11 replies to this topic

#1 conorq12

conorq12

Are those my balls on your face?

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 06:51 PM

Looking to upgrade my cleats. These two are only ten bucks apart and I think they both look nice. Any opinions?
lg_ICU%20Paintball%20logo.jpg
ICU Paintball
DMPP
Des Moines, Iowa
DSM Detox

#2 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,019 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 07:38 PM

They both suck, especially for hiw expensive they are. Buy some soccer or Lacrossr cleats.

/thread

#3 ChookiPooki

ChookiPooki

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 07:54 PM

Never used any of em, but exalt has removable spikes so you can change them once the old ones are worn out. Hk army cleats have fixed spikes. Basically you have to buy a new pair after the spikes wear down on the shredders. The exalt ones you can use until they fall apart

#4 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 12:17 AM

Shedders are however far more comfortable, unless you're used to standard cleats, which thw TRX's are. However, I have been playing soccer for years and still prefer the Shredders. So much more comfortable, and breathe really well. They do need to be replaced every year or so if you really put wear on the cleats.
I have just recently replaced mine from last year and still find them to be worth the trouble.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#5 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:00 AM

http://www.eastbay.c... KEYWORD SEARCH

Best Cleats I have ever worn. Easily, had them for two seasons of baseball and going on 3 seasons of speedball. GREAT for grass, just dont use them on turf because you will effectively tear it up or anywhere out in the woods where there could be rocks or other hard surfaces to slide on. 

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#6 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,019 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:06 AM

Best Cleats I have ever worn. Easily, had them for two seasons of baseball and going on 3 seasons of speedball. GREAT for grass, just dont use them on turf because you will effectively tear it up or anywhere out in the woods where there could be rocks or other hard surfaces to slide on. 

Might want to change that; pretty much no field with supair bunkers will let you use metal cleats. Cause it tends to, you know, cut tbe bunkers open and other bad stuff.

#7 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:40 AM

Might want to change that; pretty much no field with supair bunkers will let you use metal cleats. Cause it tends to, you know, cut tbe bunkers open and other bad stuff.

Never had a problem using them, nobody has said anything about them. 

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

#8 Simiballer

Simiballer

Professional Pillow Fort Architect

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:22 AM

Really? Because at my local fields and in most tournaments (PSP,NCPA, etc) they don't allow metal spikes. If the OP wishes to play tournaments, he's going to have to look at other cleats.
If you're under 18 and pay for your own stuff, put this in your signature.
On a side note... Royal Highlanders rule!

#9 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,019 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 09:28 AM

Cleats like that arent even type you want unless playing on hard packed dirt.

#10 Wolfe

Wolfe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:51 AM

Hands down and still the best cleats, Nike Land Sharks. I wore them through High School football, need to buy a new pair to replace my cheap Easton cleats from last season.

#11 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 03:37 PM

The Nike Air Carbon football cleats are amazing too. 

#12 smurfinator22

smurfinator22

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:40 PM

i would recommend any plastic spiked baseball cleats. they work amazing on turf and amazing on grass and dirt, even it its super wet or slippery. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users