• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 iamhades

iamhades

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:55 PM

I am looking to upgrade my KP, the only ups it has are a freak barrel kit and the POPS asa. Does any one have ideas about what I can upgrade next?

#2 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,108 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:55 PM

Upgrade it by feeding it good paint.

#3 Old Dude PB

Old Dude PB

Safety third.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 02:26 PM

Playdoh has given you the best advice, freeing me up to answer your question as literally (and irresponsibly) as possible. If, hypothetically, I wanted to upgrade an Azodin Kaos Pump and money was no object, here's what I'd do. First, I'd switch it over to low pressure operation by putting an inline regulator on it (if it didn't already have one), swapping in a high-flow valve, and re-springing it. Then I'd get the single trigger frame for it, and I'd replace the feedneck with something locking from CCM or CP. At that point, I'd probably start feeling like the Freak kit wasn't spiffy enough, so I'd replace that with a Deadlywind Fibur. If the itch still hadn't gone away, I'd send it for a custom ano job and maybe lasering, too. At that point, you will have spent as much as it would cost to get a nice T2 or S6.5, but your KP will be optimal.

Caveat #1: OK, so that wasn't all that hypothetical. I have two AKPs as loaners/backups, and one of them has a lot of those ups. The other is stock. They shoot pretty much the same.

Caveat #2: I've assumed that by "KP," you're referring to the Azodin Kaos Pump. If you were actually referring to the Sheridan KP rifle, get yourself over to M. Carter Brown immediately, where you won't get any suggestions for ups, but you'll probably get three or four offers to buy or trade for it in the first 15 minutes.

Edited by Old Dude PB, 16 April 2014 - 07:42 AM.

#4 Yankee Paintball

Yankee Paintball

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:47 AM

Nice Old Dude, I'm presuming that with a freak barrel and pops he has the Azodin. Personally I'd leave it as is and start saving for another gun (the more the merrier) and a 13/3000 tank. I'd only buy stuff that I can swap on to my next gun.

Edited by Yankee Paintball, 16 April 2014 - 06:48 AM.

Connecticut's woodsball field! Bookmark www.yankeepaintball.com Closed for the winter, reopening April 7th, 2012.
Authorized Dealer for CCI, Tippmann, Planet Eclipse, Tiberius Arms, and DYE . Distributor for Valken, KEE,APP and Procaps.
Need Yankee Paintball info fast? Email.

"That blew so hard all my old Nintendo games started working again."~Dstyles75

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: KP, Azodin, pump

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users