#1 Brook

Brook

Old n00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 01:41 PM

Hey all,

I just got a PMI Trracer (it is not really new, as the subject line implies, just new to me) from a guy at work (along with a CCI Phantom, both for very good prices).

But some things about the Trracer confuse me, so I thought I would ask here:

• I could not find a manual online for my PMI Trracer (I found an Empire one and I found one for a PMI Trracer that is not a pump?) Anyone know where I can get one?
  • The Trracer, while it seems very similar in design to the Phantom, does not have a velocity adjustment screw on the face of the bolt. Is it missing? Or is there another way to adjust the velocity?
  • The feed neck (45 degrees to the right) is too big for the elbows that I have seen. Is it maybe set up for a different sort of feed?
  • It has an ASA on the very back of the breech block, but when I screw a tank in, air leaks out like crazy. The same tank works fine on my Phantom. Is there something I can do to diagnose and fix this? Failing that, is there a place I can go to get replacement ASAs? Or even a 12gram adapter (so I can go stock)?
  • Will this marker need aftermarket 'detents' to prevent rollout? I found some for the Phantom, will they work in the Trracer?

Thanks! I can not wait to get this guy out on the field!

...um...I have another stupid question...

#2 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,918 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 01:57 PM

I'm not super duper well versed in the Trracer, but hopefully I can provide some guidance, but also look for advice from others, as I'm by no means an expert.

If I'm not mistaken, the Trracer's velocity is adjusted by using different springs, and you have to take the bolt out and swap out a spring to adjust the velocity.

The feedneck should work with an elbow, I used one one time and hooked an elbow up to the Trracer and then hooked my Rotor into the elbow. Maybe there are different elbows you can use, I don't know for sure, I don't have the Trracer and the elbow in my hands, so that's a bit harder to diagnose.

If I had to guess, I'd say there's an o-ring in your ASA that is needed to seal it so air doesn't leak, but is missing. Once you find the manual try and find out what that o-ring is and get a new one. I don't know about replacement ASAs for it, but any bucket changer that can screw into a standard ASA will screw into it and then you can use 12 grams that way. But first you need to find which o-ring is missing so it will stop leaking.

#3 Brook

Brook

Old n00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 02:01 PM

...I used one one time and hooked an elbow up to the Trracer and then hooked my Rotor into the elbow.

I certainly hope the Rotor was able to keep up :-)

...um...I have another stupid question...

#4 Yankee Paintball

Yankee Paintball

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:11 PM

Some times the pin in the older ASAs is too long. Put an extra tank o ring inside the Asa (a little lube or even spit will help it stay) and then screw the tank in normally. Take the gun apart and look at the bolt if it's hollow with a hex head like shoe you can use an Allen wrench to adjust it, otherwise you'll have to respring like TK suggested.

Edited by Yankee Paintball, 21 April 2014 - 08:12 PM.

Connecticut's woodsball field! Bookmark www.yankeepaintball.com Closed for the winter, reopening April 7th, 2012.
Authorized Dealer for CCI, Tippmann, Planet Eclipse, Tiberius Arms, and DYE . Distributor for Valken, KEE,APP and Procaps.
Need Yankee Paintball info fast? Email.

"That blew so hard all my old Nintendo games started working again."~Dstyles75

#5 Jaccen

Jaccen

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 04:18 PM

The Maverick was very similar:

http://www.mcarterbr...CI/Maverick.pdf

So was the Diablo (NOT the Diablo Deluxe--the original Diablo pump)

http://www.diabloown...opumpmanual.pdf

Edited by Jaccen, 06 May 2014 - 09:55 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users