• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Vradicar

Vradicar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:01 PM

So, after a little bit of effort I've finally got my girlfriend hooked on paintball, only problem now is tryin to update her gear!

She currently uses a tippmann A5, and a sly profit mask, with a steely tank. But I'm thinking of looking into finding gear for her.

So, hopefully people can help me out here, as an added side note She's about 5'3" or 5'4"

I'm just curious if anyone knows of any pants that for shorter people, like in the smalls, or of she'll need to look into youth sizes. Also curious as to a gun I could get her used for hopefully under $500

Preferably an air efficient gun (likely going to need a stubby tank) that's reliable an easy to clean (mostly cause I have my own gear to maintain)

Any and all advice is appreciated, even I you think I can get a much better gun for slightly about $500 maybe even into $600-$700 lemme know

Thanks!

#2 Cyk101

Cyk101

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:18 PM

You could easily get her a brand new empire mini GS. Closer to all the advantages of the full sized axe than the original mini, and better designed for younger/ smaller players. Easy tuning, nice shot, on/off ASA, reliable and easy maintenance and KEE has good customer service if you need to fix anything you can't.

http://www.ansgear.c...sblackblack.htm

#3 tcheekdye

tcheekdye

Bitch im just bustin at em

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:25 PM

I say go with a vice. It's extremely efficient and pretty nice. Plus they can be found around $300

giphy.gifTECH PB HEAVY METAL FAN CLUB  http://www.techpb.co...metal-fan-club/

#4 vector911

vector911

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 01:51 PM

Vice/marq sc, plus a new ninja 68/4500SL tank which is the same size/weight as a 45/45.
The mini gs idea with the ninja SL sounds good too.
There are tons of axes out there as they fit the bill if she likes the feel of it.

The goal should be a light, hassle free setup suited to her size. When I outfit a friends kid with gear; I think of "backup" always works no matter what condition types rather than best shot/supremely efficient. Fourtunately the vice/sc marq (rapper, closer - not mummy) have been the pinnacle of efficient with easy maint and shot quality while staying in the 1.9 - 2.1 lb range. Both markers were soo good their kids (g6r and victory vis) are still coming off he assembly line.

#5 smurfinator22

smurfinator22

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 04:42 PM

i agree with everyone on older bob long markers like the vice or the marq.

as for a tank, i strongly recommend the ninja 45/45 or the ninja 50/45 peanut tank.
both of those are going to be very light and manageable.

i dont know if you have a loader for her to use or not. if you dont then i would look at a used rotor, Z2, spire or pinokio. 

gear wise, take a look at valken. they have a large selection of sizes (all the way down to xxs) as well as colours for their gear so its likely she'll find a colour that she really likes. valken equipment is also fairly affordable and works amazing for how its priced.

#6 Justin B.

Justin B.

One Nation D5 EPL Paintball 2014!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,474 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 05:08 PM

i agree with everyone on older bob long markers like the vice or the marq.

as for a tank, i strongly recommend the ninja 45/45 or the ninja 50/45 peanut tank.
both of those are going to be very light and manageable.

i dont know if you have a loader for her to use or not. if you dont then i would look at a used rotor, Z2, spire or pinokio. 

gear wise, take a look at valken. they have a large selection of sizes (all the way down to xxs) as well as colours for their gear so its likely she'll find a colour that she really likes. valken equipment is also fairly affordable and works amazing for how its priced.

This, but I wouldn't worry too much about a jersey. Paintball pants are nice though. If your willing to spend more than valken though, I would go with Exalt thrasher pants. They are very adjustable at the waist and the ankles. I'm the same height as her too so it should not be a problem getting the thrashers to fit.

One Nation

Bob Long V1 Victory in **Titanium and Red W/Pressure tester and extras! 9/10 Cond.**: http://www.techpb.co...-910-condition/

My Feedback: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=210995

"CP anything should immediately reduce the value to zero, its painful to see nice guns with CP regs."

- Cookybiscuit

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users