8 replies to this topic

#1 SCizTheCaptain91

SCizTheCaptain91

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 03:18 PM

Hey guys,

I narrowed down my search for a decent marker, seeing as I don't want to spend 2k on a LV1 or Luxe, to a Empire Axe LE with Redline, (carbon as well) or the JT Impulse.

I have shot the axe, was pretty decent but I would like to know if anybody has shot an Impulse before.

Both are around the same price range, and like I said, I am just getting back into the speedball scene.

My previous marker was a old PM7, which i came to dislike very much do to it breaking down most of the time.

Anyhow, any advice please, just to make my decision a bit easier.

Thanks.  

#2 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,114 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 05:56 PM

Why these two?

#3 SCizTheCaptain91

SCizTheCaptain91

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:46 AM

Well, seeing as I am in Canada, Dye Products are a pain to get your hands on and to service as well. Locally here we have a KEE Dealer and Shop, so I can easily go there if anything should arise. Also, budget comes into play, and these two markers are around the same price range, and I am getting a good deal at my local shop. Lots of people here have Axes and they love them, but never have seen an Impulse on the field yet. 

I don't really like going mainstream, but I just want a reliable marker that will perform. 

#4 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,114 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:55 AM

I wouldnt pick a marker just based off what your local shop primarily carries but the Axe (just the standard one) is a great shooter and value.

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 08 May 2014 - 09:56 AM.

#5 SCizTheCaptain91

SCizTheCaptain91

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:43 AM

Oh I know that, but I've shot Dye, (currently own a pm7 and thing's a joke) Luxe, Geo, Egos, Macdev and Bob Long, and I haven't been a fan so far. Plus to me the price is way to ridiculous. I just haven't gotten the chance to shoot the Impulse as no one here has one, and the axe lots of people here have them and love them. So basically, I need a marker that will exceed my expectations and for a good price. I will be competing lots this season and I want something that can perform. 

#6 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 08:03 AM

The impulse in my opinion is a better gun for the price, especially when comparing it to an LE Axe. My only gripes with the Imp so far is the macroline, and it's use of snap rings on the hpr. Other than that it shoots great.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#7 SCizTheCaptain91

SCizTheCaptain91

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 08:28 AM

The impulse in my opinion is a better gun for the price, especially when comparing it to an LE Axe. My only gripes with the Imp so far is the macroline, and it's use of snap rings on the hpr. Other than that it shoots great.I a

I agree, but I never saw one or held one in my hands so decision is quite difficult. On the other hand, the Axe LE comes with the super freak and redline board and barrel kit. Both are around the same price range, so quite difficult to make a decision now. Especially with the really good deal my shop is giving me on both markers. Could have both markers for a price cheaper than the LV1. 

#8 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,114 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 04:54 PM

The Redline Axes are a ripoff. Just a get a normal Axe and a 14" barrel in .683-.686 bore. Later you could add a new bolt or the Lurker poppet if you so desire.

#9 conorq12

conorq12

Are those my balls on your face?

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:05 PM

Ive never shot the impulse but I have shot the AXE, and I have friends who shoot Axe LE and love it! Plus, the Axe LE comes with a barrel kit, while the impulse does not.

lg_ICU%20Paintball%20logo.jpg
ICU Paintball
Des Moines, Iowa
DSM Detox

ICU Rattlesnake

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: JT, Empire, Axe, Speedball, Advice, Better gun

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users