Photo

Indecisiveness is hell

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

Poll: Super Ultra Gun Poll (34 member(s) have cast votes)

Which gun!

1. NT11 (new) (1 votes [2.94%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.94%

2. GEO3.1 (4 votes [11.76%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.76%

3. LV1 (13 votes [38.24%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 38.24%

4. Macdev GTi (4 votes [11.76%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.76%

5. G6R (2 votes [5.88%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.88%

6. DM14 (3 votes [8.82%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.82%

7. other(please leave a comment which) (7 votes [20.59%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.59%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 meh

meh

Screw you guys, I'm goin' home

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 04:46 PM

I'm stuck. In a month or so, my new job will start and ill have a decent cash flow coming my way...about 3000 bucks altogether. This therefore qualifies me to buy any goddamn gun i want! So, firstly i will buy a rotor and a new tank and any necessities that i might need. But, my problem is with my gun. Right now im toting an empire axe (which will be gifted to a younger sibling). 

So, im indecisive about what gun i should pick up... so vote! Thanks!!

Meh

If you're under 18 and pay for your own stuff, put this in your signature.

#2 SPARTAN1147789

SPARTAN1147789

SPARTAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:14 PM

With the current markers available I would say dm14. However, I'd wait a while until the Lurker Paragon comes out. If you can't wait that long than IMO the best marker currently available is the DM14. The decision for which highend marker to get will be more personal preference than anything, so you should really try holding and shooting all these markers and decide for yourself.

#3 Simiballer

Simiballer

Professional Pillow Fort Architect

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:46 PM

My personal choices would be either the LV1 or the G6R. While I prefer the LV1, I occasionally fall in love with a dust on gloss G6R.
On a side note... Royal Highlanders rule!

#4 Pvlacrosse14

Pvlacrosse14

Indians Football OG #67

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,446 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:57 PM

I love my g6r but if I could get ANY marker, I would get the gsl. Looks amazing, feels like sex, comes with all the sl bodies such as a full barrel kit, and the resale value won't drop like a rock. Vyper gsl is probably the sexiest marker out right now
My Setup- 2k11 G6R, Virtue Spire 260, Ninja Pro V2 68/45, Empire Events, 2013 NXE Elevation

#5 meh

meh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:00 PM

I love my g6r but if I could get ANY marker, I would get the gsl. Looks amazing, feels like sex, comes with all the sl bodies such as a full barrel kit, and the resale value won't drop like a rock. Vyper gsl is probably the sexiest marker out right now

oooo GSL!

Meh

#6 Pvlacrosse14

Pvlacrosse14

Indians Football OG #67

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,446 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:02 PM

oooo GSL!
Ya, many will say it's not worth it over the regular 3.1, but I say if you have the money burning a hole in your pocket, I say get it so you will get more back in your pocket later
My Setup- 2k11 G6R, Virtue Spire 260, Ninja Pro V2 68/45, Empire Events, 2013 NXE Elevation

#7 meh

meh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:05 PM

With the current markers available I would say dm14. However, I'd wait a while until the Lurker Paragon comes out. If you can't wait that long than IMO the best marker currently available is the DM14. The decision for which highend marker to get will be more personal preference than anything, so you should really try holding and shooting all these markers and decide for yourself.

why dm14? Im just a little sad about he exclusion of an oled board on a 1500 dollar gun...!

Meh

#8 The Recballer

The Recballer

South Florida Shockers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:25 PM

GSL if you can get your hands on one. If not DM14 all the way.

Chelsea Football Club - St.Louis Rams - Tampa Bay Rays - Florida Panthers - Miami Heat

Tampa Bay Damage - Los Angeles Ironmen

South Florida Shockers #16

#9 SPARTAN1147789

SPARTAN1147789

SPARTAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:28 PM

I feel it's the most ergonomic marker (for me anyways), and it's also really smooth and quiet. If we got rid of the ergonomics category and focused on other fields, it would not be on top, but for me the feel of the marker is most important, and the DM14 feels the best to me. All these markers will shoot great and be plenty efficient, so for me the feel of the marker is the most important, and while it uses an led instead of an oled or some type of visual display, when you're actually playing the board's display shouldn't matter (unless you're adjusting the settings while playing). I find when you're playing how the gun feels in the hands is the most important, and that's why I like the DM14.

