• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 dylanh35004

dylanh35004

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:51 PM

I am trying to get into paintball but it seems overwhelming i haven't bought anything yet i have played before with a spyder with co2but i want to get more serious about it what is a good electronic set up for under $400

#2 meh

meh

Screw you guys, I'm goin' home

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 12:44 AM

GOG extcy, steelie HPA tank, and a invert too hopper. Thats about 375. 

But i would really go with a mech gun (azodin Kaos), with a 68/4500 tank and a halo too. From there you could just upgrade your gun because the rest of your stuff is top notch. Furthermore, a mech gun is pretty cheap so you can even afford a super loader! \

I would ultimately go with:

Azodin Kaos.....90

Ninja 68/4500 (or 50/4500 whichever suits you better)....about 150

and a rotor, prophecy, or pinokio speed/pl250........125

Total:375 bucks or so. 

OR you could go used and the options really expand from there. 

Meh

If you're under 18 and pay for your own stuff, put this in your signature.

#3 dylanh35004

dylanh35004

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:50 PM

What would i buy a mech gun why not something like a proto rail

#4 Wolfe

Wolfe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 07:20 AM

If you haven't picked up any gear, here's the recommended order in which to buy. Yes, you can pick up all of this for your 400.00 budget.

1. ALWAYS buy your mask first. Even if you spend the next two years renting, buy your mask first. I always recommend the VForce Profilers. Best mask available, IMO. Don't be affraid to buy masks used. Yes, even sweaty foam can be cleaned or replaced. The Proto Switch is another good mask, just make sure you get the thermal lense.

2. Loader: One good force feed loader will support any marker you buy from a Tippmann 98 to the 1600.00 super guns. When you're on a tight budget, I recommend the Halo Too, Viewloader Revolution, Vlocity, Spyder Fasta (9v is ok) or used Rotor.

3. Get your tank next. A used 4800 carbon fiber with at least 1/2 it's life left is your best bet. But, a steelie 3K will work. Though you'll find you'll want to upgrade sooner rather than later.

4. A good starter electronic like a Smart Parts Ion or Vibe will work perfectly. I've built several Ions and they are dirt simple to maintain.

Buying used will get you below your budget easily.

#5 optimisticmuffin

optimisticmuffin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 05:43 PM

used proflexes: 30ish 

used halo: 40ish

used proto or dm(2008 or before on the dm): 200ish

used carbon finer tank(if you live near a scuba shop that hydro test you can get one that is close to or out of hydro date):60ish

jerseys: cheap, but you have 70 to spend on stuff left over... ish

#6 DasJaco

DasJaco

TIGER STYLE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 06:16 PM

used proflexes: 30ish 

used halo: 40ish

used proto or dm(2008 or before on the dm): 200ish

used carbon finer tank(if you live near a scuba shop that hydro test you can get one that is close to or out of hydro date):60ish

jerseys: cheap, but you have 70 to spend on stuff left over... ish

I agree with this. A DM or PM will give you more quality over a Smart Parts or Azodin gun.

Lakeville Ambush #3

DLX Luxe 2.0

Dye Rotor

Ninja 77/4500

#7 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,779 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 08:21 PM

Dontbworry about a jersey, use your extra money on elbow and knee pads

#8 The Recballer

The Recballer

South Florida Shockers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 08:59 PM

Mask: JT Proflex $65

Loader: Halo Too $85

Tank: Ninja 48/300 $50

Marker: Smart Parts Vibe $110 (ebay BNIB)

Kneepads: Planet Eclipse $45

Elbowpads: Planet Eclipse $45

Remaining Money: $0

Best setup for the price IMO

Chelsea Football Club - St.Louis Rams - Tampa Bay Rays - Florida Panthers - Miami Heat

Tampa Bay Damage - Los Angeles Ironmen

South Florida Shockers #16

#9 Cyco-Dude

Cyco-Dude

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 02:55 PM

I am trying to get into paintball but it seems overwhelming i haven't bought anything yet i have played before with a spyder with co2but i want to get more serious about it what is a good electronic set up for under $400

as is usual, you'll want a decent new mask (fits you well, good coverage, thermal lens), loader (used in good condition is fine) and tank first of all. that leaves you with about $160 if you get "best bang for the buck" gear and a used tank (1-2 years old in good condition only costs ~110). i vote gog eNMEy...screw electronics lol! seriously, people would have a lot more fun if the rate of fire went down, but i digress. if you must, gog envy / envy blackheart / eXTCy in good used condition seem to be the popular budget choices in the lower end of the price range. maybe a used etha if you stretch a little bit. learn to work on whatever you get; you don't want to be that guy at the field that can't play because his gun doesn't work and he can't fix it himself.

Edited by Cyco-Dude, 02 April 2014 - 02:59 PM.

#10 nineteen5

nineteen5

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 02:34 PM

I would go with a mech just so you can learn basics of cleaning and servicing a gun before you have to deal with eye wires and and other stuff. My personal setup when I started was a gog enemy, steel 48/3000 hpa and a pinokio. A good mask is a first to have I have a proflex because I have a larger face but a good mask is what you need to buy first.

#11 Mike:)

Mike:)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:22 AM

Honestly, force profilers are a good mask choice, but sly profit only 60 on ansgear deal of the day- Today only! A used 2011 proto rail, = about 160-190. Valken vmax's price dropped since vmax2 released. And a

Proto rail just say max 200
Profilers/sly profit: 60
Vmax: 70
And a used carbon fiber tank around 80, or a new steelie for 50.

Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users