#1 Hardtail

Hardtail

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 03:00 AM

Hiya...

Last played Pball about 20 years ago...

Did it all back then, speed, rec, hyper etc.

Family and responsibilities got in the way, but now, wanting to get back into it with my 12 and 13yo kids.

Question:

I am going HP air, no CO2.

So i have to get one gun for me, two for the kids, but what i need for them is reliable, electronic, with room for them to grow and be able to use it for a few years.

Being able to pay, makes it easier than when i used to play years ago, so my main aim is not money, but to ensure that what i do get is quality and lasts a while.

So.

I am leaning towards a luxe for myself (yeah, i know....but i am paying the bills)...and would like advice for the kids kit....

#2 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 04:30 AM

I would suggest considering an axe per kid, as long as it is a marker that will feel good in their hands. If the Axe isn't their flavor, the etek libe is also a swell option. Tank wise it's up to the kids for preference, I would suggest a 68 or 77 carbon fiber tank if you anticipate growth spurt yet. And Hopper wise I found the rotors being very bullet proof, so I would use that lol
gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#3 pbbrybry

pbbrybry

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 06:47 AM

For the tank, everyone is running HP/LP air and it's a not a hassle because you can fill yourself. At my local field there's always a line of people getting air because they run CO2 and I just pass by them in a few seconds as they have to have a person fill their tanks. 

For you go for what ever feels best at hand, re-learn about the spools/poppets and see what you like best. Planet Eclipse is probably the high end marker you might want to look at depending on the engine you would like. LV1 or poppy and Geo/GSL for spool. That's just a starter as that's what most people buy and stand by these markers. 

Now for the kids will be the same as mentioned above, but due to the fact that they're kids they may not be full grown and axe may be too big. Possibly look into the new mini GS as it's pretty much the same as the axe, but hence the name mini  :P

FEEDBACK!

2 | 0 | 0

#4 Rhino1909

Rhino1909

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:36 AM

It sounds like you want the kids to get axes but you could always buy them two enmeys. Not electros but super simple guns and much cheaper. Your choice. And you might want to get them 50/4500 tanks. Smaller than 68/4500 tanks. And then a rotor.

#5 Ch@osX

Ch@osX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 10:48 AM

I would also suggest a enmy or envy... Decent price on both. envy is a little more upgradeable for future use

#6 Rhino1909

Rhino1909

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 10:57 AM

I would also suggest a enmy or envy... Decent price on both. envy is a little more upgradeable for future use

IMO, I'd go straight to the extcy

#7 The Recballer

The Recballer

South Florida Shockers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 11:13 AM

Id recommend the LV1 for you (Unless you know how to maintain spools, in which case get a DM)

And Eteks for the kids.

Chelsea Football Club - St.Louis Rams - Tampa Bay Rays - Florida Panthers - Miami Heat

Tampa Bay Damage - Los Angeles Ironmen

South Florida Shockers #16

#8 sorawiz23

sorawiz23

the ref is here

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 10:15 AM

for kids i would go with Smart Parts ions. they are online everywhere! i got that as my first electro and i still use it to this day. luxes are nice but are very expensive i would look around for deals online like eBay or on the BST form there is always new electro's on there.
OH MY GOD THEY'VE GOT ION'S RUN!!!!!!!!

sweet freak barrel system used once!!!
http://www.techpb.co...d/#entry3316073

#9 Ranger

Ranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 01:41 AM

Go for the new Minis for sure. Lots of room to grow as they can still be nicely upgraded and you can buy foregrip extenders if a larger frame is needed. As for the tank, I agree with Rhino and get 50/4500s. Also, I always thought that Spires looked nicer on Minis, but that's just me.

A.E.K.Δ.B.