#10 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,782 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:21 PM

meh, ignore everything in this thread and go shoot some different markers. Its clear from the massive variety here you dont have a good idea at all what you want.

Make sure you upgrade absolutely ALL your other gear first too, and put aside a good chunk of change for paint so you can actually play.

#11 meh

meh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:27 PM

meh, ignore everything in this thread and go shoot some different markers. Its clear from the massive variety here you dont have a good idea at all what you want.

Make sure you upgrade absolutely ALL your other gear first too, and put aside a good chunk of change for paint so you can actually play.

Thats a good idea. I already have a good loader and a 68/45. But since i have enough cash to spare, ill buy a rotor and a 50/45 tank (i realize a 68/45 is too big...).

Meh

#12 SOUP

SOUP

Uber Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,667 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:44 PM

It costs me more than $3,000 to play paintball every year, therefore I'd get a used highend for around $300- $600 and use the rest towards paint, gas, food, hotel costs, alcohol, and cheap hookers.

"Silence is a plus, violence is a must"-Tupac

---Indiana Baller---

#13 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,810 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:08 PM

It costs me more than $3,000 to play paintball every year, therefore I'd get a used highend for around $300- $600 and use the rest towards paint, gas, food, hotel costs, alcohol, and cheap hookers.

This man. This man right here knows the truth. 

Lurker out the Axe and just have fun playing every weekend instead.

To the goons saying GSL your kidding right. You do realize they are all gone at this point.

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#14 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:10 PM

Don't forget bail money.

#15 The Recballer

The Recballer

South Florida Shockers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:14 PM

Bigx, read mine carefully.

"If you can get your hands on one"

Chelsea Football Club - St.Louis Rams - Tampa Bay Rays - Florida Panthers - Miami Heat

#16 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,782 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:17 PM

I would never suggest a 50ci tank unless youre like 5'4" or shorter

#17 meh

meh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:40 PM

5'4'' i am! (5'6'' but hey) anyway i play real tight and im tired of using the 68/45. To everyone else about the cost to play, i have money set aside for that as well! Plus i play every weekend or every other weekend and it costs me 60 bucks everytime so i can bear that with money i have saved up for paint and entry!

Meh

#18 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,810 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:43 PM

5'4'' i am! (5'6'' but hey) anyway i play real tight and im tired of using the 68/45. To everyone else about the cost to play, i have money set aside for that as well! Plus i play every weekend or every other weekend and it costs me 60 bucks everytime so i can bear that with money i have saved up for paint and entry!

Do you have a car.

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

#19 meh

meh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:44 PM

Do you have a car.

Yes but i get a ride from a friend since we always go together. What do you guys think of the nt11 im really thinking of getting that vs the lv1/3.1

Meh

#20 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,810 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:49 PM

Do you have a car.

Yes but i get a ride from a friend since we always go together. What do you guys think of the nt11 im really thinking of getting that vs the lv1/3.1

NT 11 is garbage utter garbage. There is a reason why dye stopped making the NT Series. They were just unreliable guns. 

Trust me here stick with the axe and use the money for other things, its a good feeling having money in your pocket. I would full on say get a lurker bolt and valve for the axe then buy maybe a cocker or shocker something to tinker with and have fun. i went down that road spending money on guns when I had it and regret it now when money is short. 

#21 meh

meh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:56 PM

Do you have a car.

NT 11 is garbage utter garbage. There is a reason why dye stopped making the NT Series. They were just unreliable guns. 

Trust me here stick with the axe and use the money for other things, its a good feeling having money in your pocket. I would full on say get a lurker bolt and valve for the axe then buy maybe a cocker or shocker something to tinker with and have fun. i went down that road spending money on guns when I had it and regret it now when money is short. 

Well heres the thing: One LV1-1400$ 50/45-150 Rotor-150 Altogether 1700$ approximately Therrefore meaning i have a good 1200 bucks for paint entrance rides and anything else. I see what you are saying though, thanks for the advice!

