• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 TristanV33

TristanV33

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 11:08 PM

I was thinking about playing pump but I've only been playing for like a month and a half or two and I was wondering if I should start playing pump or upgrade my ion to a axe or etha and keep playing electro? If you suggest pump, what gun would you suggest $150 max, because I would just be getting into it. I'm kinda lost on what to do, thanks for any advice.

#2 bowmasta

bowmasta

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 01:43 AM

Its a big leap going from Electro to Pump.  

As much as I would say go the pumpers rout stick with what you know and run either the ion or Axe, once you've gotten good enough to hold your own all the time then try pump.

A decent starter pump is either a cheap Phantom or a Trilogy with  a pump kit.

Check out the pump section here and on MCB, do plenty of research before you buy something too, I bought a brand new phantom and hated it.

Edit: Man i'm tired, I didn't even know I was on the pump forum.

Edited by bowmasta, 29 March 2014 - 01:45 AM.

What?! I'm all out of powdered toast?!

#3 Empire91

Empire91

Pump Zen Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 11:21 AM

I'd say stick with your ion for the time being. Investing in pump is, IMO, the best thing you can ever do. However, for someone just starting out, and already having made the investment in an electro, it would be good to stick with what you've got. 

That being said, it never hurts just to try pump. Maybe ask the field you play at if you can rent a pump for the day. Or ask someone you know that has a pump to use it for a game or two. Pump is a lot of fun, and it can be very cost effective as well.

#4 plan_b

plan_b

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:37 AM

which type of games and who you are playing with might help you in your decision.  i think if you are playing with mostly rentals and a few experienced players, mixing in a pump game once and a while through out the day would be a good thing. 

since you are just starting out though, i would suggest just keep your equipment as is and play some more games instead of spending money on more guns.  it could lead to a hoarding problem at an early stage. :lol:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users