Photo

School Presentation

school college

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Poll: Agree or Disagree (3 member(s) have cast votes)

Agree or Disagree

1. Agree with problem but not my idea (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Agree with both problem and my idea (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. don't agree (3 votes [100.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 SnapShooter4

SnapShooter4

Not actually that good at snapshooting

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 12:30 AM

Hey guys so for my English 102 class we have to make a presentation for the class. I would like to present your guys' votes from this letter that I will not actually be sending. This letter is based off of the research that I've done over the controversy for the k-12 educational system. Specifically college prep schools. Through research and personal experience I've discovered that they do not prepare students for college. So I am proposing a new idea in which I explain in the letter. The letter will be posted below starting at Dear educators. Please don't comment unless bumping and just vote. I know that my idea may be silly and that is the purpose of this post. To see who out of common people will agree with me and help support this idea if I were to try and follow it up. Thank you for your time!

Dear Educators,

My name is James Santasiere and I am a student at the University of Arizona. It has been my duty to research a controversy in the K-12 educational system and not only analyze it but create a public argument for such a controversy. In my research I have come to the conclusion that college preparatory schools especially the local school University High does not significantly prepare students for college. Upon weeks of research, interviews, and personal experience I have found that College preparatory schools act just like high schools except they require students to take AP’s. Most High schools today offer AP courses without extra funding to be a “college preparatory school.” I’m going to keep this letter short and sweet because I’m sure you receive hundreds of letters on your educational system.

I have come up with an idea that may make it more logical to give these college prep schools extra funding. It doesn’t make sense to pay more for something of the same value right? Have you considered making college preparatory schools more like the college education system itself? How many students can’t handle the transition from high school to college? My research shows too many students who were successful in high school but failing to grasp the concept of college. My idea would get rid of the eight hour day that high school students attend class after class and replace it with a college based system. Offer students the ability to take classes back to back or take classes throughout the entire day.  This is just the developing form of an idea and I would like your input please. I’m not trying to impose on your system, but would you be willing to work with me to make college prep schools more cost effective? Thank you for your time and effort; I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

James Santasiere

#2 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:23 PM

Not sure where you are getting this research, but private college prep schools prepare you way better than any public high school. At least the one I went to did.

Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: school, college

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users