Meh

#22 SPARTAN1147789

SPARTAN1147789

SPARTAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:30 PM

I would say to wait a while, as there's a lot of new markers coming out that will be available 6 months from now, so if you can deal with your current marker for 6 months I would do that as you may be happy you waited, and if you're not you still saved a bunch of money and may have had a chance to shoot more markers, so you'll know which one you want, as this decision should come from your personal experience with different markers, and not other people's opinions.

#23 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,541 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:54 PM

I'm with bigx, money is good for buying car or post secondary education. Because cars cost a fuck ton of cash, and insurance cost a fuck ton of cash, don't even get into post secondary education because that cost a few metric fuck tons of cash

So shoot an axe or even just buy a used supergun and call it a day after buying your other gear.
gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#24 meh

meh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:01 PM

What do you guys think of the luxe? OLED worth it? Compared to LV1/3.1?

Meh

#25 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,782 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:47 PM

OLED board is pointless.

#26 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,810 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 03:40 PM

There is a legitimate problem when I of all people on this site am telling you not to spend money. 

85 guns later..... 

#27 SOUP

SOUP

Uber Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,667 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 04:02 PM

There is a legitimate problem when I of all people on this site am telling you not to spend money. 

85 guns later..... 

you dun passed me... don't make me go back to my old ways! 

It's true though, between me and Bigx here we've had over 150 used markers. There is absolutely no reason to go out and spend $1000 + on a brand new paintball shooting devise, a marker, when you can get the same one (or something similar) used for a fraction of the price! It's madness! MADNESS! 

... It's common sense really. You get the same for less. Only difference is someones grubby fingers toughed it first. If you can't deal with that than I don't know what to tell ya. 

"Silence is a plus, violence is a must"-Tupac

---Indiana Baller---

#28 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,810 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 04:27 PM

85 guns later..... 

you dun passed me... don't make me go back to my old ways! 

It's true though, between me and Bigx here we've had over 150 used markers. There is absolutely no reason to go out and spend $1000 + on a brand new paintball shooting devise, a marker, when you can get the same one (or something similar) used for a fraction of the price! It's madness! MADNESS! 

... It's common sense really. You get the same for less. Only difference is someones grubby fingers toughed it first. If you can't deal with that than I don't know what to tell ya. 

We know we are the enlightened ones. Listen to us Padawan. 

#29 Pvlacrosse14

Pvlacrosse14

Indians Football OG #67

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,446 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 04:41 PM

To the goons saying GSL your kidding right. You do realize they are all gone at this point.

You calling me a goon bigx?
E4E1B677-96DF-4FA9-83AF-B268E948CF54_zps

#30 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,810 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 04:56 PM

47991782.jpg

#31 scpb5696

scpb5696

Non-member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:25 PM

keep your axe, get a rotor and ball out

"It costs me more than $3,000 to play paintball every year, therefore I'd get a used highend for around $300- $600 and use the rest towards paint, gas, food, hotel costs, alcohol, and cheap hookers." SOUP on March 31, 2014

#32 Pvlacrosse14

Pvlacrosse14

Indians Football OG #67

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,446 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:56 PM

47991782.jpg

Hahaha, gotta admit, that was good

#33 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,810 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 07:22 PM

WELLLLL

Thanks

#34 The Rec-Baller 217

The Rec-Baller 217

GET SOME PAINT IN THE AIR!!!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 08:29 PM

I love my Planet Eclipse Marker, go with GEO 3.1 or LV1...

Go with whatever you want, they are all great...

Edited by The Rec-Baller 217, 02 April 2014 - 08:29 PM.

#35 meh

meh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 10:24 PM

whats the difference between the geo3 and the 3.1? Just the AT pipe rather than macro? And if so is that really worth an extra 200 or so dollars?

Meh

#36 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,810 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 05:00 AM

Precisely the 3.1 has the Pipe and a slightly more reinforced frame. 

The Geo 4 will have similar internals to the GSL and it should drop sooner than expected. 

#37 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,782 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:43 AM

You may not need to buy a Geo 4 to get the new internals...

