5 replies to this topic

#1 adjren

adjren

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:16 AM

Supp pew pew

So, I have seen quite a few boards about this topic.. but its always; "Either work, HP will be fine".

So yes I know hp will be fine, but if I took the shims out of the Ninja Reg on my 68/45 Crossfire, will I see any advantages? Does this make the tank any safer? Actual efficiency boost? 

Sub topic; lets say... after a recent incident involving over pressure fill.. and a sudden saftey valve pop.. I picked up a mild fear of air tanks. Any stats, stories, or suggestions for getting the f#ck over it?

Alright.. so that last ones actually a really big reason for posting this. Help me Greg Hast-en-Obi, you're my only hope.

#2 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,894 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:05 AM

Tank output pressure will not matter at all on an Axe other than that you shouldnt use an SHP reg.

#3 Yankee Paintball

Yankee Paintball

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:24 PM

There isn't much we can say about the tank incident. Nothing we post will change the fact you're running around with 4,500 psi in your armpit. The best I can say is that the burst disk did exactly what it was made for and vented the over pressure. Did you find out why it failed? A 4.5k tank has a 7k burst disk and a 3k after the reg, which one blew? That'll help point out the issue. Inspect your tank and reg often. I have to remind customers of the danger of HPA tanks, they're no joke.

Edited by Yankee Paintball, 15 April 2014 - 05:07 AM.

Connecticut's woodsball field! Bookmark www.yankeepaintball.com Closed for the winter, reopening April 7th, 2012.
Authorized Dealer for CCI, Tippmann, Planet Eclipse, Tiberius Arms, and DYE . Distributor for Valken, KEE,APP and Procaps.
Need Yankee Paintball info fast? Email.

"That blew so hard all my old Nintendo games started working again."~Dstyles75

#4 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,894 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:57 PM

The only tank accidents Ive heard about have been due to GROSS negligence. Dont out oil in your fill nipple and youll be fine.

#5 adjren

adjren

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 09:12 AM

Thanks doods =)

#6 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,860 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 10:23 AM

Pretty sure the manual actually recommends LP, but ilke others have said using HP is perfectly fine.  I used HP output the entirety of the time I owned my Axe and never had an issue.  It generally just comes down to more oring maintenence when using HP.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users