#10 Pvlacrosse14

Pvlacrosse14

Indians Football OG #67

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,593 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 12:44 PM

Welcome back to the sport and welcome to techpb :)

I hope your kids are grateful for their new setups. I will have to agrees with everyone else here and say go for the mini/axe as it is a great platform and eke will have your back no matter what
My Setup- OLED G6R, Virtue Spire 260, Ninja Pro V2 68/45, Empire Events, 2013 NXE Elevation

#11 ScaryfatkidGT

ScaryfatkidGT

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 12:24 AM

Yeah this, blackheart extcy for $200, about the only upp needed is a good metal, lever clamping feed neck

for kids i would go with Smart Parts ions. they are online everywhere! i got that as my first electro and i still use it to this day. luxes are nice but are very expensive i would look around for deals online like eBay or on the BST form there is always new electro's on there.

ummm so an extcy? BOB is a big thing

#12 sorawiz23

sorawiz23

the ref is here

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 11:55 AM

Yeah this, blackheart extcy for $200, about the only upp needed is a good metal, lever clamping feed neck

ummm so an extcy? BOB is a big thing

same thing but i have an ion and i love it to death. it is reliable and you can beat the crap out of it and it will keep shooting. i love my ion so thats why i am recommending it.
OH MY GOD THEY'VE GOT ION'S RUN!!!!!!!!

sweet freak barrel system used once!!!
http://www.techpb.co...d/#entry3316073

#13 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:55 PM

Not the same thing. The eXTCy is miles better than the ion, especially stock, simply because it has all the parts the ion should have. Trigger, feedneck, on/off, blackheart board, and bolt out back design.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#14 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 08:08 AM

Go for the new Minis for sure. Lots of room to grow as they can still be nicely upgraded and you can buy foregrip extenders if a larger frame is needed. As for the tank, I agree with Rhino and get 50/4500s. Also, I always thought that Spires looked nicer on Minis, but that's just me.

Foregrip extenders will not work in the mini gs. New foregrip is the reason
gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#15 Brook

Brook

Old n00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 06:45 PM

Hiya...

Family and responsibilities got in the way, but now, wanting to get back into it with my 12 and 13yo kids.

Question:

I am going HP air, no CO2.

So i have to get one gun for me, two for the kids, but what i need for them is reliable, electronic, with room for them to grow and be able to use it for a few years.

Being able to pay, makes it easier than when i used to play years ago, so my main aim is not money, but to ensure that what i do get is quality and lasts a while.

So.

I am leaning towards a luxe for myself (yeah, i know....but i am paying the bills)...and would like advice for the kids kit....

Kudos for getting your kids out there - I have amazing fun with mine (and we are much nicer while shooting at each other than at the dinner table).

I went with the GOG eNMEy (which I love) but you specified electros...so (as was mentioned) the eXTCy for $200 on sale is a great deal.

No one has mentioned it, so I should probably double check that you and your kids have thermal masks that fit perfectly (and, if your knees are anything like mine, you have kneepads).

And EVERY dad should have a Luxe, we have all earned them...but that my wife won't let me spend that much money on a single gun...:-(

Welcome back!

...um...I have another stupid question...

#16 bronybros

bronybros

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 07:19 PM

I would go for the extcy for the kids and a little boobie tank also

#17 Justin B.

Justin B.

One Nation D5 EPL Paintball 2014!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,513 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 08:02 PM

A Luxe is a great option for you and if you don't want to pay the massive price for one, I highly suggest looking on PBNation (another forum with a larger BST than this one) for a used Luxe. If you do buy one used, never gift the money if someone asks you too. Always send it as good/services so that you are protected by Paypal if the person rips you off (Highly unlikely but it happens). If you have any questions about buying used on there feel free to PM me.

For the Kids, I would recommend something like a GOG Extcy as others have said above. I have never personally owned one but when I was first asking about my first marker, that's what I was recommend because people say they are easy to maintain, dependable, and shoot good. If you are looking for something a little more "high tech" than that (I guess you could say) I would go with the Empire Axe due to its small size. Also, if you can, let your kids hold different markers at a local pro shop and see what fits them well.

Welcome back, I'm sure you will quickly find out Paintball has evolved quite a bit over the past few years.

I'm always willing to help and so are many others on here.

- Justin B.

Edited by Justin B., 06 May 2014 - 08:03 PM.