#38 Brook

Brook

Old n00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:58 AM

...alcohol, and cheap hookers.

There are certain things you should never skimp on.

(Getting markers used can make good sense, other things: maybe not so much)

Edited by Brook, 03 April 2014 - 12:01 PM.

...um...I have another stupid question...

#39 meh

meh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:06 PM

Precisely the 3.1 has the Pipe and a slightly more reinforced frame. 

The Geo 4 will have similar internals to the GSL and it should drop sooner than expected. 

how soon do you think?

Meh

#40 The Recballer

The Recballer

South Florida Shockers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:32 PM

I don't think their is much truth to this geo 4 thing.

If it is going to have GSL internals they wouldn't have made the GSL... Also I highly doubt another geo will be released in the next two years.

#41 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,782 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:42 PM

There wont be a new Geo soon but you likely will be able to get the new internals. Remember the GST kit?

#42 meh

meh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 10:01 PM

There wont be a new Geo soon but you likely will be able to get the new internals. Remember the GST kit?

oh i see. So theres no real point in going for a geo 3.1 other than that AT pipe. 

Meh

#43 Pvlacrosse14

Pvlacrosse14

Indians Football OG #67

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,446 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:02 PM

oh i see. So theres no real point in going for a geo 3.1 other than that AT pipe. 
AT pipe, IMO comfier and better ergonomics due to the grips, and a slightly stronger frame. If that's worth the extra cash to you then go for it.

It's just like how I wen wih a 2011 g6r instead of a 2012. The OLED did not seem worth the extra $150 jump

#44 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,782 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 12:16 AM

I was reffering to the internal differences in the GSL compared to the 3/3.1. Choosing the latter two is a matter of preferences in ergonomics.

#45 DasJaco

DasJaco

TIGER STYLE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 10:03 PM

Even though I'm a Luxe shooter is say axe all the way there cheap and shoot as good as highends, and honestly if you want to blow your cash buy a PDD or Vicious Axe. But a stock one will shoot fine

Lakeville Ambush #3

DLX Luxe 2.0

Dye Rotor

Ninja 77/4500

#46 meh

meh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 11:15 PM

Even though I'm a Luxe shooter is say axe all the way there cheap and shoot as good as highends, and honestly if you want to blow your cash buy a PDD or Vicious Axe. But a stock one will shoot fine

I own an axe, i just have money to blow so im gonna go high end:) plus the axe is a little heavy for me, i have a 68/4500 from empire which seems heavier than the ninja one a friend has, so with that on there, its pretty heavy for me. i dont lift lmao. ooo and plus i hate how i cant clean the eyes! my axe is perpetually stuck at 8bps cuz the eyes are having a "malfunction"

Meh

#47 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,541 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 11:40 PM

I thinks you need to learn to maintain your "mid-end" before buying a "$upergun".

What is the use of buying a high end if you can't maintain it, might as well play with a 98.

And heavy axe? Hardly, it's not like it's going to that big of a difference going to a lighter marker other than a marker not being heavy enough and having more kick. And then it's a new issue it's too kicky or some crap like that.

If anything just invest in a ninja SL with a standard reg and sell your old tank, that is a super cheap solution. Now you have money to play, save, use on soft goods, buy food, buy car, pay rent, etc.
gnUDL.png

#48 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,810 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 11:51 PM

After the initial purchase of an Etek 2 and playing with it for almost 3 years my second legitimate gun was an Axe. About gun 30 was an Axe LE PDD now gun number 80 is yet another Axe. I have owned and shot nearly everything but I have come back to the Axe. Its just the best value in paintball. I have a penchant for building shockers but that is of course a different story. 

#49 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,541 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 12:01 AM

Got to agree with you bigx, hence why I now have my axe the way it is now... Black with Chrome.

The only way I'm going to ever move away from the Axe is a total refresh on the Axe platform (see mini gs). And now my breech wear is getting a break thanks to the Geo 2.1 lol
gnUDL.png

#50 OMGitisZMD

OMGitisZMD

Maryland Paintballer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 04:43 PM

Get a Ninja SL and Spire, then Lurker out your Axe - then, call it a day :)

Maryland Paintballer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users