

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 08:33 AM

yeah, it depends on if you can use your own paint or if it's field paint only. try to find paint that has smooth seams (seam the doesn't catch on your fingernail). other than that, paint is not that consistent at all. you don't know how long it's been stored, or how it's been stored. some cases may be good, others not so much...it's almost like it's luck of the draw really.

i dunno, inspect the paint at your local field and do the best you can. ask around what they like to use if it's byop.

#8 josborne024

josborne024

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 05:13 PM

I was talking to a guy at my local pro shop about paint the other day and one thing came up that I would like to see if anyone here on the forums can tell me if there any truth to ? One that there are no US paint manufacturers ? And two that all paint will be coming from Canada and Taiwan ? If anyone knows anything about this please comment .

Edited by josborne024, 12 April 2014 - 05:14 PM.

post-62541-0-66980300-1396396912.jpg

Empire Axe , Dye UL , VIrtue Spire 260 , Ninja Pro 68/45

New Marker Coming Soon !!

#9 Yankee Paintball

Yankee Paintball

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:19 PM

A few companies still make paint in the US. Nelson always has and Valken is bringing some of their paint manufacturing back, Kee on the other hand just shutdown their last domestic paint plant in Florida and is manufacturing it overseas.
Connecticut's woodsball field! Bookmark www.yankeepaintball.com Closed for the winter, reopening April 7th, 2012.
Authorized Dealer for CCI, Tippmann, Planet Eclipse, Tiberius Arms, and DYE . Distributor for Valken, KEE,APP and Procaps.
Need Yankee Paintball info fast? Email.

"That blew so hard all my old Nintendo games started working again."~Dstyles75

#10 Cyco-Dude

Cyco-Dude

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 04:50 PM

A few companies still make paint in the US. Nelson always has and Valken is bringing some of their paint manufacturing back, Kee on the other hand just shutdown their last domestic paint plant in Florida and is manufacturing it overseas.

their cheap stuff, yes, but kee's high-end stuff is made in canada.

Edited by Cyco-Dude, 16 April 2014 - 04:52 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users