One Nation

My Feedback: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=210995

"CP anything should immediately reduce the value to zero, its painful to see nice guns with CP regs."

- Cookybiscuit

#18 AaronAlso

AaronAlso

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 06:07 AM

Hiya...

Family and responsibilities got in the way, but now, wanting to get back into it...

I'm in the exact same boat with you. So don't feel alone.

#19 Justin B.

Justin B.

One Nation D5 EPL Paintball 2014!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,513 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 01:55 PM

Hiya...

Family and responsibilities got in the way, but now, wanting to get back into it...

Lol, I thought you were cockerpunk until I saw you only had 2 posts. Your Avatar is the same as his.

One Nation

My Feedback: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=210995

"CP anything should immediately reduce the value to zero, its painful to see nice guns with CP regs."

- Cookybiscuit

#20 AaronAlso

AaronAlso

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 05:18 PM

Hiya...

Lol, I thought you were cockerpunk until I saw you only had 2 posts. Your Avatar is the same as his.

Oh! i didn't know, I'll change it then. Thanks for the heads up.

#21 ClayCallison

ClayCallison

Vatican Assassin Worlock

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 03:34 PM

Go with the axe for the kids, a dm 14 for youself, rotors for all of you, and DONT FORGET GEAR!  Right now on ansgear.com you can buy dye pants, jerseys, and pads all in one package and you can also get dye dm14, rotor, and i4 mask in a bundle!  All matching colors and save a few bucks in the process.

If you're under 18 and pay for your own stuff, put this in your signature.

#22 The Recballer

The Recballer

South Florida Shockers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 04:28 PM

Dye much?

Proflexes work just as well as I4s and are half the price, BDU pants work fine, you don't need paintball brand pants.

Chelsea Football Club - St.Louis Rams - Tampa Bay Rays - Florida Panthers - Miami Heat

#23 slinkyaroo

slinkyaroo

Yes, I'm old. Yes, I'm cranky.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,864 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 07:02 AM

I would get the Proto Axis mask because they are smaller.  Empire pod packs come in a small/med.

I would look at a light good hopper and go for a cheaper GoG marker.  They'll eventually outgrow the marker but not the hopper.

#24 The Rec-Baller 217

The Rec-Baller 217

GET SOME PAINT IN THE AIR!!!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 07:45 PM

And Eteks for the kids.

^^^^

THIS, Eteks are great markers for players of all skill levels. Plus they are backed by PE which has a great parts kit and great customer support. I love mine, Im never gonna sell it because it is such a great marker, even if it is loud you don't even notice it when your playing.

#25 Cyk101

Cyk101

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:45 PM

I think it depends how old your kids are and how into paintball you think they're going to be. Something like the extcy is great, for a beginner even intermediate marker, and it's lighter than the axe. It's not as fancy, but the maintenance is simple, it has all the modes you could ever want and it shoots paint at up to 20 b.p.s, which at the end of the day is all you need. A couple upgrades, like the techt l7 and 360 q.e.v, and it's really nice. Minis, either the new one or used older models are good, only thing you don't get with the older ones are the on/off relays.

My opinion is spend the least you can to get what you need and spend the rest on field fees and paint. Having expensive stuff doesn't make you a better player.

#26 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:18 PM

Axes and minis are also good kid friendly markers. Eteks are loudsies.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#27 MrKnoxville917

MrKnoxville917

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:29 AM

If your interested in a DM14 I've got a really nice one like new in box. I got it brand new and didn't like the feel. Pm me if your interested and I'll send you some pics
Oh yeah and I have an axe I've hardly used I can send you some pics of that as well. Great gun perfect for one of your kids

#28 The Recballer

The Recballer

South Florida Shockers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:18 AM

If your interested in a DM14 I've got a really nice one like new in box. I got it brand new and didn't like the feel. Pm me if your interested and I'll send you some pics
Oh yeah and I have an axe I've hardly used I can send you some pics of that as well. Great gun perfect for one of your kids

Just an FYI, BST deals cannot be made via PM.

#29 Frogman

Frogman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 11:03 PM

Im new so I cant help you much there sorry. :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users