7 replies to this topic

#1 Ahunt01

Ahunt01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 10:43 AM

Hi all,

I have had my eye on an Empire 2013 LTD jersey, but noticed that it really has no chest padding. It's not that I can't take a shot to the chest, I'd just prefer to not have it hurt so bad, and I don't want to wear a bounce vest - too hot. Any recommendations for jersey's with decent chest protection? Planet Eclipse looks intriguing...

Thanks!

#2 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,935 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 11:13 AM

Eclipse jerseys do have chest padding but no soft padding will really reduce the pain of an impact much, theyre mostly there to get bounces.

My advice... "GUN UP!" Then you wont get shot in the chest. ;)

#3 Ahunt01

Ahunt01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 11:25 AM

Lol I knew someone would say that.

#4 Jaccen

Jaccen

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 11:52 AM

The newer JT line has some decent padding.

Edited by Jaccen, 05 April 2014 - 11:52 AM.

#5 Justin B.

Justin B.

One Nation D5 EPL Paintball 2014!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,513 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 12:32 PM

I wouldn't worry about chest padding. Like BurningPlaydoh said, the only reason some jerseys have it is so that you can possibly get more bounces off of it. The padding is very thin on the jerseys that do have chest padding for this reason.

One Nation

My Feedback: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=210995

"CP anything should immediately reduce the value to zero, its painful to see nice guns with CP regs."

- Cookybiscuit

#6 Ahunt01

Ahunt01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 12:38 PM

So for taking the sting out, that's the role of a bounce vest (beyond good form lol)?

#7 Justin B.

Justin B.

One Nation D5 EPL Paintball 2014!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,513 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 12:48 PM

So for taking the sting out, that's the role of a bounce vest (beyond good form lol)?

The role of a bounce vest is to promote bounces. But technically yes, it does take some of the sting out of getting shot. When I first started playing I wore one the first and second time I ever played and then I just didn't care anymore because it was too bulky and it doesn't hurt to get shot really. I then sold the bounce vest. lol. I know some referees wear them because they get shot like all day so clearly it does take some of the sting out.

Edited by Justin B., 05 April 2014 - 12:50 PM.

One Nation

My Feedback: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=210995

"CP anything should immediately reduce the value to zero, its painful to see nice guns with CP regs."

- Cookybiscuit

#8 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,935 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 12:58 PM

I have a bounce shirt and the name is accurate, it gets you bounces. The padding is very soft on both jerseys and those (because you want to decelerate the paintball as slowly and gently as possible to get bounces) which means you still feel the firce of the hit. As Justin said I only wear mine reffing because its so bulky and getting hit while reffing definitely sucks more since you dont have the adrenaline and focus of when youre playing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users