9 replies to this topic

#1 mustangs

mustangs

"Everyone has a plan, until they get hit in the face"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 07:48 PM

How many of you use a high end gun that's at least $900 and only lay woodsball? Only reason I ask is I was thinking about getting an ego 11, but my one friend said I don't need to buy a high end gun when I only go 1-2 times a month (sometimes not even once a month) and only play woodsball. He has an axe and he suggested I get that instead, considering I already have an 2013 demon, but recently I haven't been trusting its reliability.

#2 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 07:58 PM

You can get Ego 11s for around $550 or less

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 28 April 2014 - 07:58 PM.

#3 mustangs

mustangs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:16 PM

True. But I was also looking at the Jt impulse but finding those used is difficult since it's still new

#4 Cyk101

Cyk101

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 09:33 PM

It's your money and you can do whatever you want with it. To most people however spending 900 dollars on a hobby you may or may not take part in a few times a month is a bit of a stretch, especially since the performance gains you'd get from an upgraded axe to that jt impulse don't really justify the price tag. Although it's people like you that keep the higher end paintball market in business.

#5 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 11:09 PM

Are you buying used locally? There are a fair amoumt if used Impulses out there, just post a WTB on PBN and the big facebook BST groups.

#6 mustangs

mustangs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 11:31 PM

It's your money and you can do whatever you want with it. To most people however spending 900 dollars on a hobby you may or may not take part in a few times a month is a bit of a stretch, especially since the performance gains you'd get from an upgraded axe to that jt impulse don't really justify the price tag. Although it's people like you that keep the higher end paintball market in business.

So pretty much you're saying an upgraded axe will actually somewhat perform the same if not better than an impulse/ego? While still at the same time saving a few hundred of dollars?

And people like me? Lol not sure if you mean that in a bad way but to be honest I don't go out looking at high end markers. If I can find a used one half price than yea I'll consider it because it's now priced at a mid range price tag, but it's used not new. I will say this, I went to the store with my friend when he got his axe. Every time is hold the axe it just feels right in the hands lol the only thing is I never shot it! I only would dry fire it and I don't believe it feels the same dry firing it compared to shooting paintballs. But it does feel nice in the hands and I like the trigger.............guess I'm pretty much answering my own question right about now lol

Are you buying used locally? There are a fair amoumt if used Impulses out there, just post a WTB on PBN and the big facebook BST groups.

If I were to buy used it would be online. Locally to me is more difficult even though some stores can have used guns

#7 ScaryfatkidGT

ScaryfatkidGT

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 12:34 AM

So pretty much you're saying an upgraded axe will actually somewhat perform the same if not better than an impulse/ego? While still at the same time saving a few hundred of dollars?

And people like me? Lol not sure if you mean that in a bad way but to be honest I don't go out looking at high end markers. If I can find a used one half price than yea I'll consider it because it's now priced at a mid range price tag, but it's used not new. I will say this, I went to the store with my friend when he got his axe. Every time is hold the axe it just feels right in the hands lol the only thing is I never shot it! I only would dry fire it and I don't believe it feels the same dry firing it compared to shooting paintballs. But it does feel nice in the hands and I like the trigger.............guess I'm pretty much answering my own question right about now lol

If I were to buy used it would be online. Locally to me is more difficult even though some stores can have used guns

Paint comes out of the gun, if your willing to pay double the price for a little more this or that thats up to you.

I think what he was trying to say is for example Dye would have a really hard time selling DM's if everyone settled for a rail, but there are people out there who are happy to spend double or more on a DM even tho the paint flys out the barrel basically the same.

#8 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 06:23 AM

The only way an Ego 11 or Impulse performs better than the Axe is that some people dont like ergonomics of the Axe or prefer stacked-tube guns.

#9 mustangs

mustangs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:34 AM

Yea i figured that by now. Im just going to get an axe considering I'm getting less hours from one of my jobs now so saving $400 is a plus

#10 Arewethereyet

Arewethereyet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 02:04 PM

I use an autococker that i built back in 04 that was like $1500 also a Dye dm3 trick out with mod, part ect ,and 1 2011 Boblong G6r with upgrades . All souly for woodsball